PGA FORUM

Comments

• whodat2

When: Jun 17-20

Where: San Diego, CA

Course: Torrey Pines (South) A Par 71 at up to 7698 yards

Last Year’s Winner: Bryson DeChambeau at -6

Last Year’s Cut: +6 TOP 60 plus ties.

Coverage: Golf Channel | NBC | Peacock, Streaming: USOpen.com plus other apps

RG Golf Forum League

Happy Meal 2020 Standings

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – Golf strategy talk for this week’s contest. Post referring to last week’s contest will be moved to the correct thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• MrBreeze

Added to DK

Cole Hammer – $6400
    Zach Sucher – $6300
    Pierceson Cody – $6200
    Roy Cootes – $6000

• kbarnhill7523

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

• x2

2017 FanDuel WFBBC Finalist

Why is Xander so cheap?

I really don’t want to play him but it feels like such a gimme.

Only real cases against is he missed at both the PGA and the PLAYERS.

• seangeezy

@kbarnhill7523 said...

In “General”, on the first screen when you select the Optimizer in the top left corner there should be two fields called “Min Salary Cap%” and “Max Salary Cap “. Default is 99/100%. So that will get you ones that are 49500 – 50000. If you want it down to $45k make the Min % 89% that will make it a little less than $45k.

You can also force the percentages when building lineups and make the max like 95% etc to get more lineups in the exact range you are looking for.

This is what I tried to do but it still kept giving me lineups very close to the maximum I set because the more expensive players are, in general, projected for more points. If I put min at 89% and build 100 lineups it gives me all lineups above $49400.

• kbarnhill7523

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

• x2

2017 FanDuel WFBBC Finalist

@seangeezy said...

This is what I tried to do but it still kept giving me lineups very close to the maximum I set because the more expensive players are, in general, projected for more points. If I put min at 89% and build 100 lineups it gives me all lineups above $49400.

move your Max% down. make it like 92-95%.

• MrBreeze

3121/5000 in the Mayo

All links found here at the podcast page

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/2021-us-open-picks-bets-predictions-one-and-done/id593007235?i=1000525458025

• golgi

Should I be concerned that Charley Hoffman met more metrics than any other player for this week?

• MrBreeze

@golgi said...

Should I be concerned that Charley Hoffman met more metrics than any other player for this week?

I think you have to filter out some of the noise, consider some of the courses the tour has been at over the last 8 weeks, strength of field etc.. Going by raw stats, you will get some guys that look better than they will be at a US Open. I will be looking at Charley, but found that this applied to him a few times in the past.

• golgi

@MrBreeze said...

I think you have to filter out some of the noise, consider some of the courses the tour has been at over the last 8 weeks, strength of field etc.. Going by raw stats, you will get some guys that look better than they will be at a US Open. I will be looking at Charley, but found that this applied to him a few times in the past.

I would agree completely. The recent courses I’m looking at and ones I feel match Torrey would be Muirfield (long narrow fairways/long rough/same green grass) and Quail Hollow.

• depalma13

Nice hole by hole tour of Torrey Pines South

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/torrey-pines-south-video

• Steverino01

Got 5 tickets to the milly, so 5 lineups it is. Not going to enter them all at once because of another week of promotions.

Countdown To Golf’s Third Major
    June 14 – 20 • SOC
    Get a new bonus every day during Golf’s Third Major

Monday:

Enter a lineup in the $2.5M Fantasy Golf Millionaire today.
    If Bryson DeChambeau hits the longest drive of the tournament, you get a $3 contest ticket.

One ticket entered, 4 more to go.

• mitchsnyderdfw

@golgi said...

I would agree completely. The recent courses I’m looking at and ones I feel match Torrey would be Muirfield (long narrow fairways/long rough/same green grass) and Quail Hollow.

I would add Riviera to that list as well.

• golgi

@mookie336 said...

How many players(approximately) do you guys have in your player pool for 20 max at majors? How about non-majors?

I just finished my pool and have 31 this week. That is across 60 lineups. Might be a tad too heavy. I’m usually between 25 and 35 each week.

• timusbr

@seangeezy said...

My 2 cents worth from a non optimizer person.

An Optimizer is just that, gives you the best LU’s possible….by definition they are saying the best is the highest priced players ( I dont disagree with that on principal but it doesnt help you do what your trying to do )

Using someones programming makes it easier to make LU’s but that is also using someone elses definition of the variable. Good Luck with that, I see editing in your future.

• winnerchickendinner

Predictions
    Winner-Rahm or Schauffele(Home Course for Xander usually excellent at Majors and even with a shoddy history here the T2 may give him confidence to do well again with so many times playing the course)
    Nearly Fade- Conners And Ancer
    Sleeper Winner and First Major Win- Casey Or Oosthuiezen (Rahm/Schauffele)
    Keeps it Rolling – Hoffman,Burns,Streelman

• mitchsnyderdfw

@winnerchickendinner said...

Nearly Fade- Conners And Ancer

Ancer scores really well in the model, but he hasn’t played here much and when he did it was not good. He’s quickly becoming a fade for me.

• Mccurds13

Feel like Rahm either comes out super motivated and top 5s this or isn’t in the right mental state and has an early weekend. Him and Bryson are the only people I have any interest in that 10k and up range though.

• depalma13

Father’s Day weekend.

Don’t overthink it.

• nicholasmarsh

@Mccurds13 said...

Feel like Rahm either comes out super motivated and top 5s this or isn’t in the right mental state and has an early weekend. Him and Bryson are the only people I have any interest in that 10k and up range though.

Hahaha… Fool me once…

• Lamms30

Winner-Schauffele over Reed
    Fade- Anyone over $9300 on DK
    Others – Simpson. Zalatoris, Berger
    Sleeper Winner – Casey, Ancer
    Lower Options – Lowry, Homa, Young, Kim

• Mccurds13

@nicholasmarsh said...

Hahaha… Fool me once…

I just have zero interest in playing Brooks. If he burns me, whatever. Bryson is the champ until proven otherwise, if I’m putting money on one, that’s where it’d be. Don’t think I’ll be over 20% on Bryson either though, FWIW.

• timusbr

The $1 Happy Meal is 150 entries pays out to the top 15
    Its a Major…. Cup points are doubled.
    https://www.draftkings.com/draft/contest/109441229

• jcotdl

watched the early Pat Mayo youtube- is it a real possibility that Bryson and Brooks get paired? that would be awesome and literally change my plans for thurs and fri lol..

• mitchsnyderdfw

@jcotdl said...

watched the early Pat Mayo youtube- is it a real possibility that Bryson and Brooks get paired? that would be awesome and literally change my plans for thurs and fri lol..

Don’t they usually pair the last three winners together?

That would be Brooks, Woodland, Bryson.

I’d be shocked if that is not a group. NBC has to have some pull with the massive contract they picked up from FOX.

• Getty33

@mitchsnyderdfw said...

Ancer scores really well in the model, but he hasn’t played here much and when he did it was not good. He’s quickly becoming a fade for me.

I have more faith in that guy than anyone else on tour to give his best effort. He continues to be criminally under priced. Do as you see fit, but I’m a buyer at 7900.

• golgi

@Getty33 said...

I have more faith in that guy than anyone else on tour to give his best effort. He continues to be criminally under priced. Do as you see fit, but I’m a buyer at 7900.

He’s in my core for the same reasons.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).