MAIN FORUM

• Ryazan

• x3

2015 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

• x2

2015 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

I just scooped him up like the fish that he is. Will post his and my lineup after 7pm when they lock. This is on Fanduel. I think I am better than him at this, and I am putting my money where my mouth is. Also got him in a $1065 and $535 H2H, I want his money, and I want people to sweat with me…..hate me or love me, this is what I want tonight. He uses excel and technology to assist him in every selection, and I use intuition, emotion, and love of the sport to make my selections. In fact, I haven’t looked up a single stat, matchup, or DVP, nor do I plan to.

• tonytone1908

@Ryazan said...

Seems like you just took the 3 studs from the west coast shootout and fit the rest in as you saw fit. Very nice! Harden seems unusable as long as the rockets are fully healthy

Yeah wasn’t a ton to work with really, only 2 games, and money had to get spent somewhere. Mavs going to OT was huge, basically D Will over IT was probably the difference.

• tvsfrink

@Ryazan said...

Who I have no respect for is the scum of DFS, who all know who you are – you play small lottery style stakes, you end up winning a little maybe, but then you see ehafner or maxdalury at the top of the leader boards and you think something is unfair….it HAS to be SOMETHING – otherwise, why would the same people always be winning??? You get your 330 in NBA, you make $10 out of $2, but you continue to employ the wrong strategies when it comes to success (cuz that same lineup would have won you 10K in the $300 Monster).

I think you might have left the part out about stealing babies and eating them for lunch…otherwise I don’t know how you get “scum” out of someone who loses a little money at DFS.

• tonytone1908

@Putz said...

Quite the opposite. This hardly proves anything; where are the high stakes? Where are the $1000 and $5000 entry contests like we’ve been talking about?

Seriously though man, I give you proof of exactly what we’re talking about, right in front of your eyes, and you can’t man up and say wow, you’re right? Keep playing $2 games if that makes you happy, that’s fine. But you CANNOT argue with the results. Sorry bud, you lost this argument.

• Ryazan

• x3

• x2

@tvsfrink said...

I think you might have left the part out about stealing babies and eating them for lunch…otherwise I don’t know how you get “scum” out of someone who loses a little money at DFS.

i wasn’t talking about you – but nice assumption, seems like you think of yourself as scum of DFS, because you aren’t here to learn it, have fun, or get better.

I think out of about 30,000 DFS players on this forum, only a small handful of the same exact losers seem to have a problem with me. Look in the mirror and realize that saying garbage to someone like me is a bad idea, it just gets you nowhere. Get lost Mr. Charity Case

• realdeals

This thread is awesome. I get what ryan is saying and so far it has worked for him. But, playing the monster every nite would bankrupt most in short order. I def need to take my shots more often than I do.

I def disagree that Max doesn’t care about his cash lus. I’m sure that’s the one he cares about the most. You mentioned 1-2x in this thread you don’t think he cares about his cash lu. That’s just crazy as he must have high 5 figs maybe 6 figs in cash action daily. I do like how you pick your spots to go h2h with him.

• hoodOO7

@tonytone1908 said...

Seriously though man, I give you proof of exactly what we’re talking about, right in front of your eyes, and you can’t man up and say wow, you’re right? Keep playing $2 games if that makes you happy, that’s fine. But you CANNOT argue with the results. Sorry bud, you lost this argument.

Yes, proof that you’re talking about a “results oriented” play-style which has been proven as a poor long term strategy. We don’t need to argue with your “results” because your overall position proves our point.

Regardless, at the end of the day: If it’s “working” for you, Great. More power to you. Just don’t pretend it’s a successful long term strategy to mismanage bankroll and create bankroll’s out of “nothing.”

• hoodOO7

@realdeals said...

I get what ryan is saying and so far it has worked for him. But, playing the monster every nite would bankrupt most in short order.

Exactly. This is the point that pisses him off…I don’t know why he gets his panties strewn about over it haha.

Oh, but he, presumably, won money doing it! It’d be like my neighbor saying she won the lottery after playing for 30 years; thus, putting $10K/year into the lottery was a “good strategy.” lol Great strategy, Martha! You struck gold by digging in your own backyard. Guess what? Most people are gonna find dirt ;)

• Shipmymoney

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #9

RG Tiered Ranking

• x3

2016 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• 2016 FanDuel MLB Playboy Mansion Finalist

@hoodOO7 said...

Yes, proof that you’re talking about a “results oriented” play-style which has been proven as a poor long term strategy. We don’t need to argue with your “results” because your overall position proves our point.

Regardless, at the end of the day: If it’s “working” for you, Great. More power to you. Just don’t pretend it’s a successful long term strategy to mismanage bankroll and create bankroll’s out of “nothing.”

Yeah I agree with the overall point that taking shots is ok, but pointing out you played higher stakes than normal yesterday and won so it works isn’t proof of anything. I played the Baller yesterday and I sucked, does that alone make it a bad idea?

• Ryazan

• x3

• x2

@hoodOO7 said...

Exactly. This is the point that pisses him off…I don’t know why he gets his panties strewn about over it haha.

Oh, but he, presumably, won money doing it! It’d be like my neighbor saying she won the lottery after playing for 30 years; thus, putting $10K/year into the lottery was a “good strategy.” lol Great strategy, Martha! You struck gold by digging in your own backyard. Guess what? Most people are gonna find dirt ;)

ok lets use the lottery example of your neighbor.

This is skill based. I literally did this in MLB last summer.

Monster every night, about 10 lineups a night – $3000.

Sometimes I would break even, sometimes I would lose all $3000, but most of the time I was either losing about $1000/1500, or winning $1000/$1500 — but because I kept at it, I won or came in top 5 in the Monster about once a week – not by luck like lottery, but by skill and strategy. And once in a year, you win the BIG one.

Like i keep on saying, it’s like some of you are just ignorant by choice – THE MORE YOU PUT IN, THE MORE YOU GET OUT. When you put in $10 in a night, don’t you dare have complaints about high rollers winning your tournament – because YOU were too scared to put alot of money into your lineups, and THEY were not.

• tvsfrink

@Ryazan said...

i wasn’t talking about you – but nice assumption, seems like you think of yourself as scum of DFS, because you aren’t here to learn it, have fun, or get better.

I think out of about 30,000 DFS players on this forum, only a small handful of the same exact losers seem to have a problem with me. Look in the mirror and realize that saying garbage to someone like me is a bad idea, it just gets you nowhere. Get lost Mr. Charity Case

As usual, you make terrible assumptions.
    -I know you weren’t talking about me. Unlike you, I know that everything is not about me. I just laughed when you called people who lose money at small stakes GPP “scum.”
    -I have learned plenty and gotten better since I’ve gotten here. I’ve learned about game theory. I’ve found the lineup builder and the bankroll tracker (trust me, it exists). I read the Grind Down. Just because all you see is me commenting on the silly things you say doesn’t mean that’s all I do.
    -I have plenty of fun here. Mostly laughing at your posts.
    -I’m not trying to get anywhere with you, believe me. I just enjoy the entertainment value you provide me.
    -Mr Charity Case? I don’t even know what that is supposed to mean.

• realdeals

@Ryazan said...

Sometimes I would break even, sometimes I would lose all $3000, but most of the time I was either losing about $1000/1500, or winning $1000/$1500 — but because I kept at it, I won or came in top 5 in the Monster about once a week – not by luck like lottery, but by skill and strategy. And once in a year, you win the BIG one.

Like i keep on saying, it’s like some of you are just ignorant by choice – THE MORE YOU PUT IN, THE MORE YOU GET OUT. When you put in $10 in a night, don’t you dare have complaints about high rollers winning your tournament – because YOU were too scared to put alot of money into your lineups, and THEY were not.

I could play 3000 a day for only a few days if I didn’t cash. I assume Vast majority in DFS are like this. You did make me realize I need to take shots more often than I do though.
    I honestly do like your style of play and love the fact you don’t use algorithms.
    But, most would be broke if they did what you did/do.

• tvsfrink

I think the idea is that if you can profit in small-stakes GPP over time, you start entering larger stakes GPP with the bankroll you built from the smaller stakes games, and you should win just as often (or more?) and pocket more money.

Personally, I generally stick to cash games because I do well in them but don’t cash often enough in tournaments. When I throw a $1 entry at a tournament it’s just for a bit of fun.

• tonytone1908

@tvsfrink said...

I think the idea is that if you can profit in small-stakes GPP over time, you start entering larger stakes GPP with the bankroll you built from the smaller stakes games, and you should win just as often (or more?) and pocket more money.

Personally, I generally stick to cash games because I do well in them but don’t cash often enough in tournaments. When I throw a $1 entry at a tournament it’s just for a bit of fun.

You got it. Of course it’s risky. But if you’re putting in hours of work and research every day to turn $2 into $5 you’re just wasting your time. If you’re just throwing in a couple LU’s for fun with 30 mins of research than obviously yes, it’s a bad strategy.

Honestly these games end up being very similar to cash games so if you’re already good in cash it’s work a shot.

• Ryazan

• x3

• x2

@realdeals said...

I could play 3000 a day for only a few days if I didn’t cash. I assume Vast majority in DFS are like this. You did make me realize I need to take shots more often than I do though.
    I honestly do like your style of play and love the fact you don’t use algorithms.
    But, most would be broke if they did what you did/do.

fair enough, but what do you define as “broke”?

do you look at it on a daily, weekly, monthly, or annual level?

because one could go broke in a day, but win for the week. One could go broke for the week, but win for the month. ect ect

I want to give you a perfect example of this.

I flew back from Jamaica and I couldn’t wait to play again, so I started playing Saturday. If you look overall at how I’ve done since Saturday, you’d notice that I am $1500 up for the week since i’ve been back. Pretty damn sweet right?

But what most don’t know is how I got there – winning $1K in NBA saturday, then winning $15K in NFL Sunday, then losing 6K and losing 7.5K again mon/tues.

It’s a horrible couple of days….but a good week overall. People need to start seeing this like I do – it’s all about long term vision. And this works for lower stakes if you dont feel like putting much in. I don’t care how much you lose every day, you can lose $50 every single damn day for 30 days, but if on the 31th day you win 2K, then guess what – you just made $500 for the month.

And this doesn’t need to happen on the 31st day. It just needs to happen ONCE in a 31 day span. It’s strategy. The day the Maxdalury screws up, the day Bcalicore screws up, THATS the day you win!

The key component here is that you need to keep on playing, and be willing to invest in yourself.

• tvsfrink

@tonytone1908 said...

You got it. Of course it’s risky. But if you’re putting in hours of work and research every day to turn $2 into $5 you’re just wasting your time. If you’re just throwing in a couple LU’s for fun with 30 mins of research than obviously yes, it’s a bad strategy.

Honestly these games end up being very similar to cash games so if you’re already good in cash it’s work a shot.

Well, it’s actually neither. I probably spend no more than 30 minutes of research on one, maybe two LUs, throw them in cash, and every once in a while either throw it in a $1 GPP as well or create another LU for that.

I’m confused by your last statement, however. I thought tournaments were much different, both from a min cash perspective and from a LU construction perspective.

• tvsfrink

@Ryazan said...

because one could go broke in a day, but win for the week. One could go broke for the week, but win for the month. ect ect

If you truly go broke, there’s no next day.

Also it’s “etc” for “etcetera.”

• tonytone1908

@tvsfrink said...

I’m confused by your last statement, however. I thought tournaments were much different, both from a min cash perspective and from a LU construction perspective.

The $100 game only has a few hundred people in it and since people are playing with more money they take less risks usually. Lineups are much safer than you would see in the shot.

• tvsfrink

Those are both tournaments. I thought you were comparing tournament to cash.

• tonytone1908

@tvsfrink said...

Those are both tournaments. I thought you were comparing tournament to cash.

I’m saying the way people approach them it is similar to cash. There’s no need to go big or go home.

• L3gOnD

@tvsfrink said...

Yes, this seems to be the concept and most agree but argue just for the sake of argument. The OP isn’t advocating for everyone to go use their CC and rack up debt. He is just informing ppl that if they play lower stakes, they’d be better and more profitable at higher stakes. A fairly simple concept. You don’t need thousands to play like some want to bash him for, if you have $20 play in 4 $5 tournies instead of 20 $1 tournies would be his point to a broader audience. He’s simply saying higher stakes means less entries which means less of a score base and lower scores will do better. Simple concept that all agree on here but want to knit pick specifics for the sake of meeting their unknown goal to bash ppl on a forum. I truly for the life of me don’t see what positive EV lifestyle it is to sit on these forums all day post after post to bitch, moan, and hate as some do. America is a crazy place.

• Putz

@L3gOnD said...

Yes, this seems to be the concept and most agree but argue just for the sake of argument. The OP isn’t advocating for everyone to go use their CC and rack up debt. He is just informing ppl that if they play lower stakes, they’d be better and more profitable at higher stakes. A fairly simple concept. You don’t need thousands to play like some want to bash him for, if you have $20 play in 4 $5 tournies instead of 20 $1 tournies would be his point to a broader audience. He’s simply saying higher stakes means less entries which means less of a score base and lower scores will do better. Simple concept that all agree on here but want to knit pick specifics for the sake of meeting their unknown goal to bash ppl on a forum. I truly for the life of me don’t see what positive EV lifestyle it is to sit on these forums all day post after post to bitch, moan, and hate as some do. America is a crazy place.

Yet, you started an whole new thread to whine about whiners, but were taken to task due to your incorrect generalizations. Brilliant!

• Putz

@tonytone1908 said...

Go back and look at my posts. I mention the $100 games many times and this proves exactly the point we’ve been trying to make. You can’t argue with the results, sorry, you just can’t. You know I’m right because you said it hardly proves anything instead of it proves NOTHING.

Now you can go kick yourself since CFB season is over and you realize how much money you left out there for others to get.

You definitely don’t understand the CFB contest landscape with comments like these.

• hoodOO7

@Ryazan said...

In my first season of NFL DFS, I’m just shy of cracking 5 figures. So, you’re gross and ignorant ad homs that I’m somehow complaining about ‘others winning and I’m not’ is just plain stupid. Not everyone disagrees with your methods because they’re bad lol

Secondly, the analogy is still valid for reasons you conveniently ignore (and have done in every reply you’ve made). For example, your basic conclusion is “THE MORE YOU PUT IN, THE MORE YOU GET OUT.” Stated as a fact, as you have done, this statement is a non-sequitur. Is there the ability to make more? Obviously LMFAO. But it’s not a certainty. And, employing this method is bad in the long term for 99% of players. Again, obvious points you refuse to ignore.

You are proving that your strategy is based substantially in luck and “results oriented” thinking by stating this as a fact. It is a bad strategy (period).

Again, though: I’m glad it’s worked out for you. Just like the old guy who wins the lottery: Some people defy the odds. You’re one of them (we presume!), and you should be proud :)

And, to those saying this is just about him talking about how higher stakes have higher rewards: No chit. Have you people every done any other sports gambling? Christ. That doesn’t mean it’s a good strategy to encourage others to create this magical bankroll. I love how you glom onto this single factual thing he says and ignore all of the other BS lol

• hoodOO7

@Shipmymoney said...

Yeah I agree with the overall point that taking shots is ok, but pointing out you played higher stakes than normal yesterday and won so it works isn’t proof of anything. I played the Baller yesterday and I sucked, does that alone make it a bad idea?

Right; exactly. It’s a non-sequitur.

• Ryazan

• x3

• x2

ok, here we go – as I said in an earlier post today (I think it was deleted by a mod actually lol), despite big losses the last 2 days, im putting my confidence on the line because I really like tonight’s slate:

https://www.fanduel.com/games/14462/contests/14462-21965190/entries/389630462/scoring?entry=389799885

got 8 entries in the Baller, go big or go home!

Seems like I am the only one liking Faried tonight cuz he’s 4% owned and I think I make up all of that actually lol……he killed OKC last time they played, so lets see if that pick works out.

ALL of the big name guys (ehafner, maxdalury, draftcheat, ect) are ALL over the Mudiay/Tyler point guard stack by the way.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).