PGA FORUM

• whodat2

When: Jun 17-20

Where: San Diego, CA

Course: Torrey Pines (South) A Par 71 at up to 7698 yards

Last Year’s Winner: Bryson DeChambeau at -6

Last Year’s Cut: +6 TOP 60 plus ties.

Coverage: Golf Channel | NBC | Peacock, Streaming: USOpen.com plus other apps

RG Golf Forum League

Happy Meal 2020 Standings

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – Golf strategy talk for this week’s contest. Post referring to last week’s contest will be moved to the correct thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• kdsdawg

@RudyPujols said...

says +3 is firming up and +4 is looking more remote.

so stupid considering poa annua just gets tougher in the afternoon, they have no idea, also yesterday the afternoon guys shot worse on average

• hbomb57

Joe Highsmith amateur having the round of the morning so far -4 thru 7. Pretty impressive after a 76 yesterday. Edit: Sorry Joe – 3 now.

• Wander_Bread

Just sharing my bets as well for the tournament. 2-0 day for the round 1 matchups.

Round 2 (3-way lines)
    Morikawa +110 ov JT
    Laird +110 ov Fritelli

• zeeshan2

Casey with a nice bounceback so far

• Getty33

@HunkerToe said...

The US Open sucks. Easily the worst of the 4 majors. I’d take a birdie fest over this shit show 100 times out of 100.

I think of it like this – Imagine if the NFL allowed 13 defenders on the field for one game a year. It would be such garbage watching offenses be able to do absolutely nothing outside of some fluky plays (golf comparison – a luckbox holeout). That’s what the USGA does for one tournament a year. Such a boring slog.

I guess if you’re a masochist it’s pretty exciting.

What it desperately lacks are the risk/reward holes where you can gamble to make birdie or eagle but also make double if you miss the right spot. There just aren’t enough holes that can reward aggressive lines which indeed makes it seem a bit dull and repetitive.

• Wander_Bread

@zeeshan2 said...

Did he just save par from 14 feet on 7?

Edit: never mind he didn’t. Assumed he did since it was weird timing otherwise by OP. He’s back to +3

• jsw3ent

@jcotdl said...

Pretty sure Bill Belichik has wet dreams about this

Pretty sure he has tried it …to get away with it

• Wander_Bread

Cut doesn’t seem to be dropping too quickly today but I could be wrong. I don’t see it going past +4

• Baysman

Rory giveth, Rory taketh

• zeeshan2

@Wander_Bread said...

Did he just save par from 14 feet on 7?

Edit: never mind he didn’t. Assumed he did since it was weird timing otherwise by OP. He’s back to +3

lol he was at +1 when I posted that

• cplatt87

Don’t even know what to root for as a cutline. Seems likely to be either +3 or +4, but with the course playing much harder today I wouldn’t be surprised if it got to +5 or +6 either.

Really the only guy I’m currently sweating is Higgo, but I have a few afternoon guys that are in that +3/+4 range already too.

• RudyPujols

@zeeshan2 said...

C’mon Zeeshan! You know how this works. Post something positive on here, and bam a bogey or worse smacks you in the face. It’s an immutable law of physics!

• RudyPujols

@Wander_Bread said...

Cut doesn’t seem to be dropping too quickly today but I could be wrong. I don’t see it going past +4

I agree, +5 is highly remote and +4 will be a long, slow road that might not even arrive if the wind just lays down and does absolutely nothing like last evening.

• Baysman

EVR needs to go home and practice his t shots. It’s absolutely atrocious

• Wander_Bread

@866 said...

Looks like CHAN wasn’t mispriced at all.. fn guy, crippled so many lines. And my other 5 guys are doing well, have two top 500s right now with this fn bum. Shoulda went D. Wu instead. I would be leading. Sick to stomach.

You can’t be that upset. He was priced $6,100 for a reason.

• Wander_Bread

@zeeshan2 said...

lol he was at +1 when I posted that

Nah he never got back to +1. He was +2 and 2 over on the day when you posted it with a 14 footer for par upcoming lol

I am upset. 6100 doesn’t mean automatically play as garbage. My lineups are shot.

• zeeshan2

@Wander_Bread said...

Nah he never got back to +1. He was +2 and 2 over on the day when you posted it with a 14 footer for par upcoming lol

really? thought he was at +3, got two birds, and then imploded again. DK had him at +1 when I posted

• Getty33

@hautalak said...

I’ll echo this but heard somebody say earlier they are sick of Torrey (for a Major at least) and so am I. I haven’t watched enough this week to know if it’s just “difficult” or unfair. I think it’s just “difficult” looking at the leaderboard. Not enough of taking what’s given to them.

But I will admit to the USGA being dicks quite often with course setups.

Visually it’s not a very attractive layout despite it’s reputation. And this California “crowd” seems to be more interested in transcendental meditation than golf. I miss the rowdy rednecks down South or the obnoxious blue collar city boys of the North.

• Vanderob14

Not sure what’s gotten into Louie on these last few approach shots.

• hbomb57

@Getty33 said...

And this California “crowd” seems to be more interested in transcendental meditation than golf. I miss the rowdy rednecks down South or the obnoxious blue collar city boys of the North.

This would make a good song though I think the Beach Boys would not be the right group to do it.

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

@Getty33 said...

I miss the rowdy rednecks down South or the obnoxious blue collar city boys of the North.

Yeah not all crowds are created equal. I really kind of hate this leaderboard but at least it’s only Friday.

Have a long day of “anti-sweating” Webb since I already have him as out and he’s in far too many of my lines. Bring on the Open!!!

• Wander_Bread

@zeeshan2 said...

really? thought he was at +3, got two birds, and then imploded again. DK had him at +1 when I posted

DK must have been wrong then. He had 3 straight bogies then made one birdie then gave it back 2 holes later.

He needs to make something happen here because you know there is at least another 2 bogies out there coming in on this course.

• Wander_Bread

@866 said...

I am upset. 6100 doesn’t mean automatically play as garbage. My lineups are shot.

I agree, but you at least know going in that you are taking a massive risk. I understand being upset.

• Wander_Bread

The amount of commercials seems excessive this entire tournament so far.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).