MLB FORUM

Comments

• rj3494

Probably get some grief about this post but will post it anyway. Would like to see a change in the format on how finalists are chosen for championship finals. Instead of multiple qualifying tournaments where winner gets a seat to the final have 15-20 or more qualifying tournaments where the finalists are determined by the cumulative total of all the qualifying events. The qualifying tournaments would be single entry with a reasonable entry fee. I think this format would truly bring the best players (not saying that all past final participants are not good) to the finals instead of the ones with the best computer programs or largest bankrolls. Should the Cleveland Browns get a trip to the Superbowl because they upset the Patriots in week 3? It would truly bring strategy to the forefront with single entry. Would you play these like a gpp or a cash game? I know the current qualifying tournaments are cash cows for the industry but this is just food for thought.

• flip4flop

Single entry qualifiers would come at a high entry fee so only the highest bank rolls could afford it. I dont think you could get enough unique entries to lower the entry fee to some reasonable. This would create multiply mass entry satellites for the single entry events, basically the same problem with one more step.

• rj3494

Maybe reserve a few of the seats to the final with this format. Understand might be difficult to generate enough entry fees to support large payout at championship event with single entry qualifiers.

• einars

@rj3494 said...

The qualifying tournaments would be single entry with a reasonable entry fee.

THIS^^^^ we should have TEN MAN tournaments that cost $5 and the winner should get the 30K seat. NO MORE FAVORITISM TO THE GOOD PLAYERS WHO HAVE BIG BANKROLLS

• Dizzlewizzle

@einars said...

THIS^^^^ we should have TEN MAN tournaments that cost $5 and the winner should get the 30K seat. NO MORE FAVORITISM TO THE GOOD PLAYERS WHO HAVE BIG BANKROLLS

You mean like the steps tourneys DK does? I’d be ok with that. I don’t see any incentive for the sites to change but I agree with the line of thinking. No reason they can’t take a seat or two and mix up the structure a bit. How about a 3 day or 7 day survivor, 3 day cumulative, whatever else somebody comes up with. As a micro stakes player I really have no shot with the current structure. I will say that I feel like its my problem and not DK’s. They set the structure, its my job to figure out how to win a seat if I want one bad enough.

• einars

@Dizzlewizzle said...

You mean like the steps tourneys DK does? I’d be ok with that. I don’t see any incentive for the sites to change but I agree with the line of thinking. No reason they can’t take a seat or two and mix up the structure a bit. How about a 3 day or 7 day survivor, 3 day cumulative, whatever else somebody comes up with. As a micro stakes player I really have no shot with the current structure. I will say that I feel like its my problem and not DK’s. They set the structure, its my job to figure out how to win a seat if I want one bad enough.

…..no it was sarcasm. people always complain about multi entry (but s/e doesnt fill) and complain that there are 1000s of entries in the Q. the package is worth 25Kish…means you have to pull in at least 30k or so of entries to pay for the ticket and rake.

i 100% agree with the last part of your statement

“ As a micro stakes player I really have no shot with the current structure. I will say that I feel like its my problem and not DK’s. They set the structure, its my job to figure out how to win a seat if I want one bad enough.”

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).