PGA FORUM

Comments

• KevinRothWx

RG Chief Meteorologist

There’s not much question that Friday will be the worst weather for golf… but the exact timing of the highest winds seems to be shifting a little later… which is not great news to those looking for a weather edge.

THURS – Mostly dry, manageable winds
    AM – Could see a few very early morning showers (likely before golf begins), but other than that it’s mostly dry. Winds in the morning around 15mph sustained, gusts 20mph.
    PM – Still dry through the afternoon, with winds dipping just a bit, 10-15mph winds, with stronger gusts mixed in.

FRI – Wet and windy
    AM – Early morning winds should start around 15mph sustained, increasing to 20mph+ sustained with gusts over 30mph by the late morning. Peak winds will likely be in the late-morning through early afternoon. Rain will be off and on early, passing showers.
    PM – Winds will continue in the early afternoon around 20mph+ with gusts over 30, slowly diminishing to around 15mph winds in the late afternoon. Rain will likely be increasing through the afternoon, and could at times be quite heavy.

SAT & SUN – Wind not as big of an issue, but Saturday afternoon could again be wet.

Overall – While yesterday it looked like fading Friday morning was the better play, it seems a later peak wind time means that advantage might not be with us any longer (note: this is why I usually don’t do golf forecasts more than a day out). I think trying to find an advantage with peak winds in the middle of the day could prove difficult. I’m also debating the possibility of it raining hard enough Friday afternoon to delay play, which would be great for anyone who has late golfers Friday (avoid the winds, golf in lighter winds Saturday). Realistically though, it’s just beyond our forecasting abilities to be that specific. Friday is going to be tough, and Friday afternoon adds heavier rain, if they try to play through it, that’s not a good thing, if they suspend play, that would be a good thing. I’m at a loss for what direction I’m leaning and what advice to give, so I would listen to guys like Noto and STLCards and get their takes, they both have proven track records in golf.

Best of luck to all, wish I could be more help in this case.
    Happy Grinding,
    Kevin

• lexmarke238

Thank you, appreciate the early look

• apeterson8809

RG Overall Ranking

• Blogger of the Month

Friday morning I’m showing winds at 30mph & gusts up to 56mph with lite rain. . In the afternoon it drops to 16mph & gusts of 21mph. Are you getting similar info? Thx!

• bigstanny21

This is why I love your stuff, Kevin…thank you for not trying to force an opinion when the truth is you really aren’t sure…some guys in the DFS industry (not saying Rotogrinders folks) will still try to lean one way or another, as opposed to just saying “I don’t know” at times…not sure when not knowing became such a bad thing, especially with such an overload of information from every angle…thanks as always, man!

• Quadhole

Will they delay Fridays start if it is pouring, soaked course and gusting into the 40s ? I ask because it feels like maybe a late start Friday would be huge advantage for later Friday players that may even end up with half or all their round on Saturday.
    I know the delays are always minimal at this spot. 2015 was delayed because of Gusts over 40, thus, pouring rain and gusts of 30 will stop a saturday start helping later players BIG TIME.

• Quadhole

Yep, going to stack 3 top 25 OWGR guys ealy Am with several other that i can squeeze with them and roll hoping they land late friday or early am saturday. Thinking they will force play in the wind early Friday trying to force the round in and early guys will get hammer…Then call it later due to both with and rain,,,Going against those early sat. tee… hope it works or another wasted tour…

• olough

Yeah, feeling like the late early guys are gonna get the easiest of it..for now

• KevinRothWx

RG Chief Meteorologist

@bigstanny21 said...

This is why I love your stuff, Kevin…thank you for not trying to force an opinion when the truth is you really aren’t sure…some guys in the DFS industry (not saying Rotogrinders folks) will still try to lean one way or another, as opposed to just saying “I don’t know” at times

You have no idea how much shit I take for this, but I stand by it.

• yisman

weekend weather update?

• emac

@KevinRothWx said...

This is why you are top notch!

Well, the new beard certainly does help…

EMac

• bigstanny21

@KevinRothWx said...

I know that’s the damn truth…people kill me on here sometimes…for me, when someone that gives advice is willing to admit when they don’t know for sure, it makes me trust their intuition WAY more when they do make calls…I’ll always be skeptical of anybody that always has an answer, in DFS and anything else…thanks again, man, as always!

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).