MAIN FORUM

Comments

• dancingbear93

I won a ticket for the “$15M FANTASY FOOTBALL WORLD CHAMP MEGAQUALIFIER” that is a $5300 entry. Top 5 out of 84 win a spot. I would much rather take $3000 cash than enter this. Is there any way to sell this ticket and not get scammed? Does DK provide a way to transfer this?

Sorry if this has been answered but I’ve tried searching to no avail.

• sethayates

@walkoff9 said...

I thought you could use the tickets for any contest with the same entry.

So you could enter a H2H if you just wanted better odds of getting some actual cash.

There are two different kinds of tickets.

1.) Tickets only intended for a specific contest
    2.) Tickets for a specific dollar amount.

This is a WFFC Mega Qualifier, not a $5300 ticket. It can only be used for that specific contest.

The same thing exists at the lower levels. A $20 ticket is different than a $20 Millionaire Maker ticket. Either way, once the ticket is in your account you can click the lobby filter that says “free with ticket” and it will tell you any contest the ticket is eligible for.

• einars

@walkoff9 said...

I thought you could use the tickets for any contest with the same entry.

So you could enter a H2H if you just wanted better odds of getting some actual cash.

edit: per usual, sethyates said it way better

• einars

@Putz said...

Site defender to the rescue. Do they pay you to post on here?

always nice to have a fan!

• Putz

@einars said...

always nice to have a fan!

If that’s what you think, you likely have many.

• nchsgolf33

This is such a small world… dancingbear I work with your mom. She told me your story and honestly you need to give it a shot. This could be a life changing opportunity for you. Just my two cents…

• skwalk47

This is the difference between the DFS community and the poker community, if someone won a $5300 qualifier ticket on poker stars and wanted to sell it they would be encouraged since its so obvious terrible bankroll management to partake in that contest when you usually play $3 entries. In DFS everyone is all “go for the gold!”

• Stewburtx8

• 2012 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

@skwalk47 said...

This is the difference between the DFS community and the poker community, if someone won a $5300 qualifier ticket on poker stars and wanted to sell it they would be encouraged since its so obvious terrible bankroll management to partake in that contest when you usually play $3 entries. In DFS everyone is all “go for the gold!”

The problem is that there is not currently a marketplace to sell tickets for DFS. The sites will not be an accessory to it. So how exactly is someone supposed to sell their ticket? Even if dancingbear could find someone willing to pay him $3000 for the ticket, it still will remain in dancingbear’s account. So now someone else would have to play that ticket through dancingbear’s account. Then there is all sorts of trust issues, who attends the live final should the person qualify (matching issues with names), tax issues, etc.

• skwalk47

Didn’t someone else say he could get DK$ for it? If so wouldn’t that make a lot more sense?

• Stewburtx8

• 2012 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

@skwalk47 said...

Didn’t someone else say he could get DK$ for it? If so wouldn’t that make a lot more sense?

Only if the contest fills

• Ryazan

• x3

2015 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

• x2

2015 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

@skwalk47 said...

so you are encouraging for people to not try and better their life, and instead just accept that they suck and not try to improve?

When you get into a live final and you win 100K, feel free to talk – otherwise, you have no idea what you are saying.

That $5300 ticket is a golden ticket, its a benchmark to future success, and if he cashes in on it and wins the qualifier, then he will be all set with a GIANT bankroll for months and years to come. Don’t encourage people to remain mediocre, that is just a lack of confidence.

• ldavidjm

@Ryazan said...

so you are encouraging for people to not try and better their life, and instead just accept that they suck and not try to improve?

There are so many things wrong with this statement. Everyone has different goals in life and in DFS. If he had won a contest turning $3 into $5000 would anyone really be telling him now is his chance to bet it all in one contest?

Many/most people starting out in DFS would probably much rather be able to say hey, DFS bought me this sweet new iPhone and now I can afford to comfortably play $27 GPPs instead of $3 ones too!

• ssmfour

@Ryazan said...

That $5300 ticket is a golden ticket, its a benchmark to future success, and if he cashes in on it and wins the qualifier, then he will be all set with a GIANT bankroll for months and years to come. Don’t encourage people to remain mediocre, that is just a lack of confidence.

And if he loses, as probability says he will, then he’ll have no improvement to his bankroll. Whereas if he were able to sell it, he would have a giant bankroll (relative to what he had) for months to come. It’s great that you’re willing to bet so much on this, but don’t assume everyone thinks as you do or that they should. Frankly if he were able to sell it (I realize he’s not) it would be the more intelligent thing to do

• DermDerm

• 2014 FanDuel NFL Playboy Mansion Finalist

Can we get an update on how dude did? Storyline is screaming that he had to win it.

• Gotembaseball

EVERYONE AN THEIR OPINIONS

I find it odd that everyone wants to tell this kid what to do yet know nothing about his back story. Anyone ever hear a ‘Bird in the hand is worth two in the bush’ ? Sure 3K seems like a bad idea but 3K is a lot of money to some people and if he can guarantee that and is comfortable with it he should be allowed to do it.

I’ve been approached a few different times to be a partner on large 5300 Qs and although the terms never worked out each time my lineup would have won a seat and the guys offering the spots lineups did not. The point being is everyone needs to be ok with their financial stake and situation regarding Qs or any tournament. It’s not really fair for anyone to tell a guy what he should do without being in his shoes.

Sure he could Qualify and be sitting on a golden ticket but the reality is right now he is sitting on nothing but a ticket for a chance at a golden ticket. Furthermore these big 5300 Qs historically are filled with multi entries from the industries best players. Likely guys like CSU, Max, and the such already have 2-5 seats so this regular joe is playing a game with a deck stacked against him.

Last way i think about this is as follows. What are the odds of winning a $3 Q then winning a $5300 Q and finally winning the main event? I’m gonna guess very very very low. Granted he jumped the first hurdle but the truth is he is still a long way away and if taking 3k now makes sense to him he should have the choice to do so.

• Ryazan

• x3

2015 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

• x2

2015 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

@Gotembaseball said...

EVERYONE AN THEIR OPINIONS

I find it odd that everyone wants to tell this kid what to do yet know nothing about his back story. Anyone ever hear a ‘Bird in the hand is worth two in the bush’ ? Sure 3K seems like a bad idea but 3K is a lot of money to some people and if he can guarantee that and is comfortable with it he should be allowed to do it.

I’ve been approached a few different times to be a partner on large 5300 Qs and although the terms never worked out each time my lineup would have won a seat and the guys offering the spots lineups did not. The point being is everyone needs to be ok with their financial stake and situation regarding Qs or any tournament. It’s not really fair for anyone to tell a guy what he should do without being in his shoes.

Sure he could Qualify and be sitting on a golden ticket but the reality is right now he is sitting on nothing but a ticket for a chance at a golden ticket. Furthermore these big 5300 Qs historically are filled with multi entries from the industries best players. Likely guys like CSU, Max, and the such already have 2-5 seats so this regular joe is playing a game with a deck stacked against him.

Last way i think about this is as follows. What are the odds of winning a $3 Q then winning a $5300 Q and finally winning the main event? I’m gonna guess very very very low. Granted he jumped the first hurdle but the truth is he is still a long way away and if taking 3k now makes sense to him he should have the choice to do so.

some of you just don’t understand the point of all this – you do not need a huge bankroll or to multi enter tons of lineups in order to qualify to a live event. But what you do need, is a chance, that little glimmer of hope. This guy just came in 1st in a tournament with probably 2000 other people, and all he has left to do is come in top 5 out of 84 – that is NOTHING compared to what he did to get there. And he will be playing against a bunch of experts yes, But I play against these experts every night, and they are not that difficult to beat – it’s not like all of them are putting up huge scores…..it would not take much more than a little better than a solid cash game score to come in top 5 out of 84 because the field is so small.

• donnybasbl

RG Overall Ranking

I won one of these tickets in the 4:00pm games yesterday.

I’m hoping the status quo remains in NY and i’ll be able to participate in this when it runs.

• deanabbott

@DermDerm said...

Can we get an update on how dude did? Storyline is screaming that he had to win it.

Looks like he didn’t play it this week, if his username on here is the same as on DK. Shockingly though 3 people didn’t bother to enter a lineup.

I believe this is the link:

https://www.draftkings.com/contest/gamecenter/14806965

• Twilliams83

interested in knowing the outcome

• y2mulder

3 people lighting a $5300 Q ticket on fire makes my head hurt.

• ckamins87

• 2016 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• 2016 FanDuel WFBBC Finalist

@y2mulder said...

3 people lighting a $5300 Q ticket on fire makes my head hurt.

Seeing that I would have qualified if I entered makes me sad lol. Don’t think I’d ever be willing to throw 5300 down when only 5.9% win anything though.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).