PGA FORUM

Comments

• whodat2

When: Jun 17-20

Where: San Diego, CA

Course: Torrey Pines (South) A Par 71 at up to 7698 yards

Last Year’s Winner: Bryson DeChambeau at -6

Last Year’s Cut: +6 TOP 60 plus ties.

Coverage: Golf Channel | NBC | Peacock, Streaming: USOpen.com plus other apps

RG Golf Forum League

Happy Meal 2020 Standings

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – Golf strategy talk for this week’s contest. Post referring to last week’s contest will be moved to the correct thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

Is Higgo the real deal? He’s way underpriced based on his Vegas odds.

• voodooman

Think I am going to take the Core Approach (as mentioned a few pages back) this week and hope for the best.

Im more of a Diverse Lineup guy, but it is going to be extremely tough getting 6/6’s this week.

• nicholasmarsh

@mogan11 said...

kisner was on a podcast a couple weeks ago, and when asked about it he said it wasn’t an act at all.

HA! I like a real beef. We don’t get that in sports much these days. Seems like everyone is buddy-buddy. Well, maybe that’s only basketball, but no where close to what it used to be in all sports.

Anyway, it just felt like WWF, err WWE, to me. Even funnier is the fake beef between Dahmen and Homa on Twitter.

• nicholasmarsh

@Felixxberg said...

Higgo hard to ignore for me. I’ll have some…

• timusbr

@Felixxberg said...

IMHO No he is the same standard fair of the Euro tour Pro.
    Can get hot, Can be cold. Garrick’s splash on the scene comes just after he finished 1st in 2 Euro events in the Canary Islands in last 6-7 weeks followed by the PGA win @ Palmetto Champ.

To be honest about this….To win a professional event is not easy and takes talent. But Cmon those in the Canary Islands were not talent heavy. The Win at Congaree backed into his fortune. I would like Wallace/Macintyre/several others from Euro tour roots as better golfers.

• nicholasmarsh

@timusbr said...

IMHO No he is the same standard fair of the Euro tour Pro.
    Can get hot, Can be cold. Garrick’s splash on the scene comes just after he finished 1st in 2 Euro events in the Canary Islands in last 6-7 weeks followed by the PGA win @ Palmetto Champ.

To be honest about this….To win a professional event is not easy and takes talent. But Cmon those in the Canary Islands were not talent heavy. The Win at Congaree backed into his fortune. I would like Wallace/Macintyre/several others from Euro tour roots as better golfers.

Fair points

• jv21

• Ranked #73

RG Tiered Ranking

• timusbr

some good interviews today on golf channel. Rahm’s is so politically correct, I mean he said it all right. I want to go and make another 20 with him on top.

• kbarnhill7523

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

• x2

2017 FanDuel WFBBC Finalist

@winnerchickendinner said...

Caution on the ballstriking short hitters like conners,Morikawa,Ancer just as some of these longer par fours are even longer in the 450-500 range with one over 500. Although keeping it in the fairway is perferred some of the longer hitters could be able to hit the green if they hit the first cut.

Also a part of me wants to play 100% C.Kim. Had six Double bogeys compared to seven bogeys at the PGA. Wouldve for sure contended if not for that. Although no poa splits for him. But those savings woop woop

It’s the US Open though. You don’t need tons of birdies to win. You just need to avoid lots of bogies (and doubles).

Ancer is #2 in PGA this year in Bogey Avoidance and Morikawa and Conners are 25th and 27th respectively.

• voodooman

I was kind of liking Ancer due to his bogey avoidance even before kbarnhill just mentioned him.

Now I LOVE Ancer this week…lol

• Money0227

@Felixxberg said...

Is Higgo the real deal?

He just turned 22 years old and has 3 Euro Tour wins already. He won the 2nd PGA Tour event he’s ever played in (with the first event being a major).

Yes, he’s the real deal. Does this mean he’ll play well in his first US Open (the week after winning)? Maybe not, but we’ll see.

• kbarnhill7523

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

• x2

2017 FanDuel WFBBC Finalist

@voodooman said...

I was kind of liking Ancer due to his bogey avoidance even before kbarnhill just mentioned him.

Now I LOVE Ancer this week…lol

He’s also #2 in scrambling from the rough.

• voodooman

His driving accuracy is decent, too. Lots of reasons to like him this week :)

• mitchsnyderdfw

Ended up on 35 guys across 150 for the minimax. Only picked up six tickets for the Milly this week.

Heavy on Morikawa, Ancer, Cantlay, and Casey.

• timusbr

I get why people are avoiding the snake draft.

All the drafts are 3 round drafts.

If you liked teams of 6 golfers, you dont like it and if you wanted 3 round drafts, you wouldnt know they had it. It took 5 hr 6 min to fill a 12 entry $1 contest.

• BrianVT

100% Xander/Casey
    Fade Jordan, JT, Rory
    Sleeper Justin Suh

• Kingspark35

I miss BrianVD.

Still concentrating on getting a 6/6.

Still mad as a hatter.

Jings, I nearly forgot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbhuxWIxTgA

• madskillz84

Anyone like Fitz?

• Getty33

@BrianVT said...

100% Xander/Casey
    Fade Jordan, JT, Rory
    Sleeper Justin Suh

• kdsdawg

@mitchsnyderdfw said...

Those courses don’t have any rough and he tends to spray the ball a lot.

so the PGA Championship had no rough?
    Not as narrow as some but still plenty of trouble to be had

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

Thanks for all the answers about Higgo! I always like to find young talents before they get good. I remember when Schauffele was $7.3K, and then Niemann, Im, Hovland, Morikawa, Wolff, etc.

• mitchsnyderdfw

@BrianVT said...

100% Xander/Casey
    Fade Jordan, JT, Rory
    Sleeper Justin Suh

Knew you couldn’t sit out a major week.

Glad to see you back!

• depalma13

World Golf Rankings and the US Open from 2016 on.

The #1 ranked player has finished in the top 10 every year but 2017.

A player from the top 10 has finished either first or second every year.

Of the top 15 players at least 2 have finished in the top 10 every year.

Of the top 30 players at least 3 have finished in the top 5 every year.

Oddity: The #9, #13 and #29 ranked players have made the cut every year with the #9 and #13 players finishing in the top 5, three times each.

This year #9 Hatton, #13 Hovland, #29 Zalatoris.

• mitchsnyderdfw

@kdsdawg said...

so the PGA Championship had no rough?
    Not as narrow as some but still plenty of trouble to be had

That’s fair, sorry if I jumped all over you earlier.

He’s probably going to win after I faded him, I just don’t think he fits this week. Just my opinion

• whodat2

I’ve got beat the forum this week.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).