PGA FORUM

Comments

• whodat2

When: Jun 17-20

Where: San Diego, CA

Course: Torrey Pines (South) A Par 71 at up to 7698 yards

Last Year’s Winner: Bryson DeChambeau at -6

Last Year’s Cut: +6 TOP 60 plus ties.

Coverage: Golf Channel | NBC | Peacock, Streaming: USOpen.com plus other apps

RG Golf Forum League

Happy Meal 2020 Standings

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – Golf strategy talk for this week’s contest. Post referring to last week’s contest will be moved to the correct thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

It feels weird that Rickie Fowler is not in the field!

• madskillz84

@Felixxberg said...

It feels weird that Rickie Fowler is not in the field!

Jason Day as well

• mookie336

How many players(approximately) do you guys have in your player pool for 20 max at majors? How about non-majors?

• timusbr

@mookie336 said...

How many players(approximately) do you guys have in your player pool for 20 max at majors? How about non-majors?

I like the low 20’s but Ive seen people use 40.
    For myself I like tight cores. then a bunch of guys 1-3 times. I always say, pick your possible player pool first then make your choices.

• MrBreeze

@mookie336 said...

23, the answer is 23 , YMMV

• depalma13

@mookie336 said...

Always one or two less than I should.

• BIF

Lee Westwood was in Vegas this past week and besides going to the Golden Knights NHL playoff game, he also got married to his caddie/girlfriend

https://twitter.com/WestwoodLee/status/1403562939370536963?s=20

• whodat2

Quoting BIF above

• titanhawks

@mookie336 said...

I had 18 in the Birdie and 21 in the Quarter in 20 LU’s each and I’ve tightening lately but that is a low as I’ll go

I had run 26-28 early on but that just gave me too many chances for MC’s

Keep it tight and be confident in your picks :)

• Getty33

Looking at recent Torrey Pines history a handful of familiar names pop up on a regular basis. Rose, Day, Finau, Leishman, and Woodland for starters.

My biggest worry right now is the possibility of having to listen to the PGA Tour’s endlessly annoying “Big,big win” commercial ad nauseum once again.

• hbomb57

@BIF said...

Lee Westwood was in Vegas this past week and besides going to the Golden Knights NHL playoff game, he also got married to his caddie/girlfriend

Who is his Caddy going to be now? You can expect her to caddy now. No marriage is bliss 24/7 365.

• BIF

@hbomb57 said...

Who is his Caddy going to be now? You can expect her to caddy now. No marriage is bliss 24/7 365.

Tell that to Steve Stricker, his wife caddies for him almost full time

• BIF

@Getty33 said...

Looking at recent Torrey Pines history a handful of familiar names pop up on a regular basis. Rose, Day, Finau, Leishman, and Woodland for starters.

My biggest worry right now is the possibility of having to listen to the PGA Tour’s endlessly annoying “Big,big win” commercial ad nauseum once again.

Does course history matter for 3 rounds on the South Course in January/February with a regular PGA Tour even setup in comparison to a USGA 4-day South Course US Open setup in June ?

Sure Tiger won here both in regular events and the US Open in 2008 but that was Tiger – I’m not really looking at 3-round Jan/Feb course history as this course will play differently.

Of course some guys who fit this week based on form and/or stats could be some of the same guys who played well here before but I’m not using that past course history as a screening tool.

• depalma13

Chan Kim is incredibly missed priced.

Lock and load.

• cplatt87

Higgo is going to (deservedly) be mega-chalk this week. Trying to figure out if it’s worth eating it or not, especially considering the other options in that price range aren’t great

• BIF

With 156 players and only 60&ties make the cut this week, we have the smallest percentage of players making it to the weekend all year

• byo34

@BIF said...

Does course history matter for 3 rounds on the South Course in January/February with a regular PGA Tour even setup in comparison to a USGA 4-day South Course US Open setup in June ?

Sure Tiger won here both in regular events and the US Open in 2008 but that was Tiger – I’m not really looking at 3-round Jan/Feb course history as this course will play differently.

Of course some guys who fit this week based on form and/or stats could be some of the same guys who played well here before but I’m not using that past course history as a screening tool.

I agree, if anything I might look at guys who are good here OTT and not much else. For example, Woodland said in 2016 this course suits him OTT because he likes to work his driver left to right and the harder holes seem to favor that shot shape. I assume lines off the tee should be the one constant this week.

Have to wonder if there is even an advantage to some first timers if the course plays way different than Farmers.

• mitchsnyderdfw

@BIF said...

With 156 players and only 60&ties make the cut this week, we have the smallest percentage of players making it to the weekend all year

So tight cores this week, 20ish players rostering?

• byo34

Also wouldn’t be shocked to see some more South Africans making a run this weekend with them being very used to Kikuyu grass which is used in the fairway and rough.

Or that is just my excuse to play Charl at 7k!

• kbarnhill7523

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

• x2

2017 FanDuel WFBBC Finalist

@BIF said...

This has me re-thinking my pool size considerably.

Normally I play 38-43 golfers across 100 lineups with the highest of my “core” plays being at 30-40%, a batch of guys at 25%, another at 10-15% and then some fliers at 3-5%.

I’m thinking I need to be at 30-32 max this week and way less fliers.

• kbarnhill7523

RG Overall Ranking

• x2

@byo34 said...

Also wouldn’t be shocked to see some more South Africans making a run this weekend with them being very used to Kikuyu grass which is used in the fairway and rough.

Don’t forget about Nienaber at 6900!

• kdsdawg

So we are to assume that Rahm is completely healthy, correct? I know he had no symptoms at the time, just had not heard if he ever got sick.

I am struggling with my last SE slot between Reed and Finau

• mitchsnyderdfw

@byo34 said...

So just fire up Louis, Charl, and C-Bez?

Sounds like a winning team to me

• seangeezy

Anyone know how to get Fantasy Labs optimizer to give me lineups with less than 50k salary? Ideally I’d like my lineups to range from 45k-50k but it gives me most of them with $300 or less to spare. I’ve tried messing with the settings but can’t figure it out.

• kbarnhill7523

RG Overall Ranking

• x2

@seangeezy said...

Anyone know how to get Fantasy Labs optimizer to give me lineups with less than 50k salary? Ideally I’d like my lineups to range from 45k-50k but it gives me most of them with $300 or less to spare. I’ve tried messing with the settings but can’t figure it out.

In “General”, on the first screen when you select the Optimizer in the top left corner there should be two fields called “Min Salary Cap%” and “Max Salary Cap “. Default is 99/100%. So that will get you ones that are 49500 – 50000. If you want it down to $45k make the Min % 89% that will make it a little less than $45k.

You can also force the percentages when building lineups and make the max like 95% etc to get more lineups in the exact range you are looking for.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).