CBB FORUM

Comments

• dwbuz

When do y’all think fd will release gpp and how big do you think they will be?

• Stewburtx8

• 2012 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

@dwbuz said...

When do y’all think fd will release gpp and how big do you think they will be?

My guess is that they are waiting for conclusion of ACC games today.

I hope they have a smaller afternoon slate and then a larger night slate. Something like $3k early with a $5k late for the Alley Oop.

I’m not going to be too ambitious with my hopes as I know they consider Wednesday their worst day for CBB in terms of volume.

• dwbuz

Early is out. I hope they go ahead and release the late. Early will fill for sure.

• jakeupjohnson

All are out

• theoddsmaker

What the hell is up with Cal minutes lately. Is Kravish going to play 15 minutes or 35 tomorrow? Doesn’t seem to be any inbetween with him lately…

• bbjay20

@theoddsmaker said...

What the hell is up with Cal minutes lately. Is Kravish going to play 15 minutes or 35 tomorrow? Doesn’t seem to be any inbetween with him lately…

He was in foul trouble early in both

• Stewburtx8

I’m glad to see that DK AGAIN changed the size of their qualifier tomorrow. The $20 qualifier only had 106 entries for the early slate tomorrow. They have consistently been sized larger than that at the same price point. I got shutout because the contest has filled over 13 hours early. What a complete joke. I will reiterate, they couldn’t have run this contest ANY worse.

It also looks like they will be having at least 6+ qualifiers in the NBA which is ridiculous. Why not run a large qualifier for CBB with multiple seats on Friday or Saturday?

• migsrgr8

@bbjay20 said...

….& Hawkinson is the type he’ll be fouling IMO

• dwbuz

@migsrgr8 said...

….& Hawkinson is the type he’ll be fouling IMO

He has been foul prone this year. last time they played he spent most his time on the bench and it seems like he still fouled out way early.

• DubDeuces85

The best answer would be to run a CBB qualifier with like 5 seats given imo.

• Stewburtx8

@DubDeuces85 said...

The best answer would be to run a CBB qualifier with like 5 seats given imo.

That would be the best answer. Draftkings doesn’t seem to want to find the best answer. The structure of this whole contest, with no schedule from the start, has been terrible.

They have had no consistency to the size of the contests. One night the $20 buyin has 200 entries, the next night it has 100. The $200 buyin started with 16 entries, now it has 30+. The $100 buyin entries has fluctuated in the 20’s to 40’s… and so on. No consistency makes it hard for the players to know what they are playing. It also makes it impossible to know how quickly you have to stalk the lobby to make sure you get your entries in.

There really has been no schedule from the start. It’s just been thrown together and randomly decided for the next day what qualifiers they should run. Players have asked for an advanced schedule from the start. We have got 1-2 advanced notice at most. There is no reason to have NBA qualifiers for a CBB contest. But they ran this so poorly that they decided they had to. Yet the easy way out, and then one that would of satisfied the players, is a big CBB qualifier with multiple seats run Friday or Saturday this week. That doesn’t seem to be happening.

• bbjay20

Threw a new blog together for tonight’s slate

https://rotogrinders.com/blog-posts/digging-the-mines-finding-cbb-value-late-wednesday-3-11-15-fanduel-picks-610159

• moneys72

So true Stew. Unfortunately, it’s been painfully obvious for most of the year that neither DK or FD cares much about CBB. The contest size discrepancy for the same buy-in and having NBA contests to qualify for a CBB tournament is just poor design.

• bjbrian12345

Wish the UNC-Boston College game was on Fanduel.

• slayeratcp

Having a tough time picking between teammates – who do you guys thing provides more VALUE?

NC State guards – Lacy, Barber, Turner
    Minnesota forwards – Walker, King
    Washington guards – Andrews, Williams-Goss
    Texas – Turner, Holmes – actually leaning very heavily Turner’s way for this one but figure that both are solid plays vs. Tex. Tech

• bodymore52

Is the Hawk must own in fd early slate?

• Stewburtx8

@bodymore52 said...

I didn’t play him somehow. Guessing he will be highly owned. Hard to fade him in a cash game. But as a GPP player, I liked my lineup better without him. I’ll hope he only puts up 25-30 and doesn’t become a must have at 40+.

• mikemaz13

RG Overall Ranking

anybody know why Rod Hall didn’t get minutes last game ?

• slayeratcp

@bodymore52 said...

I have him in some, left him out of others. I like Pettaway, as well as some higher priced guards so it was tough to fit him in every lineup.

• bobby_jenno

RG Overall Ranking

What do you guys think about pairing up Shields and Petteway in cash games on Fanduel?

• Stewburtx8

@moneys72 said...

So true Stew. Unfortunately, it’s been painfully obvious for most of the year that neither DK or FD cares much about CBB. The contest size discrepancy for the same buy-in and having NBA contests to qualify for a CBB tournament is just poor design.

I’ll say this, FD HAS reached out for user feedback. It may not have changed a lot, but I know they have at least one person who definitely cares about CBB working for them. I don’t agree with everything they are doing, but I think their hands are little tied from above on what they can offer. I was actually surprised the Survive the Madness was as big as it is. 5 times the size of last year is pretty good.

DK may have reached out for user feedback as well. I do not know. I am not one of their bigger players in terms of volume in CBB (I’m not on FD either). Although I am one of the more vocal on these forums, and do play every single night. But I think they really botched the March Mania. It was a tremendous idea that unfortunately fell flat in execution. That being said, if I somehow still qualify, then I will probably love it again.

• slayeratcp

@mikemaz13 said...

anybody know why Rod Hall didn’t get minutes last game ?

Sounds like may have been a discipline issue – “a coach’s decision”
    http://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/sports/college/clemson/2015/03/10/senior-guard-rod-hall-return-clemson-lineup-wednesday/24703151/

• theoddsmaker

@bbjay20 said...

Well considering last game he only finished with 3 fouls guess it just proves my theory that coaches essentially foul out there own player the way they mis-handle “foul trouble” which is idiotic if you ask me.

Either way I know if I play him he will put up 4.2 FDP and if I dont he will put up 35+

• theoddsmaker

Which Jovanovic is playing today? The one who dominates down low and looks like the best player/leader on the team or the one who stands around for 35 minutes watching his teammates playing the sport that is paying for his tuition?

• winsome

@slayeratcp said...

Washington St. guards – Andrews, Williams-Goss

Those are UW’s guards, not Wazzou

• bodymore52

I was so confused about that ⬆

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).