8:00 PM EST : Citadel ( 11.5 ) at Samford ( -11.5 ) —- T: 170
    8:00 PM EST : Butler ( -8 ) at DePaul ( 8 ) —- T: 155
    9:00 PM EST : Vanderbilt ( -2 ) at Arkansas ( 2 ) —- T: 140
    9:00 PM EST : Nebraska ( 15.5 ) at Iowa ( -15.5 ) —- T: 145.5
    9:00 PM EST : Tulane ( 10 ) at Houston ( -10 ) —- T: 140
    9:00 PM EST : Georgetown ( 3 ) at Creighton ( -3 ) —- T: 153.5
    9:00 PM EST : Kentucky ( -5.5 ) at LSU ( 5.5 ) —- T: 156.5
    10:00 PM EST : Boise State ( -1.5 ) at Utah State ( 1.5 ) —- T: 146.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – CBB strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• Dawgs4925

Hoping for some more exciting basketball and monster fantasy scoring tonight. Can’t seem to get away from a 4 player KY/LSU stack minus Simmons. Just can’t get his salary to work.

• cdestela

CBB Projections

HAMTRON: http://www.whatmeanscbb.com

It now includes opponent adjusted ease by position. Positions were determined using a cluster algorithm. Ease is determined by % above or below average allowed and is broken down into the different fantasy relevant stats. Positions most closely align to:
    1 – Point Guard
    2 – Wing Player
    3 – Transitional Big
    4 – Pure Big

The cluster analysis is fully automated, so there may be an occasional miss-classification.

• dmrose

I’m finding it very possible to fit in Simmons on DK. Will probably have him in half my lineups, upside to good to ignore in what should be a fast paced game.

• jon2anderson

• Blogger of the Month

Can you justify not having Simmons in a cash game? He’s practically a lock for 50 and that’s not easy to make up for even with a well balanced lineup without him…

• Razzle11

@jon2anderson said...

Can you justify not having Simmons in a cash game? He’s practically a lock for 50 and that’s not easy to make up for even with a well balanced lineup without him…

That depends……at his price you have to add a min priced player to him and compare those two to a couple of 7100 players on DK and a couple of 8000 on FD

• Dawgs4925

Isn’t this Simmons 1st game against a Top 25 opponent? I know he will get his points but will he hit 5× or more value. I feel better about hitting 5x value with multiple 7K guys tonight. Last night proved that one player doesn’t guarantee a cash win.

• mbunner23

I don’t play NCAA like I do NBA. Anybody care to help me with some lineup advice tonight? PM Me.

• jaf373

Wow, I’m old enough to remember when 220 points could win you a fair number of GPPs on DK.

• plugman

2011 FFFC Finalist

• 2011 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

he handled himself well against vanderbilt. just sayin

• Stewburtx8

• 2012 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

@Dawgs4925 said...

Isn’t this Simmons 1st game against a Top 25 opponent? I know he will get his points but will he hit 5× or more value. I feel better about hitting 5x value with multiple 7K guys tonight. Last night proved that one player doesn’t guarantee a cash win.

I think it really depends if Marcus Lee gets in foul trouble or not. Lee has the length and athleticism to at least give Simmons some trouble. Simmons will get his, but if Kentucky has to use Labissiere at all or even Poythress, I think Simmons creates huge matchup problems.

Kentucky could also take a let Simmons get his approach and not let anyone else beat them from the outside, although Hornsby is the only guy that can make an outside shot right now for LSU.

• djw2033

Um kris Dunn much ?

• Dawgs4925

Yeah, i will definitely have a gpp LU or two with Dunn/Bentil stack……

• majawi85

What are some good resources for CBB? It’s just so much harder to find info on it compared to NBA/NHL etc

• nicholasmarsh

@majawi85 said...

What are some good resources for CBB? It’s just so much harder to find info on it compared to NBA/NHL etc

In the case anyone is interested, a friend and I have been using kenpom to break down slates with some success over the past few years. We recently created a Twitter account (CBBQuickLook) where we try to post Spread, O/U, AdjD(defense), AdjO(offense), AdjT(tempo) and projected score for each team in each slate (DraftKings, FantasyHub, FanDuel). We tend to look for tempo boosts, good offenses, bad defenses and high totals (DUH). It’s not all that different from the NBA First Look here on Rotogrinders if you can decipher the data. New to the scene; BigBlueBit has been posting some solid #DFS #CBB information as well. DubDeuces85 and Bronzesword seem to be the Twitter experts on the subject matter so they also make good follows. Another bit of advice; search each player you plan to roster and keep a frequent watch on Twitter #CBB #DFS for constant updates. Twitter really is an excellent source for all information DFS. I hope this helps…

• jon2anderson

• Blogger of the Month

When I do CBB, I typically start by looking at tempo numbers and game totals, eliminate some of the least favorable teams from my pool and then collect player stats by team in excel. I compile all available players stats into one sheet, add their FPPG and Salary number, make a column for fantasy points per minute, and then I start drilling into players like that.

I’ll look for value plays first, like guys that play a lot of minutes with higher FP/Min numbers, or just guys with lower prices that contribute in multiple categories or take a lot of shots.

So then I have a marginally sized pool to choose from and I’ll start filling in like that.

Anybody do anything similar? Are there good things to be looking for that I’m missing?

• Dawgs4925

That is similar to how I break it down daily. I have had more success lately stacking the higher O/U games rather than trying to pick players from different matchups based on individual player stats. Really depends on the slate of games. Also, found more success rostering more 6K and 7K players together than the 9K/3K combos.

• jon2anderson

• Blogger of the Month

@Dawgs4925 said...

That is similar to how I break it down daily. I have had more success lately stacking the higher O/U games rather than trying to pick players from different matchups based on individual player stats. Really depends on the slate of games. Also, found more success rostering more 6K and 7K players together than the 9K/3K combos.

so are you not touching Simmons or Dunn tonight?

• Dawgs4925

I have 1 gpp with Dunn/Bentil stacked and 1 gpp with Simmons/Victor stacked. Couldn’t resist some exposure to both but not my main plays.

• OttoMattic

If a game is fairly low paced, like UVA last night, will you outright fade the entire game? Especially when there’s a bigger slate like tonight, will you basically ignore the slowest paced games?

• Razzle11

@OttoMattic said...

If a game is fairly low paced, like UVA last night, will you outright fade the entire game? Especially when there’s a bigger slate like tonight, will you basically ignore the slowest paced games?

Yes, especially nights like tonight. Last night was an odd night and its tough to use it as an example. Obviously the highest scoring game of the night in terms of projections finished that way but it took triple OT to get there. There are always some games that shock you much like the WVATCU game

• nicholasmarsh

@OttoMattic said...

I sure do, but you have to realize someone is going to gets stats; even in a slower paced game. I think it really depends on the slate. In a big slate like tonight (as you referenced), I would go nowhere near teams like Virginia. Last night it might have made sense to play a few guys because of the 4-5 game slate. Like, why would you touch the CLEM/SYR game tonight unless you thought Gbinije was going to drop 30 or something. Guys like Uthoff (who take most of their teams shots) might be the only fellas you consider in such matchups… It may, however, be a good way to diversify in tournaments.

• Razzle11

@nicholasmarsh said...

I sure do, but you have to realize someone is going to gets stats; even in a slower paced game. I think it really depends on the slate. In a big slate like tonight (as you referenced), I would go nowhere near teams like Virginia. Last night it might have made sense to play a few guys because of the 4-5 game slate. Like, why would you touch the CLEM/SYR game tonight unless you thought Gbinije was going to drop 30 or something. Guys like Uthoff (who take most of their teams shots) might be the only fellas you consider in such matchups… It may, however, be a good way to diversify in tournaments.

Using last night as an example, the low totaled games had some of the value plays in them which allowed a lot of exposure to UNC, FSU, OU and KU

• Dawgs4925

I factor both tempo and O/U. Last night I had a couple of LUs with either a UV or VT player. Cashed with both but not because of that game. Last night was an anomaly.

• OttoMattic

I’m a huge college basketball fan, but just started doing CBB dfs. I wanna know how far off I am because last night was embarrassing. The highest projected O/U game of the night was actually Monmouth/Canisius I believe, and I thought lots of people would stack the KU/OU game, so I tried to be contrarian and stack the Monmouth game, especially since I thought it’d be closer to 96-86 like it was the first time around this year. It blew up in my face, but since it was my first time playing, I wasn’t sure if my thinking was as far off as my score indicated, or if it was an OK play that just blew up in my face.

• Dawgs4925

I am not touching Clem/Cuse tonight. Too much value elsewhere.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.