NASCAR FORUM

Comments

• ifthethunder

9/17/20 (Trucks) 7:45 PM UNOH 200

9/18/20 (XFIN) 7:00 PM Food City 300

9/19/20 (CUP) 7:40 PM Bass Pro Shops NRA Night Race 500
    ~

• ifthethunder

Did I ever tell you about the time I won $11 in quarter jukebox on a Trucks race? Also won a NAS $12 Front Row Ticket in a dime contest. Not bad for 70 cents in total entry fleas spent on two lineups.

https://www.draftkings.com/contest/gamecenter/92207029?uc=2221893602#/
    ~

• winnerchickendinner

Lets see if Jimmie Johnson can return to form this week. Has some upside from that 24 spot.

• tmquint11

@winnerchickendinner said...

Lets see if Jimmie Johnson can return to form this week. Has some upside from that 24 spot.

I’m going to be tinkering with my LU right up until lock deciding whether or not to play him

• winnerchickendinner

@tmquint11 said...

I’m going to be tinkering with my LU right up until lock deciding whether or not to play him

Yeah him and Ryan Blaney have be going back and forth in the thought process of can they get out of the rut this race. Top guys are pretty obvious and should be easy to pick.

• ifthethunder

I feel required by the laws of etiquette to mention whether I’m playing Wrecky Stinkhouse. Of course, we all hate him for his wreck-full, wremorseless style.

But sometimes he is in winning DFS lineups. This race might be one of them.
    ~

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #85

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@ifthethunder said...

Did I ever tell you about the time I won $11 in quarter jukebox on a Trucks race? Also won a NAS $12 Front Row Ticket in a dime contest. Not bad for 70 cents in total entry fleas spent on two lineups.

https://www.draftkings.com/contest/gamecenter/92207029?uc=2221893602#/
    ~

Good work!

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #85

RG Tiered Ranking

@ifthethunder said...

I feel required by the laws of etiquette to mention whether I’m playing Wrecky Stinkhouse. Of course, we all hate him for his wreck-full, wremorseless style.

But sometimes he is in winning DFS lineups. This race might be one of them.
    ~

Haven’t looked yet, but pretty sure Stenhouse does really well here, so probably worth the play. Stenhouse is this anomaly, that does better in races where everyone wrecks. Bristol, the super speedways, he’s gold. Places where there’s no wrecks, he manages to wreck. It’s just weird.

• Wooden_Bones

So what’s the consensus on Allgaier? Is he going to rack up the laps led points with a top ten finish, or crash and DNF?

I’m leaning the former and going with some (hopefully) easy dominator points.

EDIT: I’m talking today’s Xfinity race.

• winnerchickendinner

@Wooden_Bones said...

So what’s the consensus on Allgaier? Is he going to rack up the laps led points with a top ten finish, or crash and DNF?

I’m leaning the former and going with some (hopefully) easy dominator points.

Hopefully he is a dominator. Xfinity has been a trainwreck for me for this season.

• ifthethunder

@Wooden_Bones said...

I understand this reference! Mostly, I only play the Cup races. I have little insight, info, or sources on the others, so I tend to shy away. Thanks to Trucks, I have some pocket change to try on XFIn tonight.

I’ll play Allgaier. And add some Anthony Alfredo sauce.
    ~

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #85

RG Tiered Ranking

@Pandamonious said...

Haven’t looked yet, but pretty sure Stenhouse does really well here, so probably worth the play. Stenhouse is this anomaly, that does better in races where everyone wrecks. Bristol, the super speedways, he’s gold. Places where there’s no wrecks, he manages to wreck. It’s just weird.

OK, Stenhouse is a mixed bag here, and not as strong overall as I thought. Does have multiple top 10’s though, but it’s been a while.

34, 33, 33, 24, 4, 14, 9, 2 in his last 8 here, starting with the most recent.

• Wooden_Bones

@ifthethunder said...

I understand this reference! Mostly, I only play the Cup races. I have little insight, info, or sources on the others, so I tend to shy away. Thanks to Trucks, I have some pocket change to try on XFIn tonight.

I’ll play Allgaier. And add some Anthony Alfredo sauce.
    ~

Alfredo is the one driver I’m nervous not rostering. At $8500 I’m not fitting him in any lineups I like.

He hasn’t race in a series at Bristol bigger than K&N, and he finished 18th in that race. I’m siding with inexperience resulting in a lower finish for him. Although, he will have a car with the speed for a top ten finish.

• ifthethunder

@Wooden_Bones said...

Alfredo is the one driver I’m nervous not rostering. At $8500 I’m not fitting him in any lineups I like.

He hasn’t race in a series at Bristol bigger than K&N, and he finished 18th in that race. I’m siding with inexperience resulting in a lower finish for him. Although, he will have a car with the speed for a top ten finish.

Right now I just have the one lineup for XFIN. I’d rather have two, though. So I need to pick a pivot of Allgaier and off Alfredo. Still got some time to get to that.

P.S. So I made another lineup without the sauce. Crammed both Allgaier and Chastain into it. Smart? Don’t know, but I’m just risking some pocket change.
    ~

• ifthethunder

Looks like you needed Allgaier ,Chastain, and Alfredo. Oh well, the Cup race awaits us tomorrow.
    ~

• ifthethunder

@Pandamonious said...

OK, Stenhouse is a mixed bag here, and not as strong overall as I thought. Does have multiple top 10’s though, but it’s been a while.

34, 33, 33, 24, 4, 14, 9, 2 in his last 8 here, starting with the most recent.

I just read the Wrecky write-up at DK for the Night Race:

20. Ricky Stenhouse, Jr. ($7,600) – If he doesn’t wreck, then he’s a top-10 contender at Bristol. That description fits every driver, but other drivers do not terrify DFS players the way that Stenhouse does. He’s wrecked in four straight Bristol races. It’s a bad play, but that’s better than when Stenhouse is a good play. (3.0 fppk)

https://dknation.draftkings.com/playbook/2020/9/17/21440953/nascar-draftkings-fantasy-driver-rankings-bass-pro-shops-night-race-bristol-picks-brad-keselowski
    ——————————————————————-
    About sums it up, right? I have Wrecky in 2 of 7, but might dial that back to 1.
    ~

• winnerchickendinner

Got a lineup I like but it uses all of the salary. Would that be a concern in gpps even with some low owned drivers?

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #85

RG Tiered Ranking

@winnerchickendinner said...

Got a lineup I like but it uses all of the salary. Would that be a concern in gpps even with some low owned drivers?

No. Not if you like it.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #85

RG Tiered Ranking

Bristol night race is everyone’s favorite, right?

Thought the thread today would be a little busier.

Blaney finally breaking through tonight?

Feeling like one of Houff, Yeley, or Bilicki will be in the winning line up. Not sure which one.

Really like Bubba. Really like Suarez.

Thinking 3 dom, true stud plays, like Hamlin through Logano price wise is very doable and possibly the right thing to do. Anyone else doing this? Dom points are heavy here.

Bowyer is pretty strong here too.

• homers1226

so do we try to pick 3 doms from front 10
    and 3 guys who will probile get lapped
    and hope for a middle pack restart crash
    ignore drivers who have no chance at playoffs and are changing teams next year ?

• homers1226

im thinking buba and suarez will be out for a sunday drive

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #85

RG Tiered Ranking

@homers1226 said...

so do we try to pick 3 doms from front 10
    and 3 guys who will probile get lapped
    and hope for a middle pack restart crash
    ignore drivers who have no chance at playoffs and are changing teams next year ?

I’m kind of leaning towards 2 in the top 10, then trying to find someone who might dom outside the top 10, like Bowyer, Blaney, Byron, or Jones. Then the guys starting late teens and back. Like Reddick and back. Probably wanting 2 guys starting further back than 25. It’s not super speedway type build exactly, but have to think a couple of the further back guys get top 15 and having winning line up potential.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #85

RG Tiered Ranking

@homers1226 said...

im thinking buba and suarez will be out for a sunday drive

Even if they are, they’ll want to stay out of any wrecks. Suarez always does OK here. As does Wallace usually. No reason for them not to want to succeed. It doesn’t do them any good to finish poorly. Safely finishing in the 14-18 range puts them in a a good spot.

• homers1226

a dillion has been fast since his covid positive test
    can he keep it up

chase elliott bringing his car from the all star bristol race that he won,,hmmm,, i think,thought i read it someware

• homers1226

is there a 30 lap competion flag here ?

since its only 1/2 mile track

• truegrinder

Just getting in here guys. Cutting wood all day . I put in about 5 different lineups for a few of the different DK contests. I’m on Hamlin and Kyle Busch as core guys in 3 of the 5. Hamlin and Kez in 1 and Kez and Kyle in 1. I played JHN in most and McDowell and Preece in a few too. Good luck all

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.