MAIN FORUM

Comments

• bbbomb

• Blogger of the Month

DraftKings finally pushed through contests for this week, with big changes.

-Rosters will now consist of 6 fighters

-Fighters in each event will accumulate points as follows:

Moves Scoring

Significant Strikes (SS): +0.5 PTS
    Advance (ADVC): +3 PT
    Takedown (TD): +5 PTS
    Reversal/Sweep (REV): +5 PTS
    Knockdown (KD): +10 PTS
    Fight Conclusion Bonuses

1st Round Win (1rW+): +90 PTS
    2nd Round Win (2rW+): +70 PTS
    3rd Round Win (3rW+): +45 PTS
    4th Round Win (4rW+): +40 PTS
    5th Round Win (5rW+): +40 PTS
    Decision Win (WBD+) : +30 PTS

• MMathison04

Going to be interesting once the salaries come out. Going to bring more high strike rate fighters who go to a decision.

• MMathison04

And I am pleasantly surprised with the amounts on the contests. I figured they would scale way back.

• fg_311

6 fighters is a lot imo, as it is fighter pool is small and then fights get pulled a lot from cards

• bbbomb

• Blogger of the Month

I think the 6 fighter roster will help reduce ties, so I’m all for that. It will take some time to adjust to the scoring.

• zelda3024

What is everyone’s thoughts on the new scoring system?

ROSTER REQUIREMENTS
    Rosters will consist of 6 Fighters.
    SCORING RULES
    Fighters in each event will accumulate points as follows:

Moves Scoring

Significant Strikes (SS): +0.5 PTS
    Advance (ADVC): +3 PT
    Takedown (TD): +5 PTS
    Reversal/Sweep (REV): +5 PTS
    Knockdown (KD): +10 PTS
    Fight Conclusion Bonuses

1st Round Win (1rW+): +90 PTS
    2nd Round Win (2rW+): +70 PTS
    3rd Round Win (3rW+): +45 PTS
    4th Round Win (4rW+): +40 PTS
    5th Round Win (5rW+): +40 PTS
    Decision Win (WBD+) : +30 PTS
    Scoring Notes:
    Significant Strikes are any Distance Strike or Clinch/Ground Strikes that are considered “Power Strikes” by official scorers.
    Advances include:
    To Half Guard
    To Side Control
    To Mount
    To Back Control
    Player Lock Notes: All fighters lock at the time the first fight starts in an event.

• MrFantasy

If I were more knowledgeable about MMA/UFC I’d like the 6 fighter change more than I do. I’ve only started watching UFC a few weeks ago so the simplicity of the 5 fighters was nice. Once I have a clue I’m sure I’ll like the switch to 6 fighters more.
    Fewer ties will be nice.

• bbbomb

• Blogger of the Month

Also they announced a LIVE final in New York for UFC 205, only 8 contestants but that’s dopeeee

• MMathison04

I honestly think it will create more ties, but I hop I am wrong.

• CactusJack2

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 NASCAR Live Finalist

Love the 6 fighters…but the biggest impact for me is the bump I need to give wrestlers. More points for TD and everything on the ground. Interesting to see this play out.

• 13nutz

Looks like they added a live event qualifier for UFC 205

• zelda3024

@13nutz said...

Looks like they added a live event qualifier for UFC 205

Nice, I seen that I just posted it’s own topic thread. I just hope all the seats are not just 300.00 Qualifiers…

• afcangelo

Other than the new 6 fighter card obviously, what jumps out immediately to me is how valuable takedowns and advances are now. (+5/+3) compared to only .5 per SS, which remains the same. Slight change to the finishing aspect, but for the most part that remains virtually the same. +5 for takedowns though I really like. Advances too for +3, it’s going to force players to become more knowledgeable about MMA as a whole, instead of only targeting high output strikers.

I was already excited about this card, now I’m even more so, gonna be real interesting to see how this new system plays out

• bbbomb

• Blogger of the Month

Here’s an episode of The Daily Fantasy MMA Podcast gravycakes and I recorded, talking scoring changes, fights, and a special announcement! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpjbaOFr0F8

• golferdude31

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #91

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2016 King of Summer Champion

Not a huge fan of the new scoring system. I don’t think it will reward the fighters that have early finishes as much now even though that is technically the most dominant fighter and should be rewarded as such. By giving so many points for other stuff and REDUCING the bonus you get for a first round finish, someone who wins a boring decision could actually outscore someone who wins in a quick 1st round KO if the decision includes a fair amount of striking, takedowns and advances. I think that actually makes it more of a crapshoot in the sense that you could now lose DK contests with more dominant fighters to fighters that scrape out late round finishes and/or decisions.

• Spaventoso

special announcement! you now have to pay for previously free content! awesome!

• bigloser11

@MMathison04 said...

I honestly think it will create more ties, but I hop I am wrong.

6 fighters in a 12 card event is more likely than 5 in a 12 to make more ties.

• Zer0DayDan

Do you think having six fighters per roster will end the Main Card only contests? DraftKings just seems to randomly throw them up with only a few hours to spare.

• th3goat84

@bigloser11 said...

6 fighters in a 12 card event is more likely than 5 in a 12 to make more ties.

Agreed. I like the scoring changes but not the 6 fighters. But I could be wrong and we could barely every see any ties…

• bbbomb

• Blogger of the Month

@Spaventoso said...

There will be plenty of free content.

And we are now introducing Expert Rankings and Projections along with more articles and features, and you can get it all for less than $5. I think that’s pretty cool.

@Spaventoso – And I work really hard to create the content so people like you can win money. Hope you check it out.

• bbbomb

• Blogger of the Month

@Spaventoso said...

blank

• zelda3024

What I love about this is it gives people another avenue to travel down… With a new scoring system the work to make a winning card will take more time so why not make paid for content and besides they are not going to hound you to pay anything if you do not want to…

Look I started out red hot when I got into MMA DK fantasy. But truth be told it tough sometimes on your own to make a great card. Outside the box with hopes of what has happened with upsets… You never know what that paid content could be holding… That’s the Beauty…

• zelda3024

Oh and P.S I wasted 5 bucks plenty of times Just on Santos and Smolka :))) But it’s that future 5 dollar bill that’s gonna net me another nice size profit….

• Ronnyb

I like the scoring system change it means you can choose who will win rather than who will finish early. Ie in this one I could go with a viera but prior to this It wasn’t worth it because she would be 50 points max in a win

• Ronnyb

@Zer0DayDan said...

Do you think having six fighters per roster will end the Main Card only contests? DraftKings just seems to randomly throw them up with only a few hours to spare.

I was thinking the same thing. Interestingly 205 is a 6 fight main card and some fight.l nights are 6 fights

• MMathison04

@Spaventoso said...

I’ sure it won’t be that expensive. And, its completely worth it. I have won several thousand dollars reading BBBomb columns. A small negligible fee won’t stop me. I am happy for Brett. He deserves it.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).