CBB FORUM

Comments

• milktruck

FD Madness Main Event sweats start… now

• milktruck

@SeeRed4 said...

YES….IMO he has the highest floor and highest ceiling of any guard. If you don’t have him in cash the opportunity cost could be hard to overcome. He can go off for a trip dub ala the last time they played.

on the flip side it could be hard to overcome having limited exposure to Duke/UNC, which is going to be difficult if you’re paying up for Dunn

• mindp0wer

Is gerry blakes due for a return to earth tonight?

• kenneth51

I’m probably going to split my exposure to Blakes and Holder. I am expecting for Alford to be guarding Holder which sways me towards him just a bit. Odds are they both hit value imo but Its a matter of who gets that 4.5-5x

• TooBigYo20

I just pray Blakes is like 30-40% owned and everyone goes ape when he puts up 35 mins, 2 pts, 3 fouls

• SeeRed4

@milktruck said...

on the flip side it could be hard to overcome having limited exposure to Duke/UNC, which is going to be difficult if you’re paying up for Dunn

yeah good point…rivalry games are always hard to predict though. These are kids with their emotions running high. I think Duke at home has a huge advantage but their are 4 or 5 guys that could potentially take over the game and if you are on the wrong side of it you are screwed too. Dunn’s production IMO is more predictable…i guess its the risk of DFS.

• mindp0wer

5, 800 on fd. Who u taking siakam, or parker

• milktruck

@TooBigYo20 said...

I just pray Blakes is like 30-40% owned and everyone goes ape when he puts up 35 mins, 2 pts, 3 fouls

ditto, I’m on Holder/McKissic/Goodman in various spots

• SeeRed4

Rozier Rozier Rozier…..love him as a player but if he can exploit that zone will be the big question. If he goes cold from outside I do think they can just pack the paint/take away his drives….2000 cheaper than Dunn though…

• Kush

Nice work. Keep it up…..appreciate the info & well written, too.

Thanks.

• kenneth51

Very surprised to see Jalil-Abdul Bassit in StlCards writeup. I’m a Oregon student/fan and I wouldn’t touch him with a 10ft pole. He is entirely shooting reliant but is at best a tertiary option for the Ducks. He got hot against UCLA and played a bunch but I would bet the house that it doesn’t happen again

• SeeRed4

Anyone else see like 7 or 8 guys 5.8K or lower that are great value at guard?

• depalma13

@TooBigYo20 said...

You’re dreaming if you think he will score that few in 35 minutes.

• SeeRed4

@kenneth51 said...

Very surprised to see Jalil-Abdul Bassit in StlCards writeup. I’m a Oregon student/fan and I wouldn’t touch him with a 10ft pole. He is entirely shooting reliant but is at best a tertiary option for the Ducks. He got hot against UCLA and played a bunch but I would bet the house that it doesn’t happen again

Thanks…I was wondering where that huge game came from…it was just a hot hand not sustainable type of game??

• julieduke33

@SeeRed4 said...

YES….IMO he has the highest floor and highest ceiling of any guard. If you don’t have him in cash the opportunity cost could be hard to overcome. He can go off for a trip dub ala the last time they played.

Personally I think anyone can be faded in Cbb especially on the road just due to the fact refs in Cbb very inconsistent and give no star treatment… Plus most coaches refuse to allow players to play with 2 fouls in 1st half (some exceptions and maybe Dunn is one, I don’t know)… 2 fouls in 1st 8 minutes and your 10k guy will only play 28 minutes tops… Obviously nobody can predict fouls …just my opinion of course

• kenneth51

@SeeRed4 said...

Thanks…I was wondering where that huge game came from…it was just a hot hand not sustainable type of game??

Yeah exactly. He shot 8/16 and 7/12 from 3. I believe he was 5/6 from 3 in the first half. He is a good shooter but I would be shocked (but excited) to see it happen again. A better option (outside of the primary 2 of Cook and Young) imo is Dwayne Benjamin. He is a more well rounded and just plain better player than Abdul-Bassit. The mins and usage aren’t always there but he could be wort a gpp flyer

• julieduke33

@depalma13 said...

You’re dreaming if you think he will score that few in 35 minutes.

Unless he goes 1-15 cuz that guy loves to shoot

• SeeRed4

@julieduke33 said...

Personally I think anyone can be faded in Cbb especially on the road just due to the fact refs in Cbb very inconsistent and give no star treatment… Plus most coaches refuse to allow players to play with 2 fouls in 1st half (some exceptions and maybe Dunn is one, I don’t know)… 2 fouls in 1st 8 minutes and your 10k guy will only play 28 minutes tops… Obviously nobody can predict fouls …just my opinion of course

Yeah I have played a lot more NBA than CBB so good point. I revert to NBA logic sometimes for opportunity cost. However Grant last night is somewhat similar to Dunn in the sense they are 3/4 category guys in good matchups. Hard to win last night without grant so that is what I am struggling with. I won a ticket last to before the madness so I only have one entry which is making me overthink EVERYTHING.

• elmore0631

Tonight James Harden will get his jersey retired.

What’s this mean to the game? Probably nothing..

• migsrgr8

@olsenjoseph said...

Thanks for the write-up!

Well done again :)
    Gonna side w/ small times this time.

Nice entry regardless !

• julieduke33

@SeeRed4 said...

Yeah I have played a lot more NBA than CBB so good point. I revert to NBA logic sometimes for opportunity cost. However Grant last night is somewhat similar to Dunn in the sense they are 3/4 category guys in good matchups. Hard to win last night without grant so that is what I am struggling with. I won a ticket last to before the madness so I only have one entry which is making me overthink EVERYTHING.

It’s funny he almost picked up 2nd with 12 minutes left in half maybe should have but gave it to Auguste.. Announcers even commented they thought grant picked up 2nd… That would have changed his night completely.. Thankfully he didn’t get it.. I had him..

• phwill

@julieduke33 said...

Agreed. I also like to think that if as many people are pining over Dunn as it sounds, and you’re the head coach of a major CBB team, wouldn’t you recognize it too? I think step 1 in the game plan would be to slow the guy down who triple-doubled on us the last game. College coaches can be dumb though, and limiting Dunn might mean 40 FP, but it doesn’t seem as blindingly obvious to me before tip. I’ve been wrong plenty of times though.

• elmore0631

Like Rozier too. Idk it seems like it could be a trap play though but then again I feel it’s an obvious one. If the game is close I just can’t help think that Rozier has a lot to do with it.

• Mjdfan258

on my way to cameron indoor tar heels gonna kill duke

• milktruck

I think the issue with Dunn isn’t so much thinking he will bust, because he won’t against shitty DePaul, it’s just how confident you are in your ability to build a GPP-winning team around him. Right now I’m not confident enough. I’ve got two entries and don’t think I’ll have him in either.

• julieduke33

I’m not saying Dunn isn’t great play just kind of playing devils advocate… NBA is quite different like westbrook when durant is out ypu pretty much know what your getting

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).