PGA FORUM

Comments

• kps3205s

I want to thank timusbr for running this in the past and assisting me with some initial info and past records. Just letting you all know I am gladly taking over the #BeatTheForum voluntary contest for 2020. If there is a specific tournament you would like please post your request on this thread as it is a first come first serve.

There is no set amount you must volunteer but instead volunteer what you are comfortable with. I do ask if at all possible to spread the voluntary challenges out over various price points.

Below is the schedule starting with the first full field event.

I am keeping the WGC events if anyone wants to volunteer for those events but not sure we can really do anything with the match play event.

I will keep the Olympic golf event on the schedule just in case.

If there are suggestions or questions please post them here also.

I will keep everyone’s records updated and will post on each Monday a reminder in that week’s tournament forum who’s the volunteer for the week and the results of the previous week as soon as I get them.

I wish you all and your families a great Holiday season along with a successful 2020 PGA DFS season and many thanks to everyone who cares to join this forum weekly event…..Kevin

Jan 9 – 12 Sony Open in Hawaii
    Jan 16 – 19 Desert Classic
    Jan 23 – 26 Farmers Insurance Open——tristanwolf—— 13-7
    Jan 30 – Feb 2 Waste Management Phoenix Open ——— Wander_Bread———- 13-27
    Feb 6 – 9 AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am ———-BIF ——— 36-5
    Feb 13 – 16 The Genesis Invitational ——- mccoolio ——- 5-29
    Feb 20 – 23 World Golf Championships-Mexico Championship ——-hbomb57 ——- 11-15
    Feb 20 – 23 Puerto Rico Open
    Feb 27 – Mar 1 The Honda Classic ——-BrianVT ——— 18-9
    Mar 5 – 8 Arnold Palmer Invitational presented by Mastercard ——-Dunzor——— 17-12
    Mar 12 – 15 THE PLAYERS Championship ———kps3205s——— CANCELLED
    Mar 19 – 22 Valspar Championship—— sleDwreckerZ ———- CANCELLED
    Mar 26 – 29 World Golf Championships-Dell Technologies Match Play
    Mar 26 – 29 Corales Puntacana Resort & Club Championship——-eruthruff——- CANCELLED
    Apr 2 – 5 Valero Texas Open —— MrBreeze ——- CANCELLED
    Apr 9 – 12 Masters Tournament ———BerkleyBoss————
    Apr 16 – 19 RBC Heritage ——-smallANDflacid——-
    Apr 23 – 26 Zurich Classic of New Orleans
    Apr 30 – May 3 Wells Fargo Championship ———jk1492———
    May 7 – 10 AT&T Byron Nelson —————-byo34 —————-
    May 14 – 17 PGA Championship ——Hyak420 ——-
    May 21 – 24 Charles Schwab Challenge ——- SleDwrekerZ ——-
    May 28 – 31 Rocket Mortgage Classic ——- MrBreeze ——-
    Jun 4 – 7 The Memorial Tournament presented by Nationwide ———- titanhawks ———-
    Jun 11 – 14 RBC Canadian Open ——- kp3205s ——-
    Jun 18 – 21 U.S. Open ——- whodat2 ——-

NEW SCHEDULE
    Jun 11-14 Charles Schwab Challenge ——- SleDwrekerZ ——- 5-12
    Jun 18-21 RBC Heritage ——-smallANDflacid——- 6-9
    Jun 25 – 28 Travelers Championship ——-lfn1992 ———
    Jul 2 – 5 Rocket Mortgage Classic ——- MrBreeze ——- 1-19
    Jul 9 – 12 John Deere Classic —— Herf ——- 12-8
    Jul 16 – 19 The Memorial Tournament presented by Nationwide — titanhawks — 7-19
    Jul 23 – 26 3M Open ——- RudyPujols ——— 12-11
    Jul 30 – 2 World Golf Championships-FedEx St. Jude Invitational ——- mtdurham ——-
    Aug 6 – 9 PGA Championship ——Hyak420 ——- 19-8
    Aug 13 – 16 Wyndham Championship ——-DeadBenjamin——- 6-12
    Aug 20 – 23 THE NORTHERN TRUST ——- mitchsnyderdfw ——- 13-9
    Aug 27 – 30 BMW Championship
    Sept 3 – 6 TOUR Championship

• kps3205s

After 2 weeks Forum 34 Volunteers 26

• mccoolio

Volunteers bout to make a run, starting this week…Lets go BIF

• BIF

@mccoolio said...

Volunteers bout to make a run, starting this week…Lets go BIF

Yup – I did my part ! The Final tally this week

BIF 36
    Forum 5

• RudyPujols

I’ll take the 3M, kp.

At least I can rack up birdies and watch Old Man Lehman roll in some puts while the Forum takes my $.

• kps3205s

@RudyPujols said...

I’ll take the 3M, kp.

At least I can rack up birdies and watch Old Man Lehman roll in some puts while the Forum takes my $.

You are confirmed.

Many thanks and good luck.

• tristanwolf

****n mind****

• MrBreeze

My event has been cancelled!

move me to the Rocket Mortgage Classic please

• kps3205s

@MrBreeze said...

My event has been cancelled!

move me to the Rocket Mortgage Classic please

You are confirmed. Many thanks.

• SleDwreckerZ

Mine was cancelled (Valspar). I’d like to take the next one that is still available. Looks like maybe Zurich???

• bigez952

@SleDwreckerZ said...

Mine was cancelled (Valspar). I’d like to take the next one that is still available. Looks like maybe Zurich???

Zurich is that team event and DK has never offered contests that week so you will likely have to go down the list some more.

• SleDwreckerZ

Yeah, was wondering about that.

…How about Charles Schwab? Is that available?

• kps3205s

@SleDwreckerZ said...

Yeah, was wondering about that.

…How about Charles Schwab? Is that available?

Yes. You are confirmed and many thanks.

• Herf

@mitchsnyderdfw said...

Put me down for the Charles Schwab.

I thought this member had the Charles Schwab

• Herf

I’ll take the John Deere Classic if it’s available.

• kps3205s

@Herf said...

I’ll take the John Deere Classic if it’s available.

• kps3205s

@Herf said...

I thought this member had the Charles Schwab

I never confirmed it and didn’t even know that I missed any others until just now with you mentioning it. So….

@mitchsnyderdfw do you still want Charles Schwab???

• Herf

@kps3205s said...

Sounds great! Thanks!

• titanhawks

Now that we have a revised schedule which still may be subject to change I think we need to revise the BTF contests as to the preferences on who wants to keep tournaments that have moved to other dates or who wants to keep their dates regardless of which tournament landed there and create a new list of volunteers

For example, I for one would like to keep the Memorial Tournament even though it moved from June 4-7 to July 16-19 except for the fact that kbarnhill7523 has those dates reserved which was for The Open which is now cancelled

• BIF

@titanhawks said...

Now that we have a revised schedule which still may be subject to change I think we need to revise the BTF contests as to the preferences on who wants to keep tournaments that have moved to other dates or who wants to keep their dates regardless of which tournament landed there and create a new list of volunteers

For example, I for one would like to keep the Memorial Tournament even though it moved from June 4-7 to July 16-19 except for the fact that kbarnhill7523 has those dates reserved which was for The Open which is now cancelled

I think people selected their choice based on Tournament/Location and not based on the Date so I would just chop off the old schedule and add the new schedule and copy over the people who selected a tourney that is still being played – if people selected The Masters, The Open, RBC Canadian, etc.. they will either have to pick a new event or miss the party this season. If you had the Schwab or Memorial and it is still being played (albeit on a diff date) then it’s still yours.

The positive is that the 2020-21 season starts immediately after the Tour Championship with no offseason break and we can fire up the bigger and better 2020-21Beat The Forum with 6 majors in one season !

• titanhawks

Also we need to be aware that some who previousy commited may not be able to do so now under current conditions and those players whose tourneys were cancelled and want to can pick another when available weeks are updated

• timusbr

Its a tough call to a volunteer(kps3205) who wants the BTF contest to succeed. You need the most important person each week…. the “volunteer”. Some volunteers are going to get slighted. we now have less contests than volunteers.

So no matter what happens someone COULD get slighted.
    (LOL Im sorry Kbarnhill but it seems you get screwed again. Never intentional but its damn hard to get you a contest this would be 2 years in a row)

I think overwhelmingly, people chose tournament/venue. I hope if at all possible those people keep those events.
    when the first week actually starts to play. a new thread is created for the new reality. kps3205s has done a great job and been as fair as possible. I support any decisions he will be forced to make as to who and what event.

where I ignored the first 10 or so events during football season and started Jan 1 for the TOC, BIF is spot on that we can use these events. (I think NFL season is a question mark).

• kps3205s

I hope everyone is doing great and being safe out there. I do apologize for the delay.

My belief is that we should keep everyone tied to the tournaments they volunteered for and I have revised the schedule above to show that. There are 3 events, the last 3 of the season, that do not have volunteers and it will be a first come first serve when posted on this page if anyone would like to volunteer. If I made any mistakes let me know.

I ask that the current volunteers under the new schedule please post on here whether or not you will still be volunteering for your event. In the case that a volunteer can’t volunteer, I will announce post there is an open event and again first come first serve.

I am trying to keep it as fair as possible and if there are any questions, comments or concerns feel free to post them here so that they can be discussed.

I appreciate everyone’s patience and wish all of you and your families great fortunes ahead when we get back to a somewhat normal way of life.

• titanhawks

Thanks and I’ll keep the Memorial July 16-19 and kbarnhill can grab any of the last three if he wants them

• Hyak420

I’m still in for the PGA championship if played. Hope ya’ll are doing well and staying safe. Cheers!

• kps3205s

titanhawks and Hyak420 many thanks and stay safe.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.