PGA FORUM

Comments

• kps3205s

I want to thank timusbr for running this in the past and assisting me with some initial info and past records. Just letting you all know I am gladly taking over the #BeatTheForum voluntary contest for 2020. If there is a specific tournament you would like please post your request on this thread as it is a first come first serve.

There is no set amount you must volunteer but instead volunteer what you are comfortable with. I do ask if at all possible to spread the voluntary challenges out over various price points.

Below is the schedule starting with the first full field event.

I am keeping the WGC events if anyone wants to volunteer for those events but not sure we can really do anything with the match play event.

I will keep the Olympic golf event on the schedule just in case.

If there are suggestions or questions please post them here also.

I will keep everyone’s records updated and will post on each Monday a reminder in that week’s tournament forum who’s the volunteer for the week and the results of the previous week as soon as I get them.

I wish you all and your families a great Holiday season along with a successful 2020 PGA DFS season and many thanks to everyone who cares to join this forum weekly event…..Kevin

Jan 9 – 12 Sony Open in Hawaii
    Jan 16 – 19 Desert Classic
    Jan 23 – 26 Farmers Insurance Open——tristanwolf—— 13-7
    Jan 30 – Feb 2 Waste Management Phoenix Open ——— Wander_Bread———- 13-27
    Feb 6 – 9 AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am ———-BIF ——— 36-5
    Feb 13 – 16 The Genesis Invitational ——- mccoolio ——- 5-29
    Feb 20 – 23 World Golf Championships-Mexico Championship ——-hbomb57 ——- 11-15
    Feb 20 – 23 Puerto Rico Open
    Feb 27 – Mar 1 The Honda Classic ——-BrianVT ——— 18-9
    Mar 5 – 8 Arnold Palmer Invitational presented by Mastercard ——-Dunzor——— 17-12
    Mar 12 – 15 THE PLAYERS Championship ———kps3205s——— CANCELLED
    Mar 19 – 22 Valspar Championship—— sleDwreckerZ ———- CANCELLED
    Mar 26 – 29 World Golf Championships-Dell Technologies Match Play
    Mar 26 – 29 Corales Puntacana Resort & Club Championship——-eruthruff——- CANCELLED
    Apr 2 – 5 Valero Texas Open —— MrBreeze ——- CANCELLED
    Apr 9 – 12 Masters Tournament ———BerkleyBoss————
    Apr 16 – 19 RBC Heritage ——-smallANDflacid——-
    Apr 23 – 26 Zurich Classic of New Orleans
    Apr 30 – May 3 Wells Fargo Championship ———jk1492———
    May 7 – 10 AT&T Byron Nelson —————-byo34 —————-
    May 14 – 17 PGA Championship ——Hyak420 ——-
    May 21 – 24 Charles Schwab Challenge ——- SleDwrekerZ ——-
    May 28 – 31 Rocket Mortgage Classic ——- MrBreeze ——-
    Jun 4 – 7 The Memorial Tournament presented by Nationwide ———- titanhawks ———-
    Jun 11 – 14 RBC Canadian Open ——- kp3205s ——-
    Jun 18 – 21 U.S. Open ——- whodat2 ——-

NEW SCHEDULE
    Jun 11-14 Charles Schwab Challenge ——- SleDwrekerZ ——- 5-12
    Jun 18-21 RBC Heritage ——-smallANDflacid——- 6-9
    Jun 25 – 28 Travelers Championship ——-lfn1992 ———
    Jul 2 – 5 Rocket Mortgage Classic ——- MrBreeze ——- 1-19
    Jul 9 – 12 John Deere Classic —— Herf ——- 12-8
    Jul 16 – 19 The Memorial Tournament presented by Nationwide — titanhawks — 7-19
    Jul 23 – 26 3M Open ——- RudyPujols ——— 12-11
    Jul 30 – 2 World Golf Championships-FedEx St. Jude Invitational ——- mtdurham ——-
    Aug 6 – 9 PGA Championship ——Hyak420 ——- 19-8
    Aug 13 – 16 Wyndham Championship ——-DeadBenjamin——- 6-12
    Aug 20 – 23 THE NORTHERN TRUST ——- mitchsnyderdfw ——- 13-9
    Aug 27 – 30 BMW Championship
    Sept 3 – 6 TOUR Championship

• sochoice

• 2017 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• 2017 FanDuel WFFC Champion

Perhaps explain what exactly this is for those who haven’t run across it before. Thanks.

• Wander_Bread

I’ll take the Waste Management…. thanks for taking this over KPS

• byo34

I’m in for the Byron Nelson!

• titanhawks

We won’t get the Zurich team event either but I’ll get in this year and take the Memorial

• kps3205s

@sochoice said...

Perhaps explain what exactly this is for those who haven’t run across it before. Thanks.

My apologies.

So each week of the season a person who is in the RG Golf Forum League can volunteer for a specific tournament in which they put up H2H contests so that other members of the forum league can compete against the volunteer for the week. When I did it my week I did a range of $1-$5 H2H to equal $100. This is why I put it out now so people can claim a specific tournament early as only 1 member can claim that week for the #BeattheForum contest.

After the tournament is over the person who put up the H2H that week just reports what their final record was for the week.

Out of the 25 weeks there were contests this past season only 9 times did the challenger have a winning record vs forum members that week.

It’s a fun way to get into a H2H among the people on the forum sharing intel and such each week. For me it also gave me an insight to other’s lineups that I wouldn’t be able to view since I stay on the low end of the GPP cost spectrum only.

Hope this helps and if you have any other questions let me know.

• kps3205s

Wander_Bread, byo34 and titanhawks you are all confirmed as I edited the schedule up top to show your week.

Many thanks.

• sochoice

• 2017 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• 2017 FanDuel WFFC Champion

@kps3205s said...

My apologies.

So each week of the season a person who is in the RG Golf Forum League can volunteer for a specific tournament in which they put up H2H contests so that other members of the forum league can compete against the volunteer for the week. When I did it my week I did a range of $1-$5 H2H to equal $100. This is why I put it out now so people can claim a specific tournament early as only 1 member can claim that week for the #BeattheForum contest.

After the tournament is over the person who put up the H2H that week just reports what their final record was for the week.

Out of the 25 weeks there were contests this past season only 9 times did the challenger have a winning record vs forum members that week.

It’s a fun way to get into a H2H among the people on the forum sharing intel and such each week. For me it also gave me an insight to other’s lineups that I wouldn’t be able to view since I stay on the low end of the GPP cost spectrum only.

Hope this helps and if you have any other questions let me know.

Sounds fun! And thanks for the clarity.

• BIF

I’ll take Pebble again this year (Feb 6-9)

• BerkeleyBoss

I’ll do the Masters

• kps3205s

I will be taking The Player’s Championship.

BIF and BerkleyBoss you are confirmed

• DeadBenjamin

I’ll take the Wyndham

• timusbr

I would Love the Olympics, cant get enough of anything Olympic. IMHO this is a great H2H event for those like me who say they are Gpp players.

• kps3205s

DeadBenjamin and timusbr you are both confirmed.

• MrBreeze

Pencil me in for the Valero Texas Open

• whodat2

I’ll take the Player’s Championship at TPC Sawgrass.

• whodat2

@whodat2 said...

I’ll take the Player’s Championship at TPC Sawgrass.

Never Mind, I see you have it…….. give me the US Open.

• kps3205s

MrBreeze and whodat2 you are both confirmed.

• Hyak420

I’ll take the PGA Championship, thanks for keeping this going.

• kps3205s

Hyak420 you are confirmed

• kbarnhill7523

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

• x2

2017 FanDuel WFBBC Finalist

I’ll take The Open Championship

• mccoolio

Ill gladly do the Genesis Inv

• kps3205s

kbarnhill7523 and mccoolio are both confirmed

• mtdurham

I’ll take st jude since someone grabbed the wyndham

• BrianVT

Yo, I’ll take the Honda

• BrianVT

Is there a Sentry Tournament of Champions Jan 2-5? Does DK not do that one? Can’t remember.

Edit: Nevermind – I think you’re trying to keep it to full-field / cut type of events

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.