The Astro’s Sign Stealing affect on DFS was HUGE.
Any of Glasnow in a DFS LU in game 5 of the ALCS resulted in a loss due to Astro’s cheating
- Watch that 1st inning you can hear the instantaneous audio bass ((boom))
- 5 of first 6 batters got hits – Astros had 8 hits for game.
- From what I could tell they stopped using it after they had 4 runs from 1st 6 batters.
Conclusion – because other teams used similar schemes starting in 2017, one has to assume it will continue as long a catchers use hand signals for pitches
- MLB Commish issued multiple warnings since 2018 that have been ignored
- MLB Commish only acted because Friers spoke out and embarrassed MLB
- other sign stealing methods will develop giving home batter distinct advantage.
- Pay attention to difference of home / road splits of team batting
- in 2019 AL team batting Average was.002 better @ home… Astros were .029
- I figure Astro’s only used scheme 1/8th of PA’s, so .029 × 8 = .171 improvement if used all the time