10:00 PM EST : Lipscomb ( +8.0 ) at Santa Clara ( -8.0 ) —- T: 144.0
    10:00 PM EST : Texas ( -10.5 ) at Washington ( +10.5 ) —- T: 147.5
    10:00 PM EST : Pepperdine ( +1.5 ) at Fresno St ( -1.5 ) —- T: 136.5
    10:00 PM EST : Illinois St ( +9.5 ) at San Diego St ( -9.5 ) —- T: 129.0
    10:30 PM EST : S Utah ( +24.0 ) at Utah ( -24.0 ) —- T: —
    11:00 PM EST : Monmouth ( 11 ) at UCLA ( -15.0 ) —- T: —
    11:30 PM EST : Rice ( +15.5 ) at California ( -15.5 ) —- T: 136.0
    11:59 PM EST : Montana St ( +14.5 ) at Hawaii ( -14.5 ) —- T: 148.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – CBB strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• bapst32

• 2017 FanDuel WFBBC Finalist

Love that Fantasy Feud got their salaries posted early but 63 teams is insane. They also included guys not even eligible this year like Nigel Williams-Goss.

• mrbongo

fanduel just posted games for Friday. Five game slate starting at 5 pm. Gonzaga-Pitt not an option

• milktruck2

5-game FD slate up…

• Stewburtx8

• 2012 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

@hendry said...

my only real issue with cbb is the amount of overlap driven by articles. i swear a tout could put an ineligible player in their write up and he’d be 30% owned on dk.

I don’t really look around or pay attention to other sites, but is there really that many articles written for DFS CBB? I know Varncass writes for RG Incentives…. I haven’t noticed that much insane overlap in CBB other than the real small game sets.

• hambazaza

RG Blog Program Manager, 2014 RG Party Beer Pong Champion

• Blogger of the Month

• Beer Pong Champion

@Stewburtx8 said...

I don’t really look around or pay attention to other sites, but is there really that many articles written for DFS CBB? I know Varncass writes for RG Incentives…. I haven’t noticed that much insane overlap in CBB other than the real small game sets.

i really doubt that 30% of people who play dfs any sport read rotogrinders.

there are weeks when I’ve written a guy up for soccer as my top cheap play and he’s only 4% owned. nobody pays attention to us.

• CBassXU

@hambazaza said...

there are weeks when I’ve written a guy up for soccer as my top cheap play and he’s only 4% owned. nobody pays attention to us.

That is definitely not the case for CBB. Varn definitely affects ownership #‘s quite a bit.

(not saying this is a good or bad thing, just making an observation)

• Stewburtx8

@hambazaza said...

I think there certainly is some group think in the major sports where content is produced everywhere. But I agree with you that I don’t notice huge overlap in the niche sports like CFB, CBB, and Soccer based on guys that are written up in articles here (or elsewhere). I’m sure Varncass’ CBB articles push the needle a little bit though on certain guys.

• hambazaza

RG Blog Program Manager, 2014 RG Party Beer Pong Champion

• Blogger of the Month

• Beer Pong Champion

yeah, dont get me wrong, i love Varncass’ stuff, he’s won me some money in the past, im just going by general assumptions on RG readership vs FD/DK total players.

• easternmh

• x3

Blogger of the Month

@milktruck2 said...

5-game FD slate up…

Love the rake increase on double ups FD!

• milktruck2

@easternmh said...

Love the rake increase on double ups FD!

Yeah really disappointing for such a minuscule return.

• Razzle11

@Stewburtx8 said...

I write CBB for the DK Playbook and for DFSreport

• Razzle11

But I don’t think a lot of the stuff written gets read a ton and makes up the field. I would say tout information has a lot more weight in something like NFL/MLB

• easternmh

• x3

Blogger of the Month

@milktruck2 said...

Yeah really disappointing for such a minuscule return.

what’s the best site (outside of FD/DK) for CBB? Anyone have any thoughts

• CBassXU

@easternmh said...

Sadly there isn’t one. FantasyFeud the only other site that I think offers it that I know of (draftpot may be adding it) but their slates are huge and the volume is tiny.

• easternmh

• x3

Blogger of the Month

@CBassXU said...

Sadly there isn’t one. FantasyFeud the only other site that I think offers it that I know of (draftpot may be adding it) but their slates are huge and the volume is tiny.

Not what I was hoping to hear LOL … Thanks for the heads up

• Stewburtx8

@easternmh said...

Fantasy Feud ran some interesting contests last year at times but I really don’t think there is a 3rd CBB site for cash games. The volume is already somewhat low at DK and FD, and you are mostly playing against the same people at $10 and up. I would think the volume would be almost non-existent at other sites.

• bbjay20

Let me get this in before I comment on anything else:

JOSH PASTNER, I HATE YOU

• bbjay20

@MARJAC said...

Gotta love Boheim. Plays uptempo run n’gun with the same four main guys the entire game. DFS Gold.

Gonna be a little different this year. They’ll have a legit 5-6 guys that can play on the perimeter and NO ONE on the interior, outside of walking knee injury DaJuan Coleman. Gonna be a ton of 3’s attempted this year, so be on the lookout for opposing guards that are good in transition after the long misses….

Guys like Mike Gbinije, Malachi Richardson and Tyler Roberson are going to be putting up stats in ALL the categories and make for safe floors. Remember the name Tyler Lydon. Kid is a rail thin, legit 6’8”, but a great athlete, better than expected rebounder and has a very good shooting stroke. He’ll probably see 20+ minutes a game and I cant imagine he’ll start out very highly priced or owned.

• bbjay20

Who’s starting at PG for UNC with paige out? Gotta be Britt right?

Any freshmen/transfer to target on Friday? Jaylen Brown seems overpriced at 8100, but Cal doesn’t appear overly deep (only 8 games played double digit minutes in their exhibition game). I think I’ll target Babb and hope for a ton of boards. I like Noah Dickerson at 5500 for UW.

• milktruck2

@bbjay20 said...

Who’s starting at PG for UNC with paige out? Gotta be Britt right?

Any freshmen/transfer to target on Friday? Jaylen Brown seems overpriced at 8100, but Cal doesn’t appear overly deep (only 8 games played double digit minutes in their exhibition game). I think I’ll target Babb and hope for a ton of boards. I like Noah Dickerson at 5500 for UW.

Berry/Britt in the backcourt

• bbjay20

@milktruck2 said...

Berry/Britt in the backcourt

I’ll probably avoid them anyhow since it seems like a split, if anything, right?

• Stewburtx8

@bbjay20 said...

Gonna be a little different this year. They’ll have a legit 5-6 guys that can play on the perimeter and NO ONE on the interior, outside of walking knee injury DaJuan Coleman. Gonna be a ton of 3’s attempted this year, so be on the lookout for opposing guards that are good in transition after the long misses….

Guys like Mike Gbinije, Malachi Richardson and Tyler Roberson are going to be putting up stats in ALL the categories and make for safe floors. Remember the name Tyler Lydon. Kid is a rail thin, legit 6’8”, but a great athlete, better than expected rebounder and has a very good shooting stroke. He’ll probably see 20+ minutes a game and I cant imagine he’ll start out very highly priced or owned.

They could be a lot of fun to watch this year, especially if they use Lydon at Center at times as they’ve discussed. Go small at times and just jack up a lot of 3’s. But yeah, Syracuse might take 25+ threes per game with the team they have. Could beat or lose to anyone with that style.

• Stewburtx8

@bbjay20 said...

I’ll probably avoid them anyhow since it seems like a split, if anything, right?

I personally would expect Berry to eat up more of the minutes. He’s the former 5 star recruit and is just more talented than Britt in my opinion.

• bbjay20

@Stewburtx8 said...

They could be a lot of fun to watch this year, especially if they use Lydon at Center at times as they’ve discussed. Go small at times and just jack up a lot of 3’s. But yeah, Syracuse might take 25+ threes per game with the team they have. Could beat or lose to anyone with that style.

I wish they’d just go man or press for a few minutes here and there, but I know that is not going to happen.

Lydon at Center is intriguing, offensively, but I don’t think we can afford him playing the middle of the zone. Too skinny/weak and probably won’t understand the nuances yet. Roberson likely gets minutes at C first.

Gonna basically have 3 or 4 3pt shooters on the court at once (Gbinije, Cooney, Lydon, Richardson, Joseph has been improving a ton, and another freshman Howard that won’t see a ton of run).

And an FYI for anybody that may be interested, Gbinije is the starting PG now, so he’s going to continue flirting with 5+ rebs, 5+ assists, 2-3+ steals, and 15-20 pts. Gonna be a category machine.

• bbjay20

Any sub-5000 guys that stand out for Friday?

Anybody have anything on Tevin Mack of Texas? He had a big game in the exhibition last week. I wonder if he’ll be getting enough minutes to make his min salary the target here?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.