MAIN FORUM

Comments

• impurityz

Are we “ignoring” the error by Fanduel today?

The late dribbler is currently in the “live contents” and I can see everyone’s team and ‘s… I also see people who lakers players and it says 0.

No idea what is going on.

• jross2021

@dstars5 said…

Correction: 4 Thousand people can just copy CONDIA’S lineup

But ya, this is a pretty major issue. Fanduel’s probably going to get a lot of backlash no matter how they resolve it.

+10

I hope everyone takes condia’s lu.. he’s been on a cold streak :)

• easternmh

• x3

Blogger of the Month

i missed out damn, who does condia have??? LOL

• pcfriarsfan

FanDuel Rep

Hi everyone,

As impurityz and others pointed out there was a brief window where today’s late Dribbler could be viewed as a “live” contest even though it was not supposed to start until 6:00 pm ET today. Because of this, we have decided to void this contest. We will be emailing all entrants in this game and refunding all entries shortly. We are investigating how this happened and we will update with our findings.

• hambazaza

RG Blog Program Manager, 2014 RG Party Beer Pong Champion

• Blogger of the Month

• Beer Pong Champion

@sethayates said…

Even if they take it down people like me already have screenshots of lineups. After pounding the free overlay on DK and now stealing lineups on FD I feel like I need to see if GrindersU has an ethics course.

if there isn’t one, I nominate you to teach it!

• hambazaza

RG Blog Program Manager, 2014 RG Party Beer Pong Champion

• Blogger of the Month

• Beer Pong Champion

their AMA will be a lot like the Google reliability team doing an AMA when Gmail went down yesterday (Google+ also went down, nobody noticed tho)

• tipster808

This is not good, yes. But I can also see everyone’s lineups anyway from the 1pm start – most of which are all late game guys. In all honesty, those are the better lineups to look at (1pm ones), since I at least know they aren’t dummy ones or ones people might still edit.

This is also kind of like a test. You got to see someone else’s sheet with a few answers on it. That doesn’t mean what they put down is the right answer. Especially when this happened more than 4 hours out from game time.

Yes, it’s not good, but I honestly can’t get that mad about this when I think about it realistically. Now let me get back to studying the 1pm lineups.

• impurityz

@tipster808 said…

This is not good, yes. But I can also see everyone’s lineups anyway from the 1pm start – most of which are all late game guys. In all honesty, those are the better lineups to look at (1pm ones), since I at least know they aren’t dummy ones or ones people might still edit.

This is also kind of like a test. You got to see someone else’s sheet with a few answers on it. That doesn’t mean what they put down is the right answer. Especially when this happened more than 4 hours out from game time.

Yes, it’s not good, but I honestly can’t get that mad about this when I think about it realistically. Now let me get back to studying the 1pm lineups.

no its not… people consider the earlier games in their lu’s which could make a drastic decision on their lu even if they don’t plan on using any players in the early linuep.

• jross2021

don’t worry guys.. fanduel posted another dribbler.. like it makes any difference at all lol. Should have just kept one up or voided all games and not had late night.. it really doesn’t make a difference.

• tipster808

Yes, I hear you. I just…..4 hours out of game start. I have no idea if any of the lineups will remain the same. It’s honestly not impacting how I’m building a lineup.

Plus Condia’s been on a cold spell anyway, LOL.

• JHols1nger

@pcfriarsfan said…

Hi everyone,

As impurityz and others pointed out there was a brief window where today’s late Dribbler could be viewed as a “live” contest even though it was not supposed to start until 6:00 pm ET today. Because of this, we have decided to void this contest. We will be emailing all entrants in this game and refunding all entries shortly. We are investigating how this happened and we will update with our findings.

Any update as to how this happened?

• JHols1nger

• waiverwire

Sorry – just trying to get confirmation on one aspect of the problem. I’ll update with details as soon as I get that.

• JHols1nger

Appreciate the response, just wanna make sure the cause is known so it doesn’t happen again.

• waiverwire

@JHols1nger said…

Appreciate the response, just wanna make sure the cause is known so it doesn’t happen again.

Short version of what happened:
    -We have the ability to manually insert entries into a contest (mostly used for satellite winners and some promos)
    -When we do that, we type in a seat id# to copy a ‘dummy’ lineup from
    -In this case, it appears that a seat id# for an entry in an early contest was inserted into a late tournament
    -Parts of our code use the list of games included in the available player list for the first entry in a contest as kind of a ‘short cut’ to figure out what games are included in the contest
    -In the case, that led to using the wrong game list (since the entry had invalid player picks)…and resulted in a bit of a mess.

We’ll look at validating the seat IDs that are manually entered. Until then simply making sure that our whole team is aware of how this happened should make it very unlikely to occur again.

• spyder

@waiverwire said…

Short version of what happened:
    -We have the ability to manually insert entries into a contest (mostly used for satellite winners and some promos)
    -When we do that, we type in a seat id# to copy a ‘dummy’ lineup from
    -In this case, it appears that a seat id# for an entry in an early contest was inserted into a late tournament
    -Parts of our code use the list of games included in the available player list for the first entry in a contest as kind of a ‘short cut’ to figure out what games are included in the contest
    -In the case, that led to using the wrong game list (since the entry had invalid player picks)…and resulted in a bit of a mess.

We’ll look at validating the seat IDs that are manually entered. Until then simply making sure that our whole team is aware of how this happened should make it very unlikely to occur again.

It seems there is a lot of human error surrounding FanDuel contests. I reported two instances over the weekend where a contest was incorrectly titled. For example, one $1 Saturday Dribbler had Sunday games in it with a Sunday start time. The contest title wasn’t fixed for nearly 40 minutes and it had almost 300 entries.

Human error is acceptable and will inevitably happen. However, the frequency is somewhat concerning. Small things add up and frustrate people. Larger things like the main topic at hand are unacceptable though.

Whoever is making these mistakes should probably practice double-checking their work before submitting contests/changes. Regardless of how hectic of a position/environment you are in, you always have a few seconds to re-read and confirm that what you are submitting is correct.

• dailyleaguer

No large-scale IT operation should have that level of manual data entry. Good luck figuring that out!

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).