PGA FORUM

Comments

• whodat2

When: Jun 17-20

Where: San Diego, CA

Course: Torrey Pines (South) A Par 71 at up to 7698 yards

Last Year’s Winner: Bryson DeChambeau at -6

Last Year’s Cut: +6 TOP 60 plus ties.

Coverage: Golf Channel | NBC | Peacock, Streaming: USOpen.com plus other apps

RG Golf Forum League

Happy Meal 2020 Standings

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – Golf strategy talk for this week’s contest. Post referring to last week’s contest will be moved to the correct thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Getty33

@byo34 said...

Heard a few players before the week say if they can get through 10, 11 and 12 at even par, they like their chances..

I can see why now!

Yesterday the par 3 11th played 73 over par, the hardest hole on the course.

• byo34

Very early, but right now the back 9 is already playing 2 full strokes harder than the front.

By very early I mean about 4 holes in.. what a difference.

• HunkerToe

The US Open sucks. Easily the worst of the 4 majors. I’d take a birdie fest over this shit show 100 times out of 100.

I think of it like this – Imagine if the NFL allowed 13 defenders on the field for one game a year. It would be such garbage watching offenses be able to do absolutely nothing outside of some fluky plays (golf comparison – a luckbox holeout). That’s what the USGA does for one tournament a year. Such a boring slog.

I guess if you’re a masochist it’s pretty exciting.

• klyon28

@JH822547 said...

Which experts recommended Justin Rose exactly?

I dare say a few said he might be a low owned flyer but absolute no one said he was a rock solid core play.

It’s not even mainly about him. It’s every week I’ll use a few guys based off articles I read and they are never right. Multiple sites I use said Rose “Checked all the boxes this week”. But also Vegas was another this week. Almost every site recommended him. He sucked round 1. I’m just frustrated. I’m in a losing streak and it seems I can’t get anything right. Last year I was making such good money on dfs golf and this year I can’t do a thing. It’s frustrating. I’m just gonna start putting guys in a randomizer and picking my team that way

• byo34

Rory nearly holes out on 12

• JIB7

Casey bogey streak to now make it a sweat the rest of the day.

• Wander_Bread

Casey officially making me cringe

• jsw3ent

@HunkerToe said...

The US Open sucks. Easily the worst of the 4 majors. I’d take a birdie fest over this shit show 100 times out of 100.

I think of it like this – Imagine if the NFL allowed 13 defenders on the field for one game a year. It would be such garbage watching offenses be able to do absolutely nothing outside of some fluky plays (golf comparison – a luckbox holeout). That’s what the USGA does for one tournament a year. Such a boring slog.

Different strokes——but IMO this is FAR more enjoyable than watching a BORING birdie fest—-I love the difficult courses

• whodat2

Grace Hole out eagle. A ton of those so far and my six hasn’t sniffed one of them.

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

@jsw3ent said...

Different strokes——but IMO this is FAR more enjoyable than watching a BORING birdie fest—-I love the difficult courses

I’ll echo this but heard somebody say earlier they are sick of Torrey (for a Major at least) and so am I. I haven’t watched enough this week to know if it’s just “difficult” or unfair. I think it’s just “difficult” looking at the leaderboard. Not enough of taking what’s given to them.

But I will admit to the USGA being dicks quite often with course setups.

• JIB7

@JIB7 said...

Casey bogey streak to now make it a sweat the rest of the day.

Looks like a dart for a bounce-back birdie.

• Wander_Bread

@JIB7 said...

Looks like a dart for a bounce-back birdie.

Love that. Love the Grace hole out eagle too. Only way he can have a hole that is under par since he is losing so many strokes putting

• JH822547

Bobby Mac with an ugly three putt for his bogey streak.

Will crush me if he misses the cut.

• jeffgo33

Wow, Hideki, not good.

• Wander_Bread

I actually thoroughly enjoy the US Open for this reason.. the swings and no one is ever safe. Fun to switch it up once per year

• kdsdawg

@Vanderob14 said...

V happy to stand corrected so far.

I jinxed him, sorry

• jcotdl

@HunkerToe said...

Imagine if the NFL allowed 13 defenders on the field

Pretty sure Bill Belichik has wet dreams about this

Looks like CHAN wasn’t mispriced at all.. fn guy, crippled so many lines. And my other 5 guys are doing well, have two top 500s right now with this fn bum. Shoulda went D. Wu instead. I would be leading. Sick to stomach.

• mitchsnyderdfw

Spieth making a run, will probably limp into the cut, then back door a Top 10

• Baysman

Wyndham Clark was not a good pick. Lol.

• RudyPujols

@HunkerToe said...

I don’t disagree. I’m contemplating just throwing $100 on this old Bland character at 50:1 and not watching again unless he happens to still be in the mix on Sunday.

I mean, Casey and Hideki and all these fools are going to absolute hell and yet Data Golf (which I’m fairly sure is just a 1990s computer lab full of monkeys with a Michelle Wie poster on the wall) says +3 is firming up and +4 is looking more remote.

Now Montgomery and MacIntyre fold. Not good. So tilted about this Kim/Wu. Shoulda just played a dupe – one with Wu.

• byo34

@JH822547 said...

Bobby Mac with an ugly three putt for his bogey streak.

Will crush me if he misses the cut.

He finally makes a putt! 16 feet for par. Hoping that gives him some more confidence on the greens, his biggest problem so far.

• ifthethunder

@JH822547 said...

Which experts recommended Justin Rose exactly?

I dare say a few said he might be a low owned flyer but absolute no one said he was a rock solid core play.

I had both him and Scott in my player pool because of C.H. and some decent recent results. This is obviously not working out for me this tournament.
    ~

• Steverino01

I don’t need Rose losing any more points. I wish he would fall of a cliff so that he would have to WD.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).