INDUSTRY FORUM

Comments

• Maxkim

I’ve played around a bit with fantasyaces, yahoo, and victiv (rip) but what’s the consensus on the best sites left in New York now that draftkings and fanduel aren’t options?

• skinnyskins

NFL Feud of Champions ($100K) Winner

Personally I am not a big MLB guy but I do like to mess around with some PGA every now and then so the fact that Aces has PGA will probably grab most of my action for the time being.

• VChair23

I’m interested in everyone’s take on this. I am personally waiting a bit before depositing anywhere else since I’ve pulled all my money off DK. I would not be surprised if the smaller sites followed DK/FD lead here and we weren’t able to play there either.

• Galante118

• Blogger of the Month

Wait for official word from Aces and/or Yahoo.We should know well before baseball begins where they stand.

• ChaosM83

RG Overall Ranking

I’d be interested where Fantasy Feud stands as a Canadian company.

• lggarruto

RG Overall Ranking

Why would it be illegal for the big 2 but legal for others? What the hell sense does that make? Its either illegal for all or legal for all NO?

• britdevine

• 2014 StarStreet MLB Playboy Mansion Finalist

I’d expect every site to pull out of NY fairly quickly guys, dont get your hopes up.

Contact your representatives asking for legislation

• falldown

“Following yesterday’s announcement that FanDuel and DraftKings will follow the law and stop taking bets in New York State, Yahoo has now informed my office that it will do the same,” Attorney General Eric Schneiderman said in a statement.

:(

• TheKris

I figured that I’d turn a negative into a positive and use this time to try out sites I hadn’t played on before. I already have an account through Aces and enjoy their site. Thinking of either trying out FantasyDraft or DraftPot. I just heard that Fantasy Feud and Yahoo have ceased operations in NY.

• FrancisBooth

@TheKris said...

I figured that I’d turn a negative into a positive and use this time to try out sites I hadn’t played on before. I already have an account through Aces and enjoy their site. Thinking of either trying out FantasyDraft or DraftPot. I just heard that Fantasy Feud and Yahoo have ceased operations in NY.

I haven’t tried Fantasydraft in a few months but I remember they pulled out of ny in the fall. Not sure if that changed or not. Right now FantasyAces appears to be the best bet but this is obviously a fluid situation.

I just sent a support ticket to FantasyAces to see if we can get a little clarity today. I will post on here if and when they respond.

• jlowery73

2012 DDC Main Event Champion

• 2014 FAFC Finalist

• x3

2015 FACFC Finalist

Hate to be a downer in a terrible situation but I’ll be shocked if ANY site takes business from NY residents by the weekend. It’s bad news for not just NY but the entire country as it will likely set course of action for other states.

• SouthernShield

@jlowery73 said...

Hate to be a downer in a terrible situation but I’ll be shocked if ANY site takes business from NY residents by the weekend. It’s bad news for not just NY but the entire country as it will likely set course of action for other states.

Total over-reaction. This a a NY only thing that is good news long-term.

• Cityworkout

It is probably better to handle this and get legislation passed for NY.

• FrancisBooth

This is what a FantasyAces rep just told me….
    “We are still operating in New York at the moment until further notice so NY residents are able to deposit and play on ACES. Our legal and management team are reviewing the NY issue. Should we need to cease operations in that state, we will make an announcement. In any case, you will have access to your funds if we can no longer operate in NY. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.”
    Safe for today at the least.

• csmaniac

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #81

RG Tiered Ranking

I’m still a little unsure about this but can anyone clarify? I live in NY but I live about five minutes from the NJ border. If I drive into NJ and go somewhere with wifi I should have 0 problems depositing/making lineups/playing on FD or DK?

• TheKris

@csmaniac said...

I’m still a little unsure about this but can anyone clarify? I live in NY but I live about five minutes from the NJ border. If I drive into NJ and go somewhere with wifi I should have 0 problems depositing/making lineups/playing on FD or DK?

Correct. But you will have to restart your device before it registers you in NJ. I live on the PA border and it works when I do that.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).