PGA FORUM

• whodat2

When: Jun 17-20

Where: San Diego, CA

Course: Torrey Pines (South) A Par 71 at up to 7698 yards

Last Year’s Winner: Bryson DeChambeau at -6

Last Year’s Cut: +6 TOP 60 plus ties.

Coverage: Golf Channel | NBC | Peacock, Streaming: USOpen.com plus other apps

RG Golf Forum League

Happy Meal 2020 Standings

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – Golf strategy talk for this week’s contest. Post referring to last week’s contest will be moved to the correct thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• lfn1992

Winner: DJ
    Fade: Spieth
    Sleepers: Nobody is talking about Poulter and Bubba? Good!

• MrSnuffleupagus

3am and you just remember about 150 entries you need to draft.

• superjon

Winner: Spieth or Rose
    Fade: DeChambeau
    Sleeper: Johnny Walker

• Getty33

Betting markets, significant movers in odds to win (bets on) : Kokrak, Lowry, and Finau.
    Biggest liability is Philip whose odds dropped from +8500 to +4000
    Bettors are fading Rory, JT, and Bison.
    Most money wagered is on Rahm and Kupkake.

• depalma13

Winner: JT nips Koepka in an epic Sunday Showdown

Fade: Speith

Sleeper: MacIntyre

Deep Sleeper: Guido

• MrBreeze

Good Thursday morning and YAY MAJOR GOLF

Feels like lottery time, so many different directions you can go this week.

PGA Tour #1 in Greens in Regulation percentage is Morikowa, so yeah, have lots of him up top. Above avg Iron player J Thomas, check, my pick to win. Have those two guys keyed.

In the middle, wow, which way to throw money…Niemann, Kokrak & Cam Smith that’s where.

Streelman, Cink & Z Johnson are my main placeholders to make the cut down low, playing for made cut equity as 6/6 % should be low.

Fades include Brooks, Bubba, Rose, Spieth, Poulter, Zalatoris & Connors so there’s a good player pool for you if I’m wrong, which I am a lot. LOL

23 entries in $10 Milly, 42 entries in the $5 DTG, still playing on house money (up 2k last two weeks.)

Someone on this board is going to win big this week, I see selections and touts all over the board, so c’mon LOTTO!

Good Luck this week Y’all, we will need it.

• noddy

@Sleazygreazy said...

Hey Noddy, if you’re out there.

I apologize for being a jerk. Was pretty uncalled for. You da man

We’re good Sleazy. No worries. Good luck this week!!!

• JimKronlund

https://rotogrinders.com/threads/us-open-2020-pga-3438261?page=12
    Page 12 of last years US Open.

• jki7p6

Winner/Sleeper: Charley Seagull

• mitchsnyderdfw

I feel horrible this morning. In my mind I had entered the Happy Meal and when all the calls went out yesterday I told myself, you are already entered so you don’t need to check.

Well guys, I’m sorry, I did not enter the HM. I’m glad to see it filled.

• Wander_Bread

@JimKronlund said...

https://rotogrinders.com/threads/us-open-2020-pga-3438261?page=12
    Page 12 of last years US Open.

Less pages than last year. Sad state of affairs on the forum!

• Baysman

@Wander_Bread said...

Everyone too busy making lineups?!

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

Winner: Cantlay over Webb
    Fade: Scheff & Berger
    Sleeper: Steele, RCB, and Burnt Cheeseburger

• mogan11

I’ve said it a million times, but I hate California late starts.

Winner: JT
    Fade: brooksy (both of them)
    Sleeper: don’t have one

• kdsdawg

@zioncres said...

I’m making an all Asian lineup. C Kim, SiWoo, Mats, Morikawa, Na, and Xander.

Xander is American, father is German, mother Taiwanese, so American
    Morikawa is American, both parents are Asian so you are closer there
    Not a true All Asian L/U

• JimKronlund

@Wander_Bread said...

1 year ago there was 53 pages.
    2 years ago there was 140 pages.
    3 years ago there was 169 pages.
    3 years ago there was 173 pages.
    At this point 1 year ago we were on page 12. https://rotogrinders.com/threads/us-open-2020-pga-3438261?page=12
    At this point 2 years ago we were on page 28. https://rotogrinders.com/threads/2019-us-open-pga-3044398?page=28
    At this point 3 years ago we were on page 38. https://rotogrinders.com/threads/the-us-open-pga-2554306?page=38
    At this point 4 years ago we were on page 44. https://rotogrinders.com/threads/us-open-pga-1939012?page=44

• whodat2

@JimKronlund said...

1 year ago there was 53 pages.
    2 years ago there was 140 pages.
    3 years ago there was 169 pages.
    3 years ago there was 173 pages.

Well MTDurham was probably responsible for 50% of the posts, either through his own posts or provoking arguments lol. Or maybe people just get tired of losing money after awhile.

• ifthethunder

@Wander_Bread said...

At least we filled the Happy Meal.
    ~

• whodat2

With the assumed lack of scoring for a US Open, remember…. a good 4/6 will beat a bad 6/6 all day long.

• depalma13

Where did all this late JT love come from? Am I really that influential?

• JimKronlund

@whodat2 said...

Well MTDurham was probably responsible for 50% of the posts, either through his own posts or provoking arguments lol. Or maybe people just get tired of losing money after awhile.

I think its part of the evolution of statistical analysis of DFS golf in general. I think everyone, myself included (very early on), thought they had an edge by using thier own model. But over time I am sure people have found the variance factor to be too great to overcome and grew tired fast of losing a lot of money over the long haul. Without a big hit, over time. There is only one outcome.

• mogan11

@depalma13 said...

Where did all this late JT love come from? Am I really that influential?

It was either him or morilawa in the last spot of my SE. I’m hoping he is sub 10%

• tristanwolf

@whodat2 said...

haha he was a character. the forum has pretty well established nicknames for many of the players but he would make up his own (harold varner- hairy veins what?). half the time i didn’t know who he was talking about.

• Shifty86

Winner-JT or Reed
    Fade- Morikawa and Dechambeau
    Sleeper- Kisner/Hughes

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

Alright, settled for English over Higgo!

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).