Hello fellow Grinders,
After extensive review of the series of resources referenced below I have come to the following painful conclusion.
The DFS sites need to suspend NFL and NCAA contests immediately (I hate the thought of this).
Right now, both leagues are undoubtedly experiencing a nice surge in TV ratings that some would argue is a direct result of DFS.
Kill these contests (especially the NFL) and the immediate dip in TV ratings and waning public interest (Social Media twitter, facebook) the Networks will begin to apply pressure on the NFL and NCAA to abandon their anti-gambling stances.
Why is this the most important domino to fall? Aside from the NFL being the most successful sports league they
are really the only major league standing in the way of the legalization of sports betting across the USA.
DFS needs to hedge its bets so that in the event that it identified as an evil step brother of Gambling instead of a distant cousin it will still be well positioned to continue.
The seven DFS battlefronts I propose are as follows:
1. Continue to support of UIGEA “Game of Skill” legislation because IT IS.
2. Support the PPA (Poker Player Alliance) “Legalization of online poker” because IT IS also skills based.
3. Support legalization of nation wide sports betting (garner State and Public support)
4. Support compensation of NCAA athletes (Supports the legalization of sports betting)
5. Support regulation of the DFS industry (Bureaucracy sucks a$$ but the DFS industry has dropped the ball once too many times which is why i stopped publishing my own DFS results a while back).
6. Boycott any organization or bias media outlets (Vegas Sands Casinos & NY Times comes to mind) that have campaigned against the industry on behalf of their self-interest).
7. Lobby against any politician and commission that opposes DFS and/or sports gambling legalization
I am confident and hopeful that the far more superior Game Theorists and Strategist on this site could greatly expand upon these strategies.
Yes there is great risk involved in the approaches listed but many of the States are starving for tax revenue so the only opposition may come from the old money Las Vegas power brokers.
Just my two cents…thanks for your consideration.