• papagates

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #5

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2016 $1M Prize Winner

• x5

2019 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

Hey Everybody,

As many of your know, I have teamed up with Dan Smith and the Poker/DFS communities to try to raise $1 million for charities this year. We have been matching 1:1 donations for the duration of the drive. Currently we are $70,000 short of donations in order to reach $1 million raised!

I have been blown away by both the DFS and Poker communities response to this. Hearing various people’s stories and the sacrifices they are making, has really inspired me and I really want to make it to $1 million.

I’ve decided that if we hit the $1M mark, I will be donating an additional $200,000. To clarify, I will only be donating this extra $200k if we hit the $1 million mark. (Think of it as the Draftkings bonus for hitting 100 yards.)

The deadline is less than 24 hours away!

1: You can read more about the drive here, as well as the instructions on how to get your donations matched: https://dansmithholla.com/

2: You can read my take on why its so important to give here: https://rotogrinders.com/blog-posts/dfs-poker-1-million-matching-challenge-1624088

3: If you are unable to donate anything this year I believe that informing yourself, and possibly sharing this Ted Talk is extremely important as well: https://www.ted.com/talks/peter_singer_the_why_and_how_of_effective_altruism

If you have any questions about this drive, feel free to message me them, or ask them here. Together, we can get to $1 million and beyond!

• Cal

RG CoFounder & Admin

RG Overall Ranking

• $1M Prize Winner

• x4

2015 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

The amounts being donated here are staggering. Kudos to you and Dan Smith for putting this together.

Can you post cliff notes on how to get donations matched by you and Dan? I visited Dan’s blog but it wasn’t immediately clear.

• Cal

RG CoFounder & Admin

RG Overall Ranking

• $1M Prize Winner

• x4

2015 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

Ah, cliff notes:

How to Participate
    Just like before, you donate to one of the selected charities (Against Malaria Foundation, Give Directly, Schistosomiasis Control Initiative), and email a copy of your receipt to ReceiptsForCharity@gmail.com. We will match it.

• timusbr

Papagates was nothing to me but a name I heard playing dfs. It wasnt the best reputation being discussed by others. To see this and in my belief…putting himself out there, where anyone can besmirch his reputation with whatever they can think of…. Gives me some respect for the man. Well done papagates, congrats..good luck…and thanks for giving back to more needy.

• migarvin99

Serious respect for gestures like this can go a long way to legitimizing DFS

• thewrongguy

• 2018 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

• 2016 FanDuel NFL Playboy Mansion Finalist

congratulations on all your dfs success. This gesture bye you is truly worthy of recognition the dfs community needs more gestures of this nature now more than ever. you are truly a class act.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.