PGA FORUM

Comments

• whodat2

When: Jun 17-20

Where: San Diego, CA

Course: Torrey Pines (South) A Par 71 at up to 7698 yards

Last Year’s Winner: Bryson DeChambeau at -6

Last Year’s Cut: +6 TOP 60 plus ties.

Coverage: Golf Channel | NBC | Peacock, Streaming: USOpen.com plus other apps

RG Golf Forum League

Happy Meal 2020 Standings

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – Golf strategy talk for this week’s contest. Post referring to last week’s contest will be moved to the correct thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

Winner: Xander
    2nd place: Finau
    Sleeper: English

• Baysman

@whodat2 said...

With the assumed lack of scoring for a US Open, remember…. a good 4/6 will beat a bad 6/6 all day long.

You’re right, but a 4/6 won’t win you…….

• manoffewwords

@whodat2 said...

Well MTDurham was probably responsible for 50% of the posts, either through his own posts or provoking arguments lol. Or maybe people just get tired of losing money after awhile.

This year probably 15-20 posters make up a vast majority. Without them,we would be on like page 7.

• klyon28

Us open app crashes 2 seconds after opening. Been doing it the last 2 days for me. Awesome. Anyone else having this problem? No idea how I’m gonna watch if they don’t fix this crap.

• whodat2

Last US Open at Harding Park in San Fran, we were talking about the marine layer. Well, it has moved it’s way down the coast to La Jolla.

• Getty33

@Felixxberg said...

Alright, settled for English over Higgo!

Not saying it will carry over but after watching his pitiful collapse under pressure last week I won’t even consider him right now

• Wander_Bread

@mogan11 said...

I’ve said it a million times, but I hate California late starts.

Winner: JT
    Fade: brooksy (both of them)
    Sleeper: don’t have one

It sure is nice come Sunday evening though or if you want to get an early morning round in on the weekend!

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

Can we get this started already?!!! I have no tinkering to do and don’t care to enter any more contests/sattys.

• voodooman

I think the tougher cut rules aside from this tournament which are REALLY TOUGH have soured some people on golf DFS.

I cetainly play less due to this.

• Wander_Bread

@klyon28 said...

Us open app crashes 2 seconds after opening. Been doing it the last 2 days for me. Awesome. Anyone else having this problem? No idea how I’m gonna watch if they don’t fix this crap.

If you want to watch this morning you need the Peacock app

• kdsdawg

any ownership ideas on Hatton, Fitz and Poulter?

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

@voodooman said...

I think the tougher cut rules aside from this tournament which are REALLY TOUGH have soured some people on golf DFS.

I cetainly play less due to this.

It has amazed me how many guys I always have right on the line! I knew it would be a a difference, just not this dramatic.

• JIB7

Have Woodland/Palmer but thinking of tinkering to Hoffman/Homa.

• voodooman

You wouldnt think going from 70 plus ties to 65 plus ties (60 this week) would make a difference.

The difference is huuuugggeee.

Almost every weekend before this cut change I had a few 6/6s to cheer on over the weekend.

Not amymore…..

The only reason I am even playing/on here this week is due to a smallish win last weekend.

Otherwise this week between West Coast, smallest cut size, large field….I would not be on here, either. Lol

• Steverino01

Remember the 11th commandment…

Thou Shalt Not Tinker

• IlliniTwig

@JimKronlund said...

I think its part of the evolution of statistical analysis of DFS golf in general. I think everyone, myself included (very early on), thought they had an edge by using thier own model. But over time I am sure people have found the variance factor to be too great to overcome and grew tired fast of losing a lot of money over the long haul. Without a big hit, over time. There is only one outcome.

This is so true. I continue to plug away using my model even though the results week after week show that it is basically meaningless. Sometimes it is useful in finding a diamond in the rough but I don’t think the time I spend on it makes it worth it. I’m pretty sure using the Vegas odds along with ownership game theory would be +EV

• tristanwolf

@Wander_Bread said...

It sure is nice come Sunday evening though or if you want to get an early morning round in on the weekend!

i love it! don’t have to be up at 6:30 searching for wd’s and get to watch a little prime time golf after work this evening.

• tristanwolf

fog delay. times pushed back 15 minutes.

• voodooman

So true @ JimKronlund!!

• whodat2

Looks’ like times have been pushed back by 15 minutes.

• benstnick

Switch Kokrak out for Harman based on ownership. I’m sure that’ll work out well by Friday

• bfwl3434

I hate west coast majors. Give me 7am golf on the east coast.

• naj1073

Nothing worse than waking up and being able to tink your line still!

• jeffgo33

June Gloom, friends. Second day in a row here in SD with a heavy morning marine layer. Does reduce the overall temperature for the day the longer it holds together.

• mitchsnyderdfw

@whodat2 said...

Looks’ like times have been pushed back by 15 minutes.

Add another 15, now 30 minutes.

Looks pretty soupy out there.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).