MAIN FORUM

Comments

• PeasantPower

I am not a fan of double ups. They have sneaky high rake and you need to finish in the top 60% to cash. For that extra dollar or whatever it is, it is simply not worth it to me. The problem I’ve been seeing is that DK and FD seem to be pushing double ups on everyone and making their 50/50 games extremely small and only seen at the bottom of the page.

I get why the websites want to use double ups so they can nickel and dime us for that extra 2-3% rake, but as a player I much prefer 50/50s. There just aren’t enough guaranteed 50/50s available anymore IMO.

As someone who is mainly a cash player I don’t like this trend. Is anyone else bothered by this?

• jtwfantasy

I wouldn’t mind more double-ups if the sites didn’t greedily rake them so high. Thats the biggest issue.

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

You do know, on FD at least, they create new 50/50’s every time one fills while double ups they don’t?

So I actually find it easier to find the 50/50 games. You just have to pop back on throughout the day (or week for nfl) and sign up for more.

Also, on FD, if you click the sort button at the top by the $ amount, the first games listed will be the $1 50/50’s.

• FastEddieFear

We actually just added Double Ups this weekend at Fantasy Feud at player request, but they were on top of, not instead of, 50/50’s.

• HardCore

This trend makes me sick as well i miss 50/50’s who cares about the extra dollar or so you get in the double up. Having to beat an extra 500-10000 people just isn’t worth it to me in the long run and i think if we did a poll others would agree. I dont understand why FD/DK cant do both to be honest but what ever.

• mrchuffy

The big double ups are so soft for NFL on both DK and FD I don’t mind them. Now for NBA and MLB the double ups are much harder than the smaller single entry 50/50s.

• AtGame7

I’d prefer double ups if the rake was the same as 50/50’s.

• crowntheirasses

I started grinding daily (almost exclusively on DK) about 2nd half of NBA last season. The large field 50/50 was a thing then and I found it was a game I could compete in as a new player, so I also was perturbed by this trend in the large field cash games moving exclusively to double ups while trying to learn the ropes. I emailed support at DK and got some generic response their about game offerings. Bottom line, they offer the game selection that will make them the most money. While I appreciate the business acumen of this, it does not promote a healthy ecosystem. Due to the significant spread in the cash lines, I realized that I had to raise my game or quit. Many will just quit. I think they should offer both in the large field format, but it’s all about their bottom line. If the DFS bubble pops, it will be greed that is downfall like every other bubble.

• topscout

its hard to get in any 50/50 and they make them small. i enter all the 100 man. problem with double ups is i see the same 5-6 guys all with same teams. the pro guys LOL. so really it makes a 20 man a 14 or a 50 a 44

• goingtocrush1

@crowntheirasses said...

I started grinding daily (almost exclusively on DK) about 2nd half of NBA last season. The large field 50/50 was a thing then and I found it was a game I could compete in as a new player, so I also was perturbed by this trend in the large field cash games moving exclusively to double ups while trying to learn the ropes. I emailed support at DK and got some generic response their about game offerings. Bottom line, they offer the game selection that will make them the most money. While I appreciate the business acumen of this, it does not promote a healthy ecosystem. Due to the significant spread in the cash lines, I realized that I had to raise my game or quit. Many will just quit. I think they should offer both in the large field format, but it’s all about their bottom line. If the DFS bubble pops, it will be greed that is downfall like every other bubble.

Reminds me of Poker Stars and their greed with their rake. Seems in both poker and DFS there is a massive opportunity for a well funded platform to crush with a lower rake base and understanding for a long term ecosystem construction.

• AtGame7

Maybe I have a filter selected wrong on DK, but I just don’t see any 50/50 games in the $5 and below price tag, only double ups that I don’t want to play because of the rape (intentionally misspelled).

• MikeSos760

@AtGame7 said...

Maybe I have a filter selected wrong on DK, but I just don’t see any 50/50 games in the $5 and below price tag, only double ups that I don’t want to play because of the rape (intentionally misspelled).

You do. There are plenty of 50/50s at a lower price.

• Putz

FanDuel has tons of 50/50. I entered 10x more 50/50 for CFB this weekend than double ups, and I entered all of their double ups available at $25 and below.

• Meatacus

I wish there were more 50/50’s on FD as I like playing multi lineups but there is normally at most 5 50/50’s at a given price. Have to constantly check back to see if more are made as ones fill up, taking a lot of time. The thing I don’t like about Double ups is you have some top players max entry the same lineup where as the 50/50 is single entry. Also the higher rake in DU’s make me play more 50/50’s.

• AtGame7

I really have a hard time understanding why the rake needs to be so drastically different.

• chronoxiong

I mostly play 50/50s as I don’t like the rake on the Double Ups. I still consider them as GPPs since you need to finish in the top 60% to double your money. That’s why most of my action are 50/50s as I find them more simpler and easier to win. I just have to play tons of them but I have no problem with that since FD makes new games everytime one fills.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).