PGA FORUM

Comments

• whodat2

When: Jun 17-20

Where: San Diego, CA

Course: Torrey Pines (South) A Par 71 at up to 7698 yards

Last Year’s Winner: Bryson DeChambeau at -6

Last Year’s Cut: +6 TOP 60 plus ties.

Coverage: Golf Channel | NBC | Peacock, Streaming: USOpen.com plus other apps

RG Golf Forum League

Happy Meal 2020 Standings

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – Golf strategy talk for this week’s contest. Post referring to last week’s contest will be moved to the correct thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• winnerchickendinner

I see what you’re saying but part of bogey avoidance is putting. On the best comp course of Riviera with as you know kikuyu grass fairways and poa greens Ancer didn’t do so well hitting greens and not so well putting either. The greens should be faster too. Conners putting was atrocious losing 3 shots putting and missing the cut. Per fantasynational Morikawa gained 7.5 shots on approach. But lost 7.6 shots on putting!!!! No wonder he got T43. I see more 3 putts from them this week. I will have a bit of each though since they are such great ballstrikers. And they actually did do well on a long course at kiwah for the PGA

• factorial89

these cheaper guys i like-finau w.zalatoris burns kokrak oosthuizen and c.young.esp. the first two.

• hbomb57

For some of you Spieth fans this news may not bother you and it may bring down ownership…

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/golf/spieth-battles-sore-heel-at-us-open-after-major-improvement/ar-AAL4Ss5?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531

• Steverino01

Got to make that rough dark green, thick and tall, but lets not water the dried out fairways so that the long hitters will run through the fairway and into that tough rough.

https://twitter.com/AaronFlener/status/1404882904530882560

• RudyPujols

My cousin lives about a mile from Torrey Pines and just called me to say he saw Bryson at the Planet Fitness. By himself as far as he could tell. The workers didn’t know who he was but said they saw him swinging a golf club in the parking lot after his workout.

• BlueEdwards

Chan Kim chalk?

• mitchsnyderdfw

@winnerchickendinner said...

Per fantasynational Morikawa gained 7.5 shots on approach. But lost 7.6 shots on putting!!!!

That was before the claw grip, check his most recent putting stats and they are a lot better.

I’m a long time fader of Morikawa due to putting, but he has found something lately

• mitchsnyderdfw

@RudyPujols said...

My cousin lives about a mile from Torrey Pines and just called me to say he saw Bryson at the Planet Fitness. By himself as far as he could tell. The workers didn’t know who he was but said they saw him swinging a golf club in the parking lot after his workout.

This is the content we need on a Tuesday night.

• BIF

Top 5-10 owned golfers ??

• kbarnhill7523

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

• x2

2017 FanDuel WFBBC Finalist

@BIF said...

Xander, Rahm, Finau, Casey, Bryson, Lowry, Oosty, Kokrak, Morikawa

Interesting mix. I’m going to be:

Overweight: Xander, Finau, Morikawa
    Underweight: Rahm, Bryson, Lowry (will have zero)
    Undecided or close to field: Casey; Oosty, Kokrak

• mh8235

@BIF said...

Finau/Schauffele/Cantlay/Koepka/Hovland/Rahm I would assume to be surefire top 10 ownership…

Zalatoris/Ancer/Reed/Oosthuizen/Kokrak/DeChambeau/Hatton/Lowry I can see in the top5-top15 range

edit- guess I completely whiffed on my Paul Casey projections…will take kbarnhills word on that

• joetw

I’m trying to decide on 20 line-ups or 150. Is there much of a difference in the cash lines between the big public gpps and the smaller ones for majors?

• Straightfire118

@mh8235 said...

Finau/Schauffele/Cantlay/Koepka/Hovland/Rahm I would assume to be surefire top 10 ownership…

Zalatoris/Ancer/Reed/Oosthuizen/Kokrak/DeChambeau/Hatton/Lowry I can see in the top5-top15 range

edit- guess I completely whiffed on my Paul Casey projections…will take kbarnhills word on that

Your top ownership picks look spot on. Kbarnhill didn’t mention Hovland, Cantlay, Zalatoris which should be locks for heavy ownership.

• jv21

• Ranked #76

RG Tiered Ranking

Does anyone have/know of an article that discuss the math behind pga gpp contests? Looking at the contests from the last 2 months for 9 150 max contests , the winner of the tournament was owned <15% (9/9) and <10% (6/9), Total ownership is very low like an average of 65%. Is it because golf is high variance, is the public bad at picking golfers or both? I am new to golf and have to approach contest differently since I don’t know enough things like SG:APP or SG:OTT to correctly identify golfers and have to rely more on game theory.

• titanhawks

@whodat2 said...

I’ve got beat the forum this week.

I need a $62 H2H to make up for my lousy showing @ Jack’s Place lol

Just kidding; I’ll work on getting it back $5 at a time :)

BTW; several openings for Beat the Forum volunteers rest of the season

Find the BtF thread to see which weeks are available and reserve your spot today!

• whodat2

Need 39 more entries into the Happy Meal.

• BIF

@BIF said...

Thanks to those who replied – I usually have 7-8 of the top 10 figured out but always a couple surprises I missed and then a couple who I thought would be more popular than they are.

• pastabolicles

@BlueEdwards said...

Chan Kim chalk?

I don’t get the obsession on here with Kim. People talking about 100%.. etc.. Yeah, he’s 6100, yeah he’s 83rd OWGR.. Yeah he’s underpriced.. but he’s also playing on Japan, and if you look at his PGA results, they’re decent at best salary aside. He also missed the cut at the last U.S. Open.. and Brendan Steele is 6500, at 79 OWGR and doesn’t miss cuts.. Are you going 100% on him too? If “Chalk” means the 3-5% it takes to fill a leftover 6300-6000 spot, then sure.. Chalk.

What should his price be? mid to high 6k? Value doesn’t outweigh results, and he’s no lock.

• pastabolicles

@RudyPujols said...

You sure he didn’t mistake him for Oliver Smith?

• miggs6876

@timusbr said...

some good interviews today on golf channel. Rahm’s is so politically correct, I mean he said it all right. I want to go and make another 20 with him on top.

I really enjoyed that interview. Rham was sharp, concise, witty, down to earth, and very honest. It was quite refreshening and frankly a side I’ve never seen from him. Sure makes it easier for me to cheer for him.

• MrBreeze

The $100 Milly is only 40% full with about 24 hours to go, doubt it gets there.

• golgi

@pastabolicles said...

I don’t get the obsession on here with Kim. People talking about 100%.. etc.. Yeah, he’s 6100, yeah he’s 83rd OWGR.. Yeah he’s underpriced.. but he’s also playing on Japan, and if you look at his PGA results, they’re decent at best salary aside. He also missed the cut at the last U.S. Open.. and Brendan Steele is 6500, at 79 OWGR and doesn’t miss cuts.. Are you going 100% on him too? If “Chalk” means the 3-5% it takes to fill a leftover 6300-6000 spot, then sure.. Chalk.

What should his price be? mid to high 6k? Value doesn’t outweigh results, and he’s no lock.

• ifthethunder

@MrBreeze said...

The $100 Milly is only 40% full with about 24 hours to go, doubt it gets there.

Enter 3+ lineups into the $2.5M Fantasy Golf Millionaire before 8PM ET today.

If you enter 3+ lineups before 8PM ET, you get a $10 contest ticket.
    ———————————-

I guess that means 3 new entries, not counting the ones put in Monday and Tuesday?
    ~

• jss1218

I see these greens are bent with poa. Should I research how guys do on both surfaces or should I just treat it as all bent? Or just treat it as all poa?

Edit: Never mind. I see fantasy national treats these greens as poa. Thats what I will do too.

• zioncres

• 2020 DraftKings FBBWC Finalist

anyone playing the $4,444 one?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).