CBB FORUM

Comments

• bbjay20

Decent slate tonight, 9 games on FD. MEMPHIS DEATH TRAIN LOADED AND READY TO ROLL

And FD and DK, can we get some FRIDAY TOURNEYS please?!

• slayeratcp

@Joe1Coal said...

So wouldn’t that be good for Shields and Petteway, especially since both are in the top 100 of minutes played in the country and petteway is really high in % of shots taken for his team….just a thought.

I like Pettaway, not as high on Shields though

• slayeratcp

@kenneth51 said...

This is something that I’ve been thinking about for awhile and I’m curious to see what you guys think. For these slates where there is no clear great match ups and really short slates in general, I have shifted my focus away from match ups and pace and towards just trying to roster the best basketball players. Obviously there are still match ups I would rather target and those I would rather avoid, but on a slate like this where those factors are mostly equal I find myself gravitating to the established players, whereas on a normal slate I would be much more likely to gamble on a guy who maybe just isn’t that good but is in a good spot.

I usually pick my possible players out based purely on stats and projections first, and then adjust based on matchups and tempo. This has worked pretty well for me so far. In this case, you just wouldn’t make many adjustments. So yeah, play the best players. Being at home helps as a tiebreaker in this case.

• Joe1Coal

@bradhektor said...

Josh Richardson is gonna rain on Vandy tonight

WB IV

• bjk121

Dawson or Nichols tonight? Tough choice for me.

• bradhektor

@Joe1Coal said...

WB IV

The emergence of Willie Carmichael III maybe?

• elfife2

Only been playing for a few weeks now, but it seems a slate like this should give those who do more research and whatnot more of an edge imo. No obviously high-scoring games based on Vegas O/Us for beginners to target, so research and knowing depth/minutes of the teams is even more important.

• Joe1Coal

@bradhektor said...

The emergence of Willie Carmichael III maybe?

I like it.

• TooBigYo20

@julieduke33 said...

Donbest has him downgraded to doubtful for what it’s worth

DK (shockingly..not) doesn’t even have him in the player pool so since their sources beat anyone elses. Assuming he’s out

• gjtgjtgjt

Gomis train coming into the station, choo choo choo

• julieduke33

@TooBigYo20 said...

DK (shockingly..not) doesn’t even have him in the player pool so since their sources beat anyone elses. Assuming he’s out

I don’t play at DK but have to agree with you , don’t know why they take guys out of player pool

• TooBigYo20

The only ones that disagree with me are the owners and operators of DK.
    Oh well.

Going to be hilarious when I ship the March Mania and show up on DKTV with fanduel gear on

• TooBigYo20

Couple things tonight

1. Think tonight is the first time in ages you can feel safe fading Russell in cash and he’s more a GPP play

2. One of these games is going OT and going to tilt me hard. I’m guessing SMU/Mem as I am fading that blackhole completely

3. Memphis still sucks and so does Josh

4. Is today the Octepus goes off? One can hope

5. Tonight should be the night ASU chasers and Gerry Blake followers fall back to earth.

6. F people that thought Gerry Blakes was good.

7. F Gerry Blakes

8. Did I mention we have Memphis on the roster tonight

GL ALL

• bbjay20

Any preference between Michael Humphrey and Reid Travis? Humphrey is 500 more than travis on FD and Travis is 400 more on DK.

• bbjay20

@TooBigYo20 said...

It’s so arbitrary too. They still have Victor Robbins from Oregon State in there even though he has an indefinite suspension and a recent DUI.

• gjtgjtgjt

@TooBigYo20 said...

Couple things tonight

1. Think tonight is the first time in ages you can feel safe fading Russell in cash and he’s more a GPP play

2. One of these games is going OT and going to tilt me hard. I’m guessing SMU/Mem as I am fading that blackhole completely

5. Tonight should be the night ASU chasers and Gerry Blake followers fall back to earth.

7. F Gerry Blakes

GL ALL

I am probably in the minority, but with all the value on the board, I could find no reason to fade Russell, personally. I also think this game and the MSU-Minn game will probably be the high side games, tonight. But there is a ton of value out there, I think. GL to you, too

• BovineU

@TooBigYo20 said...

Going to be hilarious when I ship the March Mania and show up on DKTV with fanduel gear on

Do you have a seat?

• Stewburtx8

• 2012 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

@bbjay20 said...

Any preference between Michael Humphrey and Reid Travis? Humphrey is 500 more than travis on FD and Travis is 400 more on DK.

I used each of them on some teams, neither of them on some teams, and even both of them on a team or two.

So basically, I got no clue. Use the cheaper one in cases where it gives you the extra $$$ to get the guys you want.

• bbjay20

@TooBigYo20 said...

Couple things tonight

7. F Gerry Blakes

GL ALL

I’ve been comfortable fading Russell since he cracked 10K. It’s definitely been the right move lately.

You can bet a PAC game will go OT and end at 1:30AM. Bill Walton will be in all his glory.

Anybody taking any Memphis players besides Nichols or Shaq? I want some Trashcan supporters to show themselves.

• Stewburtx8

@BovineU said...

Do you have a seat?

He’s GordonHayward20 on DK.

• BovineU

@Stewburtx8 said...

He’s GordonHayward20 on DK.

Nice. My jealousy is only getting worse with each qualifier.

• TooBigYo20

@BovineU said...

Do you have a seat?

yes. made it with a team made on my phone in 3 minutes.

• bbjay20

@TooBigYo20 said...

yes. made it with a team made on my phone in 3 minutes.

Those are my best teams usually

• TooBigYo20

@bbjay20 said...

Humphrey AINEC for me

• TooBigYo20

@gjtgjtgjt said...

I am probably in the minority, but with all the value on the board, I could find no reason to fade Russell, personally. I also think this game and the MSU-Minn game will probably be the high side games, tonight. But there is a ton of value out there, I think. GL to you, too

My whole thing with Russell tonight is his price for this slate is about 1k too high imo. This coming from the guy that played him up until like 10,800. I’m not saying he can’t drop 4x + but at 2k less on DK almost I can have Valentine/Dawson where as I’m taking what Russ and some 5k guy to = the same values?

• Stewburtx8

@BovineU said...

Nice. My jealousy is only getting worse with each qualifier.

Agreed. I think I’ve finished 2nd twice and 5th once so far. Twice if I used my other GPP team in the qualifier I would of won. But I’ll keep firing…. if I ever get a seat…it will probably have cost me more than the value of the seat….but I just want a seat.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).