PGA FORUM

Comments

• whodat2

When: Jun 17-20

Where: San Diego, CA

Course: Torrey Pines (South) A Par 71 at up to 7698 yards

Last Year’s Winner: Bryson DeChambeau at -6

Last Year’s Cut: +6 TOP 60 plus ties.

Coverage: Golf Channel | NBC | Peacock, Streaming: USOpen.com plus other apps

RG Golf Forum League

Happy Meal 2020 Standings

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – Golf strategy talk for this week’s contest. Post referring to last week’s contest will be moved to the correct thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• nicholasmarsh

@JimKronlund said...

Glad to see no Bully/Bryson pairing. Its still possible to me that it is all orchestrated for pip money.

It does seem a bit contrived…

• timusbr

I had fun this week making my LU’s. Started out with 3 dif cores to make 20 LU’s.

added to that a 20 LU core cascade with 5 guys leaving 6800

didn’t like going Zalatoris on that core, so duped the core 5 substituting Zalatoris for Hatton, leaving 7100.

So 60 LU’s with 4 guys 60-80% and 24 guys in 3 or less LU’s and 15 guys in 4 to 22 LU’s. Still tinkering!!!

• JimKronlund

I want to pick Rahm as one of my 100%. When he is hitting on all cylinders he usually stays that way for a while.
    But that salary…

• mh8235

I wish so badly DK would offer AM ONLY Round1&2 Showdown contests for Majors especially with the US Open field as large as it is.

I know they don’t want to take away entries from filling the full slate showdown, but that never has issues filling anyways.

• naj1073

I’m loving me some Hidecki/Burns action.

• RudyPujols

@JimKronlund said...

Its still possible to me that it is all orchestrated for pip money.

I wonder if bad press can reduce one’s PIP money? Or does the Kardashian model of all publicity is good publicity apply to the PGA, too?

• JimKronlund

@RudyPujols said...

I wonder if bad press can reduce one’s PIP money? Or does the Kardashian model of all publicity is good publicity apply to the PGA, too?

Good question. Maybe they did not expect it to be viewed as negative as it did?

• mitchsnyderdfw

@kdsdawg said...

He has 8 top tens including 8th at the PGA and 10th at the Masters.

Those courses don’t have any rough and he tends to spray the ball a lot.

• mitchsnyderdfw

Neither Bryson nor Rahm is in a featured group? What is going on here?

https://twitter.com/PGATOUR/status/1404827338248970245

• ifthethunder

@kdsdawg said...

and what do you mean he has not been great this year.

I mean I haven’t lost any contests just because I didn’t pay up for Finau, that’s all. It’s a DFS-focused thought. But I will have to play him this week because of his course history.
    ~

• timusbr

@RudyPujols said...

If you are Brooks, You would say its good for the game. If some of your fan base thinks like the Happy Gilmore crowd, You offer them beer. When it starts to backfire on Shooter Mcgavin. Mr Larson will step up to protect Bryson. IMHO Brooks has no idea what he is into. One day someone might just say….Hey Thats Brysons jacket.

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

@timusbr said...

One day someone might just say….Hey Thats Brysons jacket.

Interesting take, as I have them the opposite way in this scenario… Brooks = Happy & Bryson = Shooter. Ah regardless wasn’t really expecting the USGA to embrace this. I’m sure we’ll get a “headline” for something other than the golfing at some point this week.

Just diving in but I’m thinking English will be somebody I’m high on. Kind of feels like he might get “chalky” there but Leishman is right near him.

• timusbr

@timusbr said...

The $1 Happy Meal is 150 entries pays out to the top 15
    Its a Major…. Cup points are doubled.
    https://www.draftkings.com/draft/contest/109441229

102/150

https://www.draftkings.com/draft/contest/109441229

• RudyPujols

@hautalak said...

Interesting take, as I have them the opposite way in this scenario… Brooks = Happy & Bryson = Shooter

They both are probably more like Shooter than Happy, but I will give the nod to Bryson based on freakish length and unconventional methods.

Don’t care for either, but I loved the Brooks eye roll/stare down simply because it reminded me of one of the greatest in the history of film: Walter Sobjak to Jesus Quintana

• jv21

• Ranked #92

RG Tiered Ranking

Splitting my 20 max entrees in half. Making only 10 lineups this week cause of the milly maker. You have to throw any lineup you make into that contest even if it’s like a <1% chance.

Do y’all feel this is a good course for a high variance winner like Phil winning at 1 % ownership or one that you can win with good game theory (using ownership, not using full salary cap, total lineup ownership)?

I am thinking of fading any highly touted golfer.

• JimKronlund

@jv21 said...

Splitting my 20 max entrees in half. Making only 10 lineups this week cause of the milly maker. You have to throw any lineup you make into that contest even if it’s like a <1% chance.

Do y’all feel this is a good course for a high variance winner like Phil winning at 1 % ownership or one that you can win with good game theory (using ownership, not using full salary cap, total lineup ownership)?

I am thinking of fading any highly touted golfer.

I have always preferred the Keno approach.

• nicholasmarsh

@RudyPujols said...

Jesus Quintana

• winnerchickendinner

Caution on the ballstriking short hitters like conners,Morikawa,Ancer just as some of these longer par fours are even longer in the 450-500 range with one over 500. Although keeping it in the fairway is perferred some of the longer hitters could be able to hit the green if they hit the first cut.

Also a part of me wants to play 100% C.Kim. Had six Double bogeys compared to seven bogeys at the PGA. Wouldve for sure contended if not for that. Although no poa splits for him. But those savings woop woop

• hautalak

• x2

@RudyPujols said...

Walter Sobjak to Jesus Quintana

My Yahoo name is ImtheDude so very fitting for me! Shut the f*** up Donnie.

• depalma13

@Getty33 said...

He finished 2nd despite hitting just under 40% of the fairways. I don’t think you’ll get away with that again after the USGA makes the rough here a true penalty rather than an inconvenience.

I don’t believe the rough punishes a guy like Finau nearly as much as the USGA hopes. He’s so far down the fairway the greens are still very gettable with an 8 or 7 iron vs the field who are 30 or 40 yards shorter and can’t reach the greens in two.

• timusbr

Tuesday Afternoon, Salaries were out days before normal. I am done with my LU’s and looking at contests.

This thread is on page 4 (just barely), Happy Meal is in danger of not playing, Lots of contests look to be on overlay watch, specificly the milly’s. Its hell trying to play snake draft, Nobody is entering any contests. ( I am waiting hours and hours to fill and so far just 1 3 player snake is done)

Now it could be its too early to say this. The event is in California with a late Thursday start. but it seems to me that the popularity here….this week…is not there.

• cplatt87

Agreed that it seems like a quiet week for a major. I clicked in my 6 golfers on Monday morning and likely won’t change them.

• hautalak

• x2

I hate that I’m saying this and might change my tune, but I think part of it is because it’s at Torrey Pines. We love the course and it will be set up differently but it kind of feels like a “been there done that” thing. Maybe that’s just me.

I’m patiently waiting for the Open!!!

• BIF

@nicholasmarsh said...

It does seem a bit contrived…

There are bits and pieces for sure where you ask yourself “is this real” but we have to remember that all this really started a couple years ago (way before the PIP) and started with Bryson saying “no abs” in reference to Brooks’ Sports Illustrated photos.

• mogan11

@BIF said...

There are bits and pieces for sure where you ask yourself “is this real” but we have to remember that all this really started a couple years ago (way before the PIP) and started with Bryson saying “no abs” in reference to Brooks’ Sports Illustrated photos.

kisner was on a podcast a couple weeks ago, and when asked about it he said it wasn’t an act at all.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).