PGA FORUM

Comments

• whodat2

When: Feb 11-14

Where: Pebble Beach, CA

Course: Pebble Beach & Spyglass Hill.

Last Year’s Winner: Nick Taylor at -19

Last Year’s Cut: -2 (No Pro Am this year)

Coverage: PGA Tour Live | Golf Channel | CBS or NBC

RG Golf Forum League

Happy Meal Cup 2021 Standings

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• mitchsnyderdfw

So 100% DJ and Spieth this week is the play?

• nickvinin

Heard on PGA Radio this morning Xander had 21 opportunities from the fairway between 50 and 150 out. Finished -1 for the week on those holes.

• noddy

@mitchsnyderdfw said...

So 100% DJ and Spieth this week is the play?

One of them is not like the other.

• BIF

I’m up this week for my annual AT&T Pebble Beach – Beat the Forum volunteer.

I’ll post a bunch of H2Hs in the league a little later today once I come down from this Buccaneer joyride I’m on.

• mogan11

Spieth got a 2K price hike? wow.

• hbomb57

@mogan11 said...

Spieth got a 2K price hike? wow.

I will play him as long as there are no trees, ponds or ocean views along any fairways.

• mitchsnyderdfw

@BIF said...

I’m up this week for my annual AT&T Pebble Beach – Beat the Forum volunteer.

I’ll post a bunch of H2Hs in the league a little later today once I come down from this Buccaneer joyride I’m on.

Such as awesome feeling when the team you have followed your whole life finally puts it together and wins it all.

Congrats Man.

• Wander_Bread

Congrats on the win BIF. I was dead wrong on that one last night..

• querb

why is the field so shitty?

• MACKTYSON

@querb said...

Valentines day weekend, biggest holiday weekend of the year.

• timusbr

Congrats to Bif on his Team winning the SB.

Had an internet explorer/ MS update and copying excel as a viewable link changed. The view I saw and path I took was different.

https://1drv.ms/x/s!AiKGps2bl5SRokWjYPCQsi8FXfpJ?e=8PsjRH

Captain Sycamore retakes lead. He finished first in the 100 person Happy Meal but 2nd in the Happy Meal Cup. Gair-z finished in first playing the second HM contest. ( I have been leaving the highlight of the second cup contest players on the sheet. I dont know why but thought it might be interesting)

I like symmetry of numbers and my eyes seem to be drawn to things like that……43 pts puts you in 43rd place

• BIF

@querb said...

Lots of guys skip annually because of the Amateur and multi-course format (although this year it’s no Amateurs and only 2 courses) plus it’s run more like an invitational and it’s a smaller field.

• BIF

Just put up 30 H2H’s in League Lobby between $1 and $20

Come and get it !!!!

• mitchsnyderdfw

Kuchar being $200 less than Matt Jones seems like a big miscalculation

• timusbr

LOL had Gronk as my captain and went from first half flirting with some BIG money to min cash. should have taken fournett instead of Jones. I expected a loss but had to play. cmon 250K entries on a 1 game SD. who can believe they can win before hand?

• depalma13

@MACKTYSON said...

Valentines day weekend, biggest holiday weekend of the year.

Valentine’s Day is the best night in the world for a single guy. It’s the only day of the year know every woman out in the bar/club is available.

• BIF

@timusbr said...

LOL had Gronk as my captain and went from first half flirting with some BIG money to min cash. should have taken fournett instead of Jones. I expected a loss but had to play. cmon 250K entries on a 1 game SD. who can believe they can win before hand?

I was 95-100% Gronk and about 20% at Captain; also had a lot of Brady and Fournette but always seemed to have a Mahomes, Hill, Godwin or Evans on almost every lineup. Still cashed 8/11 in the big Milly for some profit and cashed all the single entries too. Made about $250 on Showdown so it’s all up for grabs in this week’s BTF golf H2Hs !

Back to golf – this event will be weird with a 36 hole cut and for those making it, we get 3 rounds on Pebble.

Also, the cut here is usually just Top 60 and ties because of the 15 Pro/Amateur teams making the cut in the Pro/Am tourney – do we know if it is back to the now standard T65&ties as there are no amateurs or are they keeping it at just T60 ?

• BIF

@depalma13 said...

Valentine’s Day is the best night in the world for a single guy. It’s the only day of the year know every woman out in the bar/club is available.

😂 that’s so true – my buddy and I used to say that “back in the day”

• RudyPujols

@BIF said...

this event will be weird with a 36 hole cut and for those making it, we get 3 rounds on Pebble.

That was going to be my question. I assumed it would be just like the COVID-modified AmEx, but wasn’t sure.

And speaking of COVID-modified traditionally 3-course/54-hole cut events, anybody want to take a guess who was 4th here in 2019 while going -10 at PB, -3 at Spyglass, and a disappointing Even at MP?

• timusbr

OK its early in the week and Its a first impression, but going by course history and the changes in the tournament. 3 days on PB seems to me that Phil the thrill ( lefty, Mick-tities) should be 100% owned by every DFS player. You dont know how much I hate this statement but…first glance thats my take.

• BIF

@mitchsnyderdfw said...

Kuchar being $200 less than Matt Jones seems like a big miscalculation

Maybe on name reputation but Matt Jones has been money for me – made 8 straight cuts with 3 higher finishes where Kooch is like a box of chocolates (you don’t know what you are gonna get and even when it is a good one it’s still not great).

• BIF

@RudyPujols said...

That was going to be my question. I assumed it would be just like the COVID-modified AmEx, but wasn’t sure.

Yea and no – at the Amex in non-Covid environment, the amateurs don’t play on Sunday and it’s a normal Top 65 & ties (formerly Top 70 before rule change to 65 last year) where Pebble has also has the Top 15 and tied Pro/am teams play Sunday so the Pro cut was always smaller at Top 60 & ties.

I’m assuming they are taking Top 65 & ties as no reason to make it smaller with no amateurs.

• Shaver933

I’d hammer the “bad score” results on full-tourney MKF.

Edit: and they’re gone

• Kingspark35

Three out already.

Matt Kuchar, Wyndam Clark and Kyoung-Hoon Lee.

• mogan11

@Kingspark35 said...

Three out already.

Matt Kuchar, Wyndam Clark and Kyoung-Hoon Lee.

They must have checked the forecast. I wouldn’t want to play in that crap either.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).