PGA FORUM

Comments

• whodat2

When: Jun 17-20

Where: San Diego, CA

Course: Torrey Pines (South) A Par 71 at up to 7698 yards

Last Year’s Winner: Bryson DeChambeau at -6

Last Year’s Cut: +6 TOP 60 plus ties.

Coverage: Golf Channel | NBC | Peacock, Streaming: USOpen.com plus other apps

RG Golf Forum League

Happy Meal 2020 Standings

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – Golf strategy talk for this week’s contest. Post referring to last week’s contest will be moved to the correct thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• noddy

Anyone know the 6/6 percentages?

• JimKronlund

First 4 golfers.
    Akshay Bhatia thru 2 +1
    Si Woo Kim thru 1 +1
    Jimmy Walker thru 1 +2
    Kevin Kisner thru 1 +1

• Vanderob14

Am I doing something incorrect or is peacock showing an instruction video for Bryson vs say, actual golf.

• Giez

I have cashed and finished ahead twice this year on 4/6. So I am hopeful my 5 guys on DK can finish well, even 1,2,3,4,5 !

• timusbr

@kdsdawg said...

They have the best in tournament stats inside the players box.

but can you download and update 156 golfers stats? They dont even provide the info to stat providers, because no site I have used in the past has got anything.

I will say one thing good about the USGA website, they update players on holes very fast.

• BIF

@timusbr said...

Anyone see Mackenzie Hughes take a shot today? I didnt even know he made the cut, let alone T7

You must have been watching different coverage than me – they made a big deal about Hughes’ start as he birdied 3 of the toughest holes (10-11-12) to start the round with a bomb on 10 and then a chip in from way right on 11 and another good length putt on 12. Then I probably saw him on another 3-4 holes for sure – they didn’t show him much in the middle of his round but then picked up coverage with him later with a few holes left.

• BIF

@hautalak said...

BIF I think it’s just I’ve appreciated some of the other venues they’ve played the US Open at lately minus Erin Hills. I know the setup is completely different, but it still feels less “Majory”. The pandemic could be a little responsible for that as well.

Yah agree and like I said before, Torrey is not my favorite US Open course but I think the setup so far has been good and many of the top players are still in it.

• JH822547

Casey is the sort of guy who will come up with his best US Open finish after scraping through the cut.

• HunkerToe

@BIF said...

I don’t get all the forum hate for the US Open this week and the US Open in general. I get that Torrey is not the most exciting layout but most US Open layouts are like that besides the Chambers Bay experiment and maybe Pebble. Winged Foot, Merion and Shinnecock are not really any more exciting – at least Torrey has some nice West Coast scenery.

The golf course was a little soft on Thursday thanks to the fog/marine layer but it has been firming up nicely over the past 36 hours and will be faster/firmer on the weekend which is what this test is annually about. It still feels like a US Open to me and there are a lot of the bigger names sitting in the Top 20 along with the usual handful of surprises still near the top on Friday night.

Seriously though, the scores are in a reasonable range and hopefully it will be a fun weekend. Just because its not my favorite doesn’t mean I won’t enjoy it, I just prefer many other tournaments instead.

I will agree with many others that the coverage has been ass.

• HunkerToe

@JH822547 said...

Casey is the sort of guy who will come up with his best US Open finish after scraping through the cut.

My showdown lineups hope you’re correct

• lfn1992

@JH822547 said...

You misspelled “Ian Poulter”

• Vanderob14

Cmon Matt. Guy has been very poor by his standards on the green this week.

• JimKronlund

@lfn1992 said...

You misspelled “Ian Poulter”

I have never seen “Jordan Spieth” spelled that way before.

• benstnick

Fitzpatrick playing clown golf today. Might be teeing off first tomorrow

• Vanderob14

@benstnick said...

Fitzpatrick playing clown golf today. Might be teeing off first tomorrow

Brutal. Nothing more predictable than Paul Casey scoring after making the cut on the number

• BIF

@JH822547 said...

He has hit his irons as good as I’ve ever seen him hit them – today as well, he flagged it all front nine and while -4 is great, he missed short ones for birdie on 1 and 3

He could be right up with the leaders if he made some putts the last 2 days

• JimKronlund

Casey and Spieth’s front 9 took me from 80th in the Happy Meal to 8th.

• depalma13

Harman’s triple bogey just sent me tumbling. Ugh!

• BIF

Solid 4-putt from 5 feet by Harman #TripleBogey

• ElSlappo

This NBC broadcast is about 65% fluff / interviews, 25% commercials, and 10% actual golf shots. Love it.

• Baysman

I don’t know how many putts Niemann has missed from inside 8 feet.

• Gtzerphy

Alfred E. Niemann

• Baysman

Lol wtf is Niemann doing on these putts?? Now a 3 putter from 14 feet. He’s brutal.

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

As much as I’ve hated on Bryson that was a cool slo mo shot of Bryson driving. Also looks like the leaders might have a chance to stay intact. Better day than I expected to watch today with the dust settled.

• BIF

This is turning into much watch TV as we have a real chance at getting a Brooks-Bryson final round pairing – fingers crossed !!

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).