NASCAR FORUM

Comments

• Stangs13

Lets get some racing talk going. Interesting to see the new pricing on dk. Johnson and bowyer as the most expensive drivers. Does the new pricing change what we are looking for in drivers?

• gje627

On this page (now the previous page) anyways … seems like I’m always just a tad late to the conversation !!!

I.e. my redundant posts with what others have already said while I was typing …. :(

• gje627

Hmmm ….

At least per NASCAR Race Weather the chance of rain during the race window really went down.

• Ndepompei

@gje627 said...

Hmmm ….

At least per NASCAR Race Weather the chance of rain during the race window really went down.

yeah I think that storm broke up quite a bit. I’m southwest of the track and it is sunny out now everything already passed.

• gje627

@Ndepompei said...

yeah I think that storm broke up quite a bit. I’m southwest of the track and it is sunny out now everything already passed.

Thanks …. Please keep us updated !!!

Dustin Long says they just started drying the track.

• Ndepompei

@gje627 said...

Thanks …. Please keep us updated !!!

Dustin Long says they just started drying the track.

That’s good news wasn’t sure what it looked like up by the track. There was apparently a real nasty storm south but it moved East and won’t hit the track.

• gje627

Yeah … the track doesn’t look bad at all based on the pictures Dustin Long posted. The clouds also look reasonably light and tame … but pop-ups in your neck of the woods always seem possible to crash the party.

Back to the race tonight ….

Not in fantasy … but pure final running position.

My Top 10

01. Chase Elliott
    02. Kevin Harvick
    03. Erik Jones
    04. Alex Bowman
    05. Martin Truex Jr.
    06. Tyler Reddick
    07. Kyle Busch
    08. Brad Keselowski
    09. Joey Logano
    10. Kurt Busch

Anyone else?

EDIT: Another Dustin Long update.

• jt77316

@gje627 said...

Yeah … the track doesn’t look bad at all based on the pictures Dustin Long posted. The clouds also look reasonably light and tame … but pop-ups in your neck of the woods always seem possible to crash the party.

Back to the race tonight ….

Not in fantasy … but pure final running position.

My Top 10

01. Chase Elliott
    02. Kevin Harvick
    03. Erik Jones
    04. Alex Bowman
    05. Martin Truex Jr.
    06. Tyler Reddick
    07. Kyle Busch
    08. Brad Keselowski
    09. Joey Logano
    10. Kurt Busch

Anyone else?

I think Blaney will be up there. Maybe him over Kurt or Reddick.

• gje627

Can’t argue with that …. Think Reddick’s time is near, though. Now that Kyle Larson is likely out of the picture to replace JJ at HMS next year … would love to see Reddick in the #48.

A completely different driver than JJ.

Honestly believe Reddick might be the best pure wheelman since Tony Stewart came into NASCAR years ago.

• Stangs13

Fun game GJE, I’m going

1)Truex
    2) Elliot
    3) Bowman
    4) Jones
    5) Blaney
    6) Harvick
    7) Kyle Busch
    8) Keselowski
    9) Byron
    10) Logano

• gje627

@Stangs13 said...

Fun game GJE, I’m going

1)Truex
    2) Elliot
    3) Bowman
    4) Jones
    5) Blaney
    6) Harvick
    7) Kyle Busch
    8) Keselowski
    9) Byron
    10) Logano

Love the Blaney love …. He and Reddick are my favorite drivers now that Larson has become a major disappointment.

• monarch

I’ll try…

Kyle Busch
    Truex
    Jones
    Kurt Busch
    Harvick
    Elliot
    Reddick
    Keselowski
    Bowman
    Blaney

• gje627

@monarch said...

I’ll try…

Kyle Busch
    Truex
    Jones
    Kurt Busch
    Harvick
    Elliot
    Reddick
    Keselowski
    Bowman
    Blaney

Okie-Dokie then ….

Looks like we all agree that Chase Elliott wins tonight !!! :)

….

Very happy to see Reddick on your list too !!! :)

• realphipps

Back in the early 2000s at Ohio State, one of my best buds was really close with the Blaney family. Got to hangout, have a few drinks with Dave and he’s a super cool guy.

His son is in the verge of Nascar stardom in my biased opinion.

• gje627

@realphipps said...

Back in the early 2000s at Ohio State, one of my best buds was really close with the Blaney family. Got to hangout, have a few drinks with Dave and he’s a super cool guy.

His son is in the verge of Nascar stardom in my biased opinion.

Super-cool story ….

I’ve heard the Elliotts are absolutely class acts as well ….

Added bonus …. Chase’s dad had/has the best nickname in the history of sports.

Awesome Bill from Dawsonville !!!

When I lived in Columbia, MO an ex-girlfriend of mine was drinking buddies with Carl Edwards dad and I would tag along every once in awhile.

Met Carl then, but he was young and only racing local dirt tracks …. Through my ex, Carl’s dad was really responsible for getting me into following NASCAR. He owned his own auto repair shop and even though he was older, was in law school at Mizzou with my ex when they were buddies.

Also had a friend whose uncle was Dick Trickle …. The stories he would tell about his uncle were bat-shit crazy !!!

The odd thing? …. If you know anything about Dick Trickle’s persona …. Totally Believable !!!

• realphipps

Anyone got any Cole Trickle stories?

“And rubbing, son, is racing.”

• gje627

@realphipps said...

Anyone got any Cole Trickle stories?

“And rubbing, son, is racing.”

Hate to say it but ….

“Days of Thunder” is quite possibly the worst movie ever made … even notwithstanding the fact that Tom Cruise may be one of the most annoying human beings in the history of the world.

• Steven1974

Wasn’t there a driver scratched yesterday? I thought I remember seeing that. Are they still scratched today if so?

• Pgram23

My guess at the top 10 tonight!

1. Chase Elliott
    2. Kyle Busch
    3. Martin Truex
    4. Alex Bowman
    5. Kevin Harvick
    6. Ryan Blaney
    7. Denny Hamlin
    8. Ryan Preece
    9. Eric Jones
    10. Ricky Stenhouse

• smonger19

OK, my Top 10 for tonight:

1) Kevin Harvick
    2) Joey Logano
    3) Martin Truex, Jr.
    4) Brad Keselowski
    5) Alex Bowman
    6) Chase Elliott
    7) Kyle Busch
    8) Eric Jones
    9) Tyler Reddick
    10) Kurt Busch

• depalma13

Top 10
    1. Bowman
    2. Elliott
    3. Truex
    4. Byron
    5. Johnson
    6. Blaney
    7. Jones
    8. A. Dillon
    9. Kyle Busch
    10. Harvick

• gje627

@Steven1974 said...

Wasn’t there a driver scratched yesterday? I thought I remember seeing that. Are they still scratched today if so?

There were some team driver changes but the net number of drivers is the same.

Reed Sorenson is out. Yeley is moving from his Sunday car to Sorenson’s #77.

Josh Bilicki is moving over to Yeley’s #7 from Sunday’s race.

Even though Yeley is driving again tonight he switched cars, so he will start at the rear, along with Bilicki replacing Yeley in the #7.

• smonger19

@Steven1974 said...

Unless I’m mistaken, I think DK put out a price for Sorenson, but I’m pretty sure Gaulding is racing instead of him. I don’t think anyone else is out.

• smonger19

@gje627 said...

Even though Yeley is driving again tonight he switched cars, so he will start at the rear, along with Bilicki replacing Yeley.

Always trust gje627 ahead of me.

• gje627

Larry McReynolds and Jeff Gordon definitely must have read my post about race strategy …. :)

• gje627

@smonger19 said...

Always trust gje627 ahead of me.

Appreciate the compliment … but you forgot to add the disclaimer ….

Proceed with caution.

and ….

Proceed at your own risk !!!

:)

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).