CBB FORUM

Comments

• Dtayl913

Given the NBA’s ridiculous week-long all star break, and the lack of CBB on Fridays (I’m not interested in a 2-game Pac-12 slate), I’m incredibly bored today. So, let’s get started with thoughts on tomorrow, so we can at least spend some of today making lineups!

• slayeratcp

@migsrgr8 said...

Here’s a question I’d interested in hearing other peoples perspective on.

How “committed” are you to getting as close as possible to exhausting your entire $50K on your line-up ?

I find I often put together a line-up I’m happy with, but that I’m still sitting on something like $600-800. I cant seem to help myself, I will tinker until I’m down to $200 or less and I have burned myself countless times using up that remaining salary.

I try to get to 59500 on FD. Usually that is not a problem. For slates as big as tomorrow’s you should be able to find a value guy for one of your players that provides more projected points than someone you have penciled in. But that’s as far as I would go. Don’t end up changing 5 of your starters just to get closer to max, try changing one, maybe two guys. And it’s not simply about value once you get to the fine tuning – you want to maximize points. For the shorter slates, you can be a little further from max.

• Gsulaw16

RE: Hicks it’s hard to trust a guy with a 7.4 rate on FC/40.

• Stewburtx8

• 2012 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

@migsrgr8 said...

Glad to hear I’m not the only one stuck in that range.

I follow college hoops closely, do a little calculation sheet w/ recent history, tempo, defensive efficiency. ( but nothing like cdestella’s)

I ALWAYS think my line-up looks pretty good, makes some sense, & yet by halftime of the 7pm games I know I’m in trouble :)

Too funny.

Yes, I’m awful at DK. My FD CBB ROI is really good this year. My DK ROI is in the negatives. I just can’t figure DK out this season. I’ve tried numerous different strategies but can’t seen to find those guys who go 5-6x salary or more on a given night, which is really the only way to break 200 with the tight pricing.

• Stewburtx8

@migsrgr8 said...

Here’s a question I’d interested in hearing other peoples perspective on.

How “committed” are you to getting as close as possible to exhausting your entire $50K on your line-up ?

I find I often put together a line-up I’m happy with, but that I’m still sitting on something like $600-800. I cant seem to help myself, I will tinker until I’m down to $200 or less and I have burned myself countless times using up that remaining salary.

I usually try not to leave more than $400-500 on the table. That being said, once I feel my lineup is set, I will look at my remaining salary. Then I will look over my roster again and see if I feel that $400 upgrades any of my spots or not. If not, I’ll let it be. But on a large slate, I think it’s hard to leave much on the table.

• Stewburtx8

@bbjay20 said...

I don’t know if I trust the minutes.

Hard to not see him starting again after his performance in the last game. If he starts, my guess is he gets 20-25 minutes. But Roy will probably just play the hot hand. So if Hicks starts slow or gets in foul trouble, Meeks will get a lot more run. Meeks is the better offensive player, but Hicks is the better defensive player and provides more energy/hustle.

• Scott121422

Knows the College Sportz

• Blogger of the Month

@migsrgr8 said...

I’m pondering Hicks @ 4700 ?

It all depends on how Meeks plays and that is hard to predict. Last game Hicks got the start, hard to imagine he wouldn’t start again. Roy Williams has been unhappy with Meeks defense of late.

• milktruck

Hicks is a better fit for that team, there were multiple plays where he used his speed and leaked out on the break for easy points. He fits what UNC likes to do a lot better than a plodding big like Meeks.

• slayeratcp

Why did BJ Johnson play 34 minutes last time out? Is there Cuse injury we should know about?

• moneys72

@slayeratcp said...

Why did BJ Johnson play 34 minutes last time out? Is there Cuse injury we should know about?

No injury. Just the way the game went. Boeheim wanted the extra shooter out there & sat Roberson who wasn’t playing well & isn’t a shooter to get that on the floor.

• MrSnuffleupagus

First time playing College basketball, curious what type of scores win on a two game night for a 2$ GPP on DK?

• bodymore52

All over James Siakam. Great value

• MrSnuffleupagus

@MrSnuffleupagus said...

First time playing College basketball, curious what type of scores win on a two game night for a 2$ GPP on DK?

Not everyone at once

• Bpettijohn

Probably 220

• TooBigYo20

@Bpettijohn said...

Probably 220

Not even close. 160-170. I won a two game slate with teams in the 150s and scored 166

• atfrost

• Blogger of the Month

Anyone like Sheldon Jeter for some value?

• julieduke33

Someone please,talk me out of taking Chris jones again, the Louisville one… He always ends up in Pitiono’s doghouse but ypu would think he’d play 35-40 minutes if blackshear is out… He fits perfectly with salary I have left and at home with good matchup…

• julieduke33

@atfrost said...

Anyone like Sheldon Jeter for some value?

Yes … Best under 5k forward out there on FD in my opinion

• milktruck

@julieduke33 said...

Yes … Best under 5k forward out there on FD in my opinion

better than Hicks?

• julieduke33

@milktruck said...

better than Hicks?

Close but I’m not one for one game outliers with 2 proven guys that came off the bench last game (motivational ploy with Meeks/tokoto against a bottom feeder of ACC???)… I can easily see Meeks getting his minutes back… Jeter should get minutes if he doesn’t get in foul trouble and at home… Like I said just my opinion but I have been wrong before and will be again

• Scott121422

Knows the College Sportz

• Blogger of the Month

My thoughts/plays of the day

https://rotogrinders.com/blog-posts/cbb-daily-plays-saturday-february-14th-565359

• tommykarate

@Scott121422 said...

My thoughts/plays of the day

https://rotogrinders.com/blog-posts/cbb-daily-plays-saturday-february-14th-565359

good stuff — thx…

• bphilb

@CMackattack said...

good stuff — thx…

+1

• TooBigYo20

Every main play I wanna make depends on GTD. Ugh. Just let Carlino and Graham be out tomorrow

• Bobbyboom

5700 left at util on DK early- Bluiett / CMitchell / or TParker ?

• madmanjayWV

I dunno…….so many ways to play this early slate today….
    Gut says Holton (WVU) could do something, but he’s just not shot the rock well at all for a while now, but ‘EERS gonna be a man down, so maybe….I haven’t used him yet.

I am hoping (perhaps beyond hope) that Burrell of Memphis is gonna start rolling a little bit.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).