PGA FORUM

Comments

• KevinRothWx

RG Chief Meteorologist

The Arnold Palmer invitational in Orlando gets off to a wild start Thursday, with a cold front bringing high winds and a chance for rain, but the weather gets better every day from that point on. Lets go ahead and break it down day by day…

Thursday – Increasingly windy, chance for PM rain.
    AM – Thursday morning actually starts out pretty nice, dry weather with early morning winds around 5mph. By late morning (with a front approaching), winds will start to pick up and should be closer to 10mph sustained by late morning. All in all it’s pretty nice weather.
    PM – Winds continue to climb in the afternoon, and will likely reach their peak in the mid to late afternoon. Sustained winds will be 15-20mph, gusts will be over 30mph. There’s also the chance for showers and storms, thought the rain coverage doesn’t look too high, so I’d guess afternoon golfers are stuck out there in the wind without a particularly good chance of a rain stoppage.

Friday – Winds are steadier.
    AM – Winds on Friday won’t start out light like we see Thursday, I expect winds should hold between 10-15mph all morning (some stronger gusts mixed in).
    PM – Winds could subside a touch in the afternoon as compared to the morning, but I’d still expect them to hold around that 10-15mph range.

Sat & Sun – The two best days of weather, sunshine and winds between 5-10mph, perfect golf weather.

Overall – Seems clear to me that the better option here is to go with AM Thursday / PM Friday golfers. That will help us 1) Avoid the worst of the weather late Thursday (always the primary goal), and 2) Possibly get a slightly better weather draw Friday as well (not as important, but we’ll take it). Usually this section is a bit longer, but I think that’s all the info you really need, enjoy!

Happy Grinding,
    Kevin

• blue

Thanks

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.