• bbjay20

Smaller slate tonight:

TEMPL SMU Thu 7pm EST UCF TLANE Thu 7pm EST
    PURDU INDNA Thu 7pm EST NEB MRLND Thu 7pm EST
    RUTG IOWA Thu 8pm EST UCONN MEMPH Thu 9pm EST
    USC ARZNA Thu 9pm EST MISSP MISST Thu 9pm EST
    UTAH @ ORGST Thu 11pm EST

• Pittstoner74

last year the ACC had Louisville, UCONN and Memphis playing well for most of year…this year lost Louisville and UCONN wont make tourney and Memphis isn’t as good either…i guess it could be a stat update issue

• Stewburtx8

• 2012 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

@TooBigYo20 said...

Start of year was due to the stats reporting didn’t update them til after the game.

I’d kill if they included every mid major and small conference or next year broke down tournaments by conferences.

Then they could grinders by conf results and have a tournament like they do now based on how much you won in a specific conf

While this idea sounds great, CBB just doesn’t have the volume to support it. If you broke down tournaments by conference, you would have a $500 Big Ten Guarantee, $500 SEC Guarantee, etc. It would just spread everything out and really lead to small prize pools. It’s not like the NBA has Western and Eastern Conference contests. Hell, NL only and AL only are pretty popular season long formats, but the sites haven’t even tried that yet for baseball. A niche sport like CBB doesn’t have 1/100th of the volume as those sports have.

The other issue of including more conferences is the total amount of games in the game slate. I think the sites finally got it right this year by maxing out game slates at around 15 games. To me, that is the perfect happy medium of enough games to reduce overlap, but not too overwhelming for the casual players to give CBB a shot. If you included more games, and mid-majors at that, it could just get waaay to overwhelming for anyone outside the hardcore CBB grinders. Just my opinion.

• depalma13

Thoughts on Gomis – Oregon St. and Stewart -USC for punts tonight.

• depalma13

Double Post.

I hate connection issues.

• gjtgjtgjt

@depalma13 said...

I throw out any game with an O/U under 120 but I’m also an idiot. Stewart is interesting, have to make sure Jordan Mc stays out for it to work, though. Huge contrarian plays against great D’s do work, not that I have the stones.

• bbjay20

I remember MAAC and Ivy games on Friday night last year on DK. I loaded up on Iona. That may have been draftstreet, actually….

Involving all the smaller conferences and schools would really be overwhelming, but including them maybe once a week, or only a handful of the smaller conferences isn’t a bad idea. Why not have a “mid-major Saturday” event or something every week? Why not have a Friday night tourney. Look at this week…there are 7 games Friday night with some interesting teams (Green Bay, Iona, Harvard, Albany). I’d love to have a tourney with those 7 games to play Friday nights.

Doing these tourneys once or twice a week not only add more tourneys/games/players, but also help to get everyone acquainted with these guys for March.

Hopefully there will at least be some mid-major conference tourneys added in March…

• slayeratcp

Here’s hoping that as the NBA guys get back to doing their NBA things, my luck with turn around. I put about double my usual teams out there to catch some of the newbies to CBB but just ran cold over the past 4-5 days. An average score on FD of 195 doesn’t get you much money – yuck.

• bbjay20

@depalma13 said...

Gomis is a solid punt, but his matchup is tough.

I don’t consider Stewart a punt. I consider him a must play (on FD at least) assuming McLaughlin is out.

• bjk121

@bbjay20 said...

I don’t consider Stewart a punt. I consider him a must play (on FD at least) assuming McLaughlin is out.

What do you think about Jacobs vs Stewart? Or is playing them both worthwhile?

• Pittstoner74

The Blog is up…I’ll let you know tomorrow how it played out.

• moneys72

@bbjay20 said...

I remember MAAC and Ivy games on Friday night last year on DK. I loaded up on Iona. That may have been draftstreet, actually….

Involving all the smaller conferences and schools would really be overwhelming, but including them maybe once a week, or only a handful of the smaller conferences isn’t a bad idea. Why not have a “mid-major Saturday” event or something every week? Why not have a Friday night tourney. Look at this week…there are 7 games Friday night with some interesting teams (Green Bay, Iona, Harvard, Albany). I’d love to have a tourney with those 7 games to play Friday nights.

Doing these tourneys once or twice a week not only add more tourneys/games/players, but also help to get everyone acquainted with these guys for March.

Hopefully there will at least be some mid-major conference tourneys added in March…

That was definitely DS. I miss those Friday slates, it really introduced me to some unknown guys for the tournament.

• julieduke33

@bbjay20 said...

Isn’t stewart a little scary at AZ and McLaughlin missed 2 games early January and Jacobs and Reinhardt got all the minutes.. Stewart did nothing.. I’m a little worried it was a one game outlier ala floridas devin Robinson… Don’t get me wrong I’m considering him but minutes jump was crazy and didn’t happen last time McLaughlin was out

• bbjay20

@bjk121 said...

What do you think about Jacobs vs Stewart? Or is playing them both worthwhile?

Stewart probably isn’t worth rostering if McLaughlin plays, but Jacobs could be. I like both currently, especially Stewart on FD where his ability to block shots helps add some value. He might be the better player on there to save 800.

It’s tough since they play AZ. Any other matchup outside of Utah would make this an easy choice. I have them both in multiple lineups and am not liking value plays at F or the mid/higher prices guards as much. Jacobs is more likely to get his, I’d think, as his PT will be there. Outside of his ridiculous explosion against BC, Stewart didn’t do anything until this past game. He could certainly put up a single digit pretty easily. Jacobs-safer, Stewart-upside.

Hopefully they can pick up a lot of garbage points in what should be a blowout. I’m probably going to be way off on this ‘analysis’ of guys I’ve only seen play a few times.

• TooBigYo20

Ya my thinking. Was keep the big 6 together and then the other conf top games. I wasn’t around last year for the March madness pricing but I worry that some guys will be so cheap it will become automatics and 4 v 4 instead 8v8. I could be worrying to much but just what ive seen with teams rarely on dk they are usually 1k Too cheap

• bbjay20

@julieduke33 said...

Isn’t stewart a little scary at AZ and McLaughlin missed 2 games early January and Jacobs and Reinhardt got all the minutes.. Stewart did nothing.. I’m a little worried it was a one game outlier ala floridas devin Robinson… Don’t get me wrong I’m considering him but minutes jump was crazy and didn’t happen last time McLaughlin was out

Totally agree with Stewart. All three played 30+ against Oregon St, so that’s possibly again. Darion Clark will probably play a lot more than the 15 he got in that game against RHJ/Johnson/Tarz, so Stewart could be the one losing minutes.

I just think he earned more PT with his performance and should get minutes over a non-entity in Marquetti, who gets 15-20 mpg. But yeah, it wouldn’t shock me if Stewart got 15 or fewer minutes, though they will need someone to score tonight.

• julieduke33

I’m also thinking USC might have to go bigger to guard tarczewski, Johnson, Jefferson and Ashley… Granted all I know is Stewart is 6’5” and actually may be able to guard bigs but I know nothing about him hence the questions

• julieduke33

@bbjay20 said...

Totally agree with Stewart. All three played 30+ against Oregon St, so that’s possibly again. Darion Clark will probably play a lot more than the 15 he got in that game against RHJ/Johnson/Tarz, so Stewart could be the one losing minutes.

I just think he earned more PT with his performance and should get minutes over a non-entity in Marquetti, who gets 15-20 mpg. But yeah, it wouldn’t shock me if Stewart got 15 or fewer minutes, though they will need someone to score tonight.

oK BBjay we are on the same page then.. Cool I may just roll,out my boy Jay Hook and pray

• bbjay20

@julieduke33 said...

oK BBjay we are on the same page then.. Cool I may just roll,out my boy Jay Hook and pray

I actually just switched a Petteway/Stewart LU to Hook/Uthoff after thinking about it more haha

USC has big guards so they still may go 3 guards even against AZ. And Stewart did start last game, fwiw.

• rocky25579

@bbjay20 said...

I made so much money on Draftstreet on friday nights, with the MAAC and Ivy league games. Miss those days.. Stack the Iona game and watch the cash money roll in

• Stewburtx8

• 2012 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

USC scares me. They are going to get blown out. Oregon State is a good defensive team, but that game was at USC and USC won the game. This game is at Arizona and that isn’t going to happen tonight.

I just remember the last game against Utah where USC scored 39 points and lost by 28. Most of the starters only played 20 minutes in a blowout. I could see a repeat of that tonight.

Now if USC can score 50-55+ points and hang in there for a bit, then I think Jacobs, Stewart, etc all have a good chance to make value if they see 30+ minutes.

• Pittstoner74

Zona will probably go up big pretty fast unless USC is hitting their 3’s…I’m hoping USC is hitting their 3’s as I’m using Stewart…or they leave him in late 2nd half and he keeps jacking them up anyway.

• gjtgjtgjt

@Pittstoner74 said...

Zona will probably go up big pretty fast unless USC is hitting their 3’s…I’m hoping USC is hitting their 3’s as I’m using Stewart…or they leave him in late 2nd half and he keeps jacking them up anyway.

I am riding Kaleb T until it burns for 4 fouls in 8 minutes

• MacCutlerRoadtrip

This is my first year doing CBB DFS. Fanduel only does the major conferences, what do they do during the NCAA tournament when big school s play teams outside these conferences?

• phwill

@MacCutlerRoadtrip said...

This is my first year doing CBB DFS. Fanduel only does the major conferences, what do they do during the NCAA tournament when big school s play teams outside these conferences?

All teams are on the slate then.

• slayeratcp

What’s the deal with Nick King? He seems to be a lock for value when he gets 18+ minutes but has some total duds where he plays 5, 6, 7 minutes.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).