MLB FORUM

Comments

• repthe305

A little HELP guys…PLEASE

Hey guys,

I’m new to DFS and have a few questions i just needs answered quickly. I mainly play 95% 50/50 and h2h games. When making my NBA lineup, should I pretty much stick to one lineup that I feel is the best and just play that over and over. Or should I try a different lineup each contest. I usually try to play between 20 – 25 $1 or $2 games a night.

Also, I am trying to start MLB now and after getting killed yesterday have learned a stud pitcher is a MUST but after that is it really just a lot of luck in picking the sleepers who are going to have good games or is there still something I should look for when picking guys who aren’t stars. Since pitchers cost so much its hard to get a stud/star everywhere else and I seem to always pick the wrong sleeper. Any advice on how to pick my sleepers is much appreciated. Same with NBA I play h2h and 50/50 MLB…Should I stick to one lineup for MLB also or swtich it up?

Finally, is stacking the way to go? I saw some people killed it by doing that but I guess that is also a double edged sword. If the team you stack bombs then you are pretty much out of it.

I know its a bunch of questions but I appreciate your input. I really enjoy DFS but nights like last night really frustrate me. Especially when it seems I couldn’t pick a sleeper at all and the stars I did pick did CRAP.

• crazy201081

Full disclosure: I am not a big time player and only just barely a profitable player but if you are not playing gpp’s I would recommend sticking to one lineup. It’s much easier to manage and in my experience I have had much more success since doing so myself.

• cccalloway

I have a lot of the same questions for MLB but for NBA I always stick to 1 cash game lineup but will adjust if I’m playing multiple GPPs.

For MLB, it’s easy to see that you have to pay for the elite pitching each day but I have so many questions on picking hitters and stacking that I feel clueless similar to you!

• repthe305

So when it comes to my 1 lineup for cash games I assume be a bit more cautious and take less risks. Whereas GPP get a stud or 2 then really dig deep into match ups for who could explode.

Baseball just gets me. I really want to do it just feel so lost. Seems like your whole lineup revolves around your pitcher. So if they pitch bad your done. So it seems to me more than 1 lineup is a must but heck, I can’t barely pick one. Amy advice for mlb? I tried stacking today just too see how it does. I’ll let you know CCCALLOWAY how it works for me.

• jecarl2

DS has 3 pitcher spots, so its not as critical that you nail the SP, try them. Stacking is for pussies, but works when you pick the correct team. There is no such thing as sleepers in baseball, every one sucks at least 70% of the time. My Analysis

• bbrookie9

Step 1 you found this site.Read the Grind Down and Daily Plays.The incentives are a must.Grinders U is very insightful.Baseball is a monster with all of its variables. Weather,ballparks. Pay attention to line ups.Baseball mgrs. will do a lot of work for you.Studs are always going to have their spot in the batting order.Watch the platoon guys and where they are put in the batting order.That is one way to find your sleepers,value plays,and guys with good match ups.Try to take hitters that are in parks that are hitter friendly.(ball park factors) Look for pitchers that have a high K/9 rate High GB/FB rate low WHIP and pitching in spacious parks or wind blowing in,(starting pitcher hub) Keep grinding on.Study the line-ups in your 50/50.s to see what was successful for other Grinders. Not sure if this will help as i just do it for fun and throw darts at the GPP’S

• looningabout

as far as cash games go, i asked the same question when i started MLB DFS. the first response i got was from smizzle who said to stick with one optimal cash line up and “let other people create variance”. i’ve found this to be good advice

• realdeals

Spending on SPs didn’t work out y’day. Numerous cheap SPs put up equal or better stats than Grienke, CC and Cobb.
    Seems to me it’s common sense to do only 1 (maybe a few if playing huge $ in hundreds of contests).

• jecarl2

@sonicattack said…

You should read that thread posted about STLCards. That “pussy” won a shitload of money yesterday with multiple variations of said stack.

Stacking is a strategy like any other. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesn’t. If your pitcher(s) bust, it might not matter either way.

I ‘ve read the thread and it did not change my opinion on stacking. Sorry

• Rockfan616

Lots of times it’s just a matter of matchups, if it’s a guy you know hits a certain pitcher well then you need to get him in your lineup. I say pick at least one possibly two stud pitchers and also see if you can find some hitters that are priced fairly low and hit certain pitchers well. That’s what I normally do and it works pretty well with cash games and H2H contests.
  • X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).