BANKROLL FORUM

• eperson911

What’s the better game to play if you are trying to grind out a profit, 50/50s or double ups? I know my odds are better in 50\50s, but I like that the win profit is the same amount as a loss in Double Ups.

Thanks.

• gibby84

Depends how often you hover around the bubble in 50/50s. I personally prefer double ups, as I am rarely around the bubble. I’m either comfortably cashing or well below the cash line in either format.

Let your past results determine what the right course if action is for you.

• rotoryan

@eperson911 said...

What’s the better game to play if you are trying to grind out a profit, 50/50s or double ups? I know my odds are better in 50\50s, but I like that the win profit is the same amount as a loss in Double Ups.

Thanks.

May not be the simple answer you would like to hear, but it depends on the player. If you are consistently scoring in the upper range of your 50/50s then perhaps you would be more profitable playing double ups. However, if you are not hitting a high % of your 50/50s and finishing in the upper range then double ups are probably not a good idea.

Obviously an appropriate sample size to analyze your results would allow you to make a better decision.

• btwice80

Why do you have to choose? Just play both.

• rgyanks

Also can depend on which site you are playing on. On FD, the rake for 50/50 is 10%, but for their guaranteed double-ups, it is around 11.3% (can vary depending on price point). That 1.3% might not seem like much, but if you are talking about grinding, that can make a big difference.

• rotoryan

@rgyanks said...

Also can depend on which site you are playing on. On FD, the rake for 50/50 is 10%, but for their guaranteed double-ups, it is around 11.3% (can vary depending on price point). That 1.3% might not seem like much, but if you are talking about grinding, that can make a big difference.

Great point. Definitely have to keep your eye on the rake for double ups, especially the large field ones.

• eperson911

I think I am leaning towards double ups over 50/50s. I think the extra 10% per win in double ups will end up being more than the number of times I finish in the 45-50% range that would cash 50/50s. I am very rarely that close to the cut off.

After grinding DK 50/50s in baseball all season, it seemed to work against me that wins were worth less then losses. I was wondering if double ups would help avoid some of that.

Thanks again for the advice.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).