MAIN FORUM

Comments

• looningabout

I am thinking about getting back into DFS after over a 2 year break. I would appreciate it if you guys could help fill me in on any of the major changes/developments that may have taken place during this time. Have I missed the days of the 100% deposit matching up to $200 for new users (if so, which site offers the best bonus for new players?) Any tips or recommendations would be helpful. Thanks, and you’re welcome for the money you’ll soon be taking from me.

• flip4flop

The rake is much higher, the games are tougher and the margins are thinner. Welcome back to the swamp.

• jimmyquinella

• Blogger of the Month

@flip4flop said...

The rake is much higher, the games are tougher and the margins are thinner. Welcome back to the swamp.

basically this

• sochoice

• 2017 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• 2017 FanDuel WFFC Champion

@looningabout said...

I am thinking about getting back into DFS after over a 2 year break. I would appreciate it if you guys could help fill me in on any of the major changes/developments that may have taken place during this time. Have I missed the days of the 100% deposit matching up to $200 for new users (if so, which site offers the best bonus for new players?) Any tips or recommendations would be helpful. Thanks, and you’re welcome for the money you’ll soon be taking from me.

Lowest scores now win. Let’s play some H2Hs.

• joephoto

Sites with those big deposit bonuses went out of business (fantasy up, fantasy hub etc. ).
    Others raised their rake, although fantasy draft is still reasonable.

• jayzee666

You don’t play any of my picks, you eliminate alot of busts!!

• DaBum2012

• 2018 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

I know with the live events, both FanDuel and DraftKings reduced the prize pool for those. You used to compete for prize pools of $5-$6 million, now they are down to $1.5-$3 million. I’ve noticed that many of the games on both sites now look similar too one another as well-I don’t know if it is because at one point they were talking merger, so they were trying to get on the same page before it, not expecting it to fall through. They’ve changed the format of a lot of these games too making it much more difficult to win, but if you actually watch some of the games instead of sitting behind a computer all day looking at projections and not paying attention, you should be alright. These are additional subtle changes I’ve seen too. I haven’t played for 3 years until now. I myself am getting back to fantasy sports too. I stopped playing for a while because I was finishing up my college degree and didn’t have time for it and plus, I was burned by a fantasy sports site a few years ago that left a sour taste in my mouth for a while and this is why I had to stop playing. I finally found a reputable one that, knock on wood, actually gives you what they promise.

• bohicabuddy

• 2015 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

• 2018 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

@sochoice said...

Lowest scores now win. Let’s play some H2Hs.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.