MAIN FORUM

• whistexpert

Duke train of life? Discuss.

• Stewburtx8

• 2012 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

@TooBigYo20 said...

Don’t worry about McLaughlin if you play on DK guys. He randomly was taken out of this slate yet is a GTD. Might wanna see my post about it

Well I play on both sites and he’s priced at $5200 on FD, which would be a steal. Also, if he doesn’t play, both Jacobs and Stewart become viable plays on both sites.

DK rep responded to you in other thread by the way. Said their sources show McLaughlin out indefinitely.

• BovineU

@bhdevault said...

Question. I love college basketball, it’s my favorite sport to watch. My favorite weekend of the year is March Madness.

My question to you guys is, does doing CBB DFS give you more success when filling out brackets?

I’m only asking out of curiosity. Just reading through this, you guys are saying names I never even heard of (except ACC guys, as I watch all of Duke’s games).

I think watching too much basketball hampers my ability to fill out brackets well.

• TooBigYo20

Yes, I just saw and responded. I get their point to grow the game. You don’t grow the game by making it easier than any other game around. That is what they are doing.
    If I am looking for guys and see a team has 6-7 guys available and team with 11-13 what team do you think I am choosing from just based on the easiest knowledge that minutes = points at the base of research.

I mean I know other grinders haven’t really touched on the subject, but it needs to be brought up because as it is seen, people are rostering these guys. That’s not my problem if they do. I have absolutely 0 issues if they put a O up or a note in the card, that’s fine, but don’t completely take away a key aspect of CBB research and roster building.

I don’t see them taking NBA guys out every single night and entering them back in based on their information.

Just extremely frustrating as they basically are saying, hey, we want to build this for you, but we are going to make it as easy as possible for anyone to come in and play and thus we win from the rake and you guys just trade money back and forth

• bbjay20

@Stewburtx8 said...

Well I play on both sites and he’s priced at $5200 on FD, which would be a steal. Also, if he doesn’t play, both Jacobs and Stewart become viable plays on both sites.

DK rep responded to you in other thread by the way. Said their sources show McLaughlin out indefinitely.

Vegas Insider has him listed as out, if that means anything

• milktruck

How many people are you consistently beating who play injured players? If you’re a profitable player at your level, it’s not because 3 people in a GPP took an injured guy.

• milktruck

And these sites win with the rake regardless of who they put in the player pool or don’t.

• bbjay20

@TooBigYo20 said...

Yes, I just saw and responded. I get their point to grow the game. You don’t grow the game by making it easier than any other game around. That is what they are doing.
    If I am looking for guys and see a team has 6-7 guys available and team with 11-13 what team do you think I am choosing from just based on the easiest knowledge that minutes = points at the base of research.

I mean I know other grinders haven’t really touched on the subject, but it needs to be brought up because as it is seen, people are rostering these guys. That’s not my problem if they do. I have absolutely 0 issues if they put a O up or a note in the card, that’s fine, but don’t completely take away a key aspect of CBB research and roster building.

I don’t see them taking NBA guys out every single night and entering them back in based on their information.

Just extremely frustrating as they basically are saying, hey, we want to build this for you, but we are going to make it as easy as possible for anyone to come in and play and thus we win from the rake and you guys just trade money back and forth

I fully agree.

it’s your own fault if you don’t find out about a guy’s injury ahead of time and still roster him. It sucks when 5 minutes before the game, he’s declared out or has a hush-hush suspension, but those are the breaks. If a guy is not out for the season, and especially has a chance to suit up, he should be in the pool, no questions asked.

• TooBigYo20

@milktruck said...

How many people are you consistently beating who play injured players? If you’re a profitable player at your level, it’s not because 3 people in a GPP took an injured guy.

On DK last night in 2 separate cash hu games, one being an NBA grinder who I won’t out, played Michael Frazier.

End of argument

• Stewburtx8

@bbjay20 said...

Vegas Insider has him listed as out, if that means anything

I saw that too. Which is surprising because he was listed as questionable both last Thursday and this past Sunday. So I really have no clue what his status is. He’s had shoulder issues off and on all year, and had it surgically repaired in high school. CBB is a lot easier for coaches to just manipulate the injury reports, or really give no report at all. Makes it tough to find information other than sometimes you get some opinions from beat writers.

• rkenzel2

Something to keep an eye on regarding Southern Cal…

USC basketball players Darion Clark and Julian Jacobs got into a fight after practice Tuesday at Galen Center.”

http://www.ocregister.com/usc/practice-652209-jacobs-clark.html

Fights are never uncommon, especially with losing teams, but we’ve seen Enfield is not afraid to lay down suspensions.

• TooBigYo20

@milktruck said...

And these sites win with the rake regardless of who they put in the player pool or don’t.

The quote to this was about building the game. There are other ways to build it. Great promotions, great tournaments like the 64 bracket one which is awesome.

Not just oh let’s put just the starting 5’s and 6 mans in the rosters and let people battle it out

• TooBigYo20

And even with all the info out there, I have been burned multiple times by guys getting suspended right at game time or just right before. That’s part of the game in any of the sports you play.

Oregon suspensions, Chris Jones suspensions, and the list can go on

• Varncass

CBB/CFB Contributor

RG Overall Ranking

• 2014 RG Season Champion: CBB

I’m fairly certain that Enfield is about to shut down McLaughlin for the rest of the year. I’m seeing all the same stuff you guys are, but when a player is ruled “out indefinitely” and the coach says we will determine his status “going forward” later this week, it generally means they are contemplating shutting him down which would make the chance of him playing tonight nearly 0 in my opinion.

• bbjay20

@rkenzel2 said...

USC basketball players Darion Clark and Julian Jacobs got into a fight after practice Tuesday at Galen Center.”

Fights are never uncommon, especially with losing teams, but we’ve seen Enfield is not afraid to lay down suspensions.

haha, always the crappy teams.

I really wanted to roll jacobs out tonight, now I’m hesitant.

• julieduke33

@Stewburtx8 said...

I see him out indefinitely too and scores and odds site has him listed as out and they usually only post that info if legit… But they could be wrong it is Cbb

• Varncass

CBB/CFB Contributor

RG Overall Ranking

• 2014 RG Season Champion: CBB

@rkenzel2 said...

Oh good, that’s the last thing I wanted to see before tonight. Welp.

• phwill

@TooBigYo20 said...

Just remind yourself that it’s not personal. It’s in the sites’ best interest to make it easier for a casual fan to win and have everyone eek out a 50-55% win rate. Keep everyone playing and paying rake.

It seems to me that given the number of DFS sites sprouting up, that it’s not hard to start one. I’ve seen enough people vent frustrations about sites posting player/game news that maybe there’s a niche market available for purists who want to win or lose on their own merit?

• julieduke33

Read an article about USC fight and coach said they are best friends and it was over something stupid, no discipline will be handed out…just google usc basketball news and article will pop up…LA Times article

• Stewburtx8

@julieduke33 said...

I see him out indefinitely too and scores and odds site has him listed as out and they usually only post that info if legit… But they could be wrong it is Cbb

Donbest and SportsDirect have him as Questionable….so who knows.

• milktruck

I will say if growing the sport is their goal then the easiest way to do that is increase the GPP prize pools rather than removing injured players. If you’re a casual fan you are going to look at the NBA payouts and immediately do that instead.

• julieduke33

@Stewburtx8 said...

Donbest and SportsDirect have him as Questionable….so who knows.

Donbest has him out indefinitely.. I looked about 15 minutes ago

• bbjay20

Thoughts on Craig Sword tonight against UK? Should we be concerned about their perimeter D or just the interior?

• julieduke33

@bbjay20 said...

Thoughts on Craig Sword tonight against UK? Should we be concerned about their perimeter D or just the interior?

I considered him but stayed away just cuz it’s Kenrucky, but didn’t look to deep into numbers or anything plus his price was nowhere close to what I was trying to fit in to my LU

• julieduke33

By the way BBjay, congrats on Cuse win, way to show up Jerian Grant…what was he doing out there…hope he was sick or something

• kings2609

Rule of thumb for me never play anyone against UK, Virginia, Clemson and Oregon St. Unless extremely 3k value play. That said you can go elsewhere for better value than sword.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).