INDUSTRY FORUM

Comments

• DFSPA

The Daily Fantasy Sports Players Alliance (DFSPA) will present testimony at the CA State Assembly hearing on DFS this Wednesday, 12/16 representing consumer protection issues of importance to players. Joining me at the hearing and also presenting testimony on behalf of DFS players will be Cory Albertson and Dr. Brian Greenwood.

My plan is to add comments by DFS players — ideally, California DFS players — as an appendix to my testimony. This will no doubt strengthen our position with CA legislators.

If you would like to have your views formally included in the CA State Assembly record, please send comments to speakout@DFSplayers.org and be certain to include your full name and city and state of residence.

Note: Comments must be received no later than Monday, December 14 in order to be made part of the proceedings.

I will be tweeting from the session which will include panels featuring industry expert Chris Grove, senior executives from DraftKings and FanDuel, well-respected legislative analysts and gaming regulators, and representatives from professional sports teams in California.

Follow @DFSplayersOrg for up-to-date information from the hearings.

Additionally, at the request of the Texas AG, DFSPA just submitted testimony re: DFS consumer protection issues, and DFSPA has been requested to appear at a New Jersey state hearing on DFS in early January.

For more information, please visit www.DFSplayers.org.

Steve Miller
    Executive Director
    Daily Fantasy Sports Players Alliance

• theoddsmaker

Awesome. As someone who works in the industry and resides in CA I’d love to help by sending a comment. What is the most effective thing to focus on when commenting? I tend to ramble a lot so a clear guideline would do wonders for me, thanks.

• DFSPA

The Assemblyman want to know about your general playing experiences. How much time do you invest each week? How much money in contest fees? What is your motivation for playing? Money? Recreation? Fan participation with a certain team? Please send your comments to speakout@DFSplayers.org. Thanks.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.