PGA FORUM

Comments

• whodat2

When: Jun 17-20

Where: San Diego, CA

Course: Torrey Pines (South) A Par 71 at up to 7698 yards

Last Year’s Winner: Bryson DeChambeau at -6

Last Year’s Cut: +6 TOP 60 plus ties.

Coverage: Golf Channel | NBC | Peacock, Streaming: USOpen.com plus other apps

RG Golf Forum League

Happy Meal 2020 Standings

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – Golf strategy talk for this week’s contest. Post referring to last week’s contest will be moved to the correct thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• kbarnhill7523

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

• x2

2017 FanDuel WFBBC Finalist

@zioncres said...

anyone playing the $4,444 one?

I looked at it, but the structure sucks. Not that the Milly contests are structured well to begin with. The Masters and PGA were much higher guarantees (but didn’t fill) so they keep shrinking it.

My favorite contest is the $44 with $50k to 1st. I’m also waiting for some kind of give back deal on any of the contests before entering. I’ll probably do 100 in the $100 and put all those same ones in the $10 too because the only thing better than spiking and winning a million would be spiking and winning TWO million. HA

• depalma13

@pastabolicles said...

I don’t get the obsession on here with Kim. People talking about 100%.. etc.. Yeah, he’s 6100, yeah he’s 83rd OWGR.. Yeah he’s underpriced.. but he’s also playing on Japan, and if you look at his PGA results, they’re decent at best salary aside. He also missed the cut at the last U.S. Open.. and Brendan Steele is 6500, at 79 OWGR and doesn’t miss cuts.. Are you going 100% on him too? If “Chalk” means the 3-5% it takes to fill a leftover 6300-6000 spot, then sure.. Chalk.

What should his price be? mid to high 6k? Value doesn’t outweigh results, and he’s no lock.

A guy who hits the ball 307 yards off the tee. His scrambling is 60.9%. Has two top 25’s in majors. Playing the best golf of his career. Has averaged over 70 DK fantasy points in his last three US starts and is only $6100.

He’s simple priced wrong and he opens up the ability to get another top player in your lineup.

• Dook11

Which duo is the “safer” play? Morikawa/Reed or Brooks/Hatton.

In a $100 buy in with 12 friends, winner takes all. 5/6 cut usually wins it.

• mgravity

I was watching the coverage of Bryson on the range his driver grip looks twice as big as a standard grip ? Anyone know anything about that.

• golgi

@ifthethunder said...

Enter 3+ lineups into the $2.5M Fantasy Golf Millionaire before 8PM ET today.

If you enter 3+ lineups before 8PM ET, you get a $10 contest ticket.
    ———————————-

I guess that means 3 new entries, not counting the ones put in Monday and Tuesday?
    ~

Can’t you just withdraw 3 of your entries and reenter them? It shouldn’t matter if you entered Monday or today, DK should give you the bonus.

• ifthethunder

@golgi said...

Can’t you just withdraw 3 of your entries and reenter them? It shouldn’t matter if you entered Monday or today, DK should give you the bonus.

Interesting idea!

Although, would withdrawing the previous entries nullify the promos you got with them? I tried bigly to get some more tickets via baseball last night. But my batters failed me.
    ~

• Getty33

@mgravity said...

I was watching the coverage of Bryson on the range his driver grip looks twice as big as a standard grip ? Anyone know anything about that.

He talked about this in Golf magazine this year. He uses Jumbo Max oversized grips on all his clubs. His theory is that a tight grip robs energy from the swing. He can hold the oversize grip looser and transfer that saved energy into the rest of his body.

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@zioncres said...

anyone playing the $4,444 one?

I wish, but not this time! Couldn’t get a ticket and it’s too much for me to just buy in.

• ifthethunder

Happy Meal is 115/150. We still have 709 Members in the league, but I guess a large number of them aren’t active anymore. Time for wives, girlfriends, etc. maybe…

https://www.draftkings.com/draft/contest/109441229
    ~

• lfn1992

@kbarnhill7523 said...

It’s the US Open though. You don’t need tons of birdies to win. You just need to avoid lots of bogies (and doubles).

Ancer is #2 in PGA this year in Bogey Avoidance and Morikawa and Conners are 25th and 27th respectively.

I really, really, really, really hope people are going to overrreact and fade Corey Conners because of a weird stat that doesn’t matter. Same with Collin and Abe.

• timusbr

The Happy Meal Cup standings after the Palmetto Championship.

https://1drv.ms/x/s!AiKGps2bl5SRom9VL6sqmZhA0iMN

Things getting bunched up again, with 2 ties in the top 5. 3 in top 10. 7 in to 18

with double points awarded for the Major. the top 16 have a chance to touch first place.
    rank name cup points
    1 1971hof 173
    1 titanhawks 173
    3 td33dzul 169
    4 omgponies 163
    4 SleDwreckerZ 163
    6 Eric2323 151
    7 Jonas0137 150
    8 captainsycamore 128
    9 m4ch1n3m4n 127
    10 Getty3 122
    10 sandybeach29 122
    12 b3gbie 118
    12 Jdubadubs 118
    14 ifthethunder 117
    14 marker0357 117
    16 COLTSMITCH 113
    16 tim-usbr 113
    18 gair-z 112
    18 mccurds13 112

The US Open Happy Meal is in trouble of playing 115/150
    https://www.draftkings.com/draft/contest/109441229
    Lets fill this thing

• mitchsnyderdfw

I may just need to stay of Twitter today with all these posts…

https://twitter.com/CPowers14/status/1405182568174178306

https://twitter.com/Daniel_Rapaport/status/1405175077767979012

• Wander_Bread

@mitchsnyderdfw said...

I may just need to stay of Twitter today with all these posts…

https://twitter.com/CPowers14/status/1405182568174178306

https://twitter.com/Daniel_Rapaport/status/1405175077767979012

I hope Brooks is trolling

• JimKronlund

So many great picks to choose from. Changed my strategy from the 100%.
    Migliozzi highest for me at 60%

• hbomb57

@Wander_Bread said...

I hope Brooks is trolling

Possibly. Maybe some of the golfers got together and said lets have some fun fu$$ing with gamblers minds.

• timusbr

Time to wrap this week up and enjoy the show.

Winner: someone who is a dad or has a dad
    LOL looking for the narrative the TV wants. (Rahm is a new Dad, X has the closest relationship with golf and dad). I suck at picking winners and I am most heavy on Finau but really dont think he can win. hoping for Guaranteed top 5.

Fade: Spieth, McIlroy, JT (Guys I dont like this week with the highest salaries)

Sleepers: (what does this mean?? so many 7K salaries with hall of fame potential) So….
    Rose, Casey, Harman, SiWoo, Todd, and my biggest longshot….Ormsby

I am living in the upper 7K’s and 8K’s. I have a ton of Euro roots players

• kdsdawg

Winner- Simpson
    Fade- DJ, JT, Bryson, Rory, Cantlay, Mats
    Sleepers- Palmer, Streelman

• Steverino01

@ifthethunder said...

Interesting idea!

Although, would withdrawing the previous entries nullify the promos you got with them? I tried bigly to get some more tickets via baseball last night. But my batters failed me.
    ~

Glad I had 5 tickets so I didn’t have to make that decision. Although, the $10 ticket is guaranteed, whereas there’s no guaranteed Bryson will hit the longest drive or a former winner will win this week. I’d withdraw the others to get the $10 ticket and who knows the others may still be awarded.

• mitchsnyderdfw

Winner: Cantlay
    Fade: Finau, DJ
    Sleeper:Streelman, Wallace

• winnerchickendinner

@lfn1992 said...

I really, really, really, really hope people are going to overrreact and fade Corey Conners because of a weird stat that doesn’t matter. Same with Collin and Abe.

People should fade or reduce shares of Conners because of his terrible Poa splits along with his projected ownership. Same goes for Morikawa and Ancer. I’ll take on all for a fun h2h contest if you believe that Conners Morikawa,and Ancer do well. Username jmike96 on DK.

• depalma13

@golgi said...

DK doesn’t let you withdraw entries that have a promo attached. At least they haven’t in the past.

• tristanwolf

Winner: Garrick Higgo shocks the world with his 4th win in 6 weeks and a star is born.
    Fade: DJ,JT, Sergio, Adam Scott
    Sleepers: Cam Young, Streelman, Mickelson

any more word today on the speith rolled ankle monday?

• timusbr

One more mini-game if you so choose to play for fun.
    Find the top amateur. sorted by thur tee time
    6200 Pierceson Coody (a)
    6400 Joe Long (a)
    6000 Matthew Sharpstene (a)
    6200 Andrew Kozan (a)
    6200 Joe Highsmith (a)
    6400 Cole Hammer (a)
    6300 Ollie Osborne (a)
    6000 Matthias Schmid (a)
    6200 Spencer Ralston (a)

• kdsdawg

@tristanwolf said...

Winner: Garrick Higgo shocks the world with his 4th win in 6 weeks and a star is born.
    Fade: DJ,JT, Sergio, Adam Scott
    Sleepers: Cam Young, Streelman, Mickelson

any more word today on the speith rolled ankle monday?

rolled is a bit extreme isn’t it? All I accounts I read said he just took a misstep and was fine, a little sore but better every day. Something to think about though. I have a few shares but may reduce some.

• timusbr

@depalma13 said...

DK doesn’t let you withdraw entries that have a promo attached. At least they haven’t in the past.

I dont know about this….
    I have lost a ton of missions in the past because I deleted the contest that had a mission from Sunday/Monday/Tuesday….but thats not the same thing is it?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).