8:00 PM EST : TX Christian ( -11 ) at Bradley ( 11 ) —- T: 129
    9:00 PM EST : Loyola Mymt ( 18 ) at Gonzaga ( -18 ) —- T: 144
    9:00 PM EST : Pepperdine ( -2 ) at Portland ( 2 ) —- T: 142
    9:00 PM EST : WI-Grn Bay ( 11.5 ) at Wisconsin ( -11.5 ) —- T: 145
    10:00 PM EST : Pacific ( 2 ) at San Fransco ( -2 ) —- T: 136.5
    10:00 PM EST : Lafayette ( 23 ) at USC ( -23 ) —- T: 164
    10:00 PM EST : Cal St Nrdge ( 3 ) at San Diego ( -3 ) —- T: 0
    11:00 PM EST : St Marys ( -10 ) at Santa Clara ( 10 ) —- T: 128.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – CBB strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• usna1993

Been playing FD since August – thanks to Rotogrinders I’ve really improved my winnings – had my best finish in CBB last night (2nd!!!) – so extra present under the tree for the wife!

This has been a great into to the hobby and I want to thank the team at Rotogrinders and the board for all their great tips! Thanks again!

• pepsies15

@usna1993 said...

Been playing FD since August – thanks to Rotogrinders I’ve really improved my winnings – had my best finish in CBB last night (2nd!!!) – so extra present under the tree for the wife!

This has been a great into to the hobby and I want to thank the team at Rotogrinders and the board for all their great tips! Thanks again!

Great job man. Awesome to see people win/cash in these forums! Keep it rolling…

• DCoop328

Really hope Fanduel does a Late Slate that includes Wisc/GB Oklahoma/Hawaii, Zaga/Loyola, Kent St/Penn St, Lafayette/USC, Wash St/NIU, and SMU/Col.

It sucks that they made the slate before these prime games were available due to holiday tournaments I am especially looking forward to watching SMU/Col and Josh Scott face off against Tolbert/Kennedy.

• DCoop328

They could also run an early slate with the BYU, Auburn, and Iona/Akron games.

• Wrightime

Why is cleveland st. Favored over bg?

• DontScoopMeBro

Who everyone liking tonight?
    Big fan of Arians from Milwaukee

• jbuck276

Sabonis, Michael Young, or Nigel Hayes for cash tonight?

• DontScoopMeBro

Sabonis

• dwbuz

@DontScoopMeBro said...

Who everyone liking tonight?
    Big fan of Arians from Milwaukee

everything adds up on him

• kongtho

8:36 20-26 Katin Reinhardt made Layup. Assisted by Katin Reinhardt.

• bluewombat16

No boatwright :(

• Tsw1999

Well, that’s the last time I blow off the tiebreaker on FH. Got a H2H with eforsty and we got the same lineup.

• zachj

Wow Bronson Koenig is bad at basketball

• Greenmonstah

Hooter and his 10 entries lapping the field in the FD alley oop….Multi entries should be limited to 2% of the contest entrants IMO

• Stewburtx8

• 2012 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

@Greenmonstah said...

Hooter and his 10 entries lapping the field in the FD alley oop….Multi entries should be limited to 2% of the contest entrants IMO

Agreed. No idea why he does it though. Just costing himself a ton of equity/EV with each additional entry. On night’s like tonight it obviously works out for him, but playing to try to chop 1st through 10th place in a $2500 GPP is not smart at all over the long run.

• mrbongo

@Stewburtx8 said...

Agreed. No idea why he does it though. Just costing himself a ton of equity/EV with each additional entry. On night’s like tonight it obviously works out for him, but playing to try to chop 1st through 10th place in a $2500 GPP is not smart at all over the long run.

At one point hooter was trying to chop 1-200 in the $2 contest

• hooter

I only do it on the $2 when the payout pct is right. If it pays out less than top 20% and/or contest size doesn’t meet what I’m looking for, then I don’t bother. But if I’m confident in my read on the slate and the balance of the payout/contest size is appropriate, then I push it. I worked it out (roughly) to where i feel i can slant it in my favor and proportionally offset any neg EV that affects my return which is at 185% right now combining last year and this year. Focusing on EV solely only works if you don’t believe you are better than everyone else.

• McDoucherson

Was the Boatwright info out there before lineup lock? 25% of us had that turd muffin in our lineup but 27% had Metu which leads me to believe that somebody had the info. If so, where do you find such info. Any one source on Twitter that is better than the rest? Thanks and Merry Christmas.

• Razzle11

@McDoucherson said...

Was the Boatwright info out there before lineup lock? 25% of us had that turd muffin in our lineup but 27% had Metu which leads me to believe that somebody had the info. If so, where do you find such info. Any one source on Twitter that is better than the rest? Thanks and Merry Christmas.

I had zero info, I used Metu a ton because of his price to go along with his minutes have been increasing and the game was expected to be a blowout with USC approaching 100. With that said, I still used Boatright in a couple spots too. But I also had a fam emergency so I stopped paying attention to Twitter around 5 central time

• Stewburtx8

@hooter said...

I only do it on the $2 when the payout pct is right. If it pays out less than top 20% and/or contest size doesn’t meet what I’m looking for, then I don’t bother. But if I’m confident in my read on the slate and the balance of the payout/contest size is appropriate, then I push it. I worked it out (roughly) to where i feel i can slant it in my favor and proportionally offset any neg EV that affects my return which is at 185% right now combining last year and this year. Focusing on EV solely only works if you don’t believe you are better than everyone else.

If it is working for you, then you can’t argue with results. I think I am as good as anyone at CBB but have my own strategy with very good results. Many different strategies can work at DFS. To each their own.

But from my standpoint, I’d much rather you play 10 of the same lineup than 10 lineups with different variations. You certainly nailed your lineup last night though.

• Stewburtx8

@McDoucherson said...

It was the 10 o’clock game. Information wasn’t released until shortly before tipoff. I’m confident the information wasn’t out there because I saw Boatwright in Sox22’s lineup, and he never misses information if it’s available for CBB.

I had Boatwright in one FD lineup and one DK lineup. I tend to stop following information after lineup lock and live with anything I might miss.

• cdestela

It was released a few minutes before tip-off, if you were actively twittering… put up a 280 on DK with boatwright, oh what could have been!

• McDoucherson

re: Boatwright…thanks guys. I play predominantly FD. I’ve been trying to be more proactive in regards to late injuries etc. so I was wondering if I might have missed something.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.