MAIN FORUM

Comments

• theseige

• 2015 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

• x2

2016 DraftKings FBBWC Finalist

Hey there everybody! I’m CJ Kaltenbach, one of the RotoGrinders hosts and writers. I go by the handle ‘cjkalt’ on most DFS sites (theseige on Fantasy Aces and FantasyDraft) and am ranked in the top 50 overall. The folks at RotoGrinders (aka Smartwater asked me very nicely) wondered if I was willing to do an AMA, so I obliged.

Some basic facts about me:

- Started working for Daily Fantasy Bootcamp in May 2015 and joined Rotogrinders staff in February of 2016. Created the NBA marketplace package) in October of 2016 (If you haven’t checked it out, what are you waiting for?

- I started playing Daily Fantasy Sports in September of 2014

- I’m a licensed attorney in Missouri

- Boston sports teams and fans are the best in the world

- I have a law degree from Saint Louis University and a Bachelor’s of Science in Chemical Engineering from Notre Dame

- I hold season tickets for STL FC, which is a Division II soccer team

That just about covers it for the basics, so fire away!

• thehazyone

RG Contributor

• Blogger of the Month

Awesome! First question… who would win in a MMA fight between you and DraftCheat?

• bklucky13

Are you from Boston? And if not, why all the Boston love? I am from Boston and thought the rest of the world hated us..

• skimbad

do you also practice law on the side? If not and there was no DFS, what would you specialize in?

• nuckfuggets

How much sexual tension would you say there is between you and @DraftCheat?

• BleedinGreen

What (or who) made you decide to start playing DFS? – and at what point did you realize “ the seige is this shit at this “ and starting playing professionally?

• Rockingham

At what point did you decide to play DFS professionally and was there a key event or win that confirmed that decision for you? Have you always played higher stakes/volume?

• UllNeedIt101

What is your go to meal when you go to Chilli’s?

• naq007

Dion Lewis super chalk this weekend? Fade?

• Jnvrmind

Please convince me I can cash in the night slate while fading Enes Kanter. Thanks.

• TinkyTyler

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #56

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2016 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

• 2018 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

How nervous are you about my imminent overtaking of you in the RG rankings?

• theseige

• x2

@thehazyone said...

Awesome! First question… who would win in a MMA fight between you and DraftCheat?

DC has the skills advantage but the weight advantage would be too much over 3 rounds for him to handle

• theseige

• x2

@bklucky13 said...

Are you from Boston? And if not, why all the Boston love? I am from Boston and thought the rest of the world hated us..

Originally from Newton so born and raised in the Boston area, and the rest of the world does hate us but they are wrong

• theseige

• x2

@skimbad said...

do you also practice law on the side? If not and there was no DFS, what would you specialize in?

Not really anymore, with all my role expansions here at RG don’t have the appropriate time, but would specialize in DUI defense

• theseige

• x2

@BleedinGreen said...

What (or who) made you decide to start playing DFS? – and at what point did you realize “ the seige is this shit at this “ and starting playing professionally?

After law school, mom got sick for a bit so delayed opening up my own law shop and as i was doing that i just started winning and decided to ride it out as long as I could

• theseige

• x2

@UllNeedIt101 said...

What is your go to meal when you go to Chilli’s?

Grilled Chicken, Corn on the Cob no butter and season salt on the side… with chips and salsa of course

• theseige

• x2

@naq007 said...

Dion Lewis super chalk this weekend? Fade?

Haven’t looked at pricing yet but if he’s gonna be popular I’ll want to fade, kinda think its a Blount week

• theseige

• x2

@Jnvrmind said...

Please convince me I can cash in the night slate while fading Enes Kanter. Thanks.

Just unreg tbh

• theseige

• x2

@TinkyTyler said...

How nervous are you about my imminent overtaking of you in the RG rankings?

Hopefully I win the SF final and get it right back, but you’ve been on a massive heater so you deserve it, top 25 upcoming

• naq007

No one be on blount, $ if works, remember a few yeas back that 3td playoff game.

• lostless

What is the biggest aha or lightbulb moment you have had playing DFS?

• Cameron

RG Co-Founder

RG Overall Ranking

• 2014 FanDuel NFL Survivor Champion

• 2016 RG Season Long Champion: NFL

What’s the full story on the Green Polo?

What is the best DFS month you’ve ever had?

• dubchr7

• Blogger of the Month

how were you able to gain an edge when you were starting out??

• CJtheGrump

@theseige said...

Not really anymore, with all my role expansions here at RG don’t have the appropriate time, but would specialize in DUI defense

You’ve got me curious… What’s an example of a strong DUI defense?

More On-Topic – Let’s say a bench player is getting a spot-start. What kind of information donyounuse to decide whether it’s a good play or a trap? For example, McBuckets had a nice game yesterday but a few days earlier was a dud.

Is there any way to anticipate and steer clear of the traps?

• theseige

• x2

@lostless said...

What is the biggest aha or lightbulb moment you have had playing DFS?

When I was finally willing to take stands both ways… and by that I mean not only fade guys I didn’t like at 0% but be willing to play 100% of guys I loved

• theseige

• x2

@Cameron said...

What’s the full story on the Green Polo?

What is the best DFS month you’ve ever had?

I just have a lot of ND polos, they look semi-professional and I’m not a T-Shirt person so I just wear polos around, and then the green one became a sensation (mostly a Kcannon thing)

Best DFS month was December 2015, won the aces CFB, took 2nd in aces NFL, Q’d for DK final, took 30th in that and then went to Florida and max Q’d the Playboy final first 3 days of qualifiers.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.