CBB FORUM

Comments

• dwbuz

When do y’all think fd will release gpp and how big do you think they will be?

• IndianaJoinz

Everybody in that qualifier tonight?

• slayeratcp

@winsome said...

Those are UW’s guards, not Wazzou

Haha, thanks for the catch – changed

• mattsax18

I didn’t know all blossomgame does when he is open is pump fake then pass it. Back out…looks like he’s afraid to shoot..been open numerous time and just pump fakes.. 2 shots… Always boggles my mind how in Cbb best players sometimes fail to shoot

• theoddsmaker

@mattsax18 said...

I didn’t know all blossomgame does when he is open is pump fake then pass it. Back out…looks like he’s afraid to shoot..been open numerous time and just pump fakes.. 2 shots… Always boggles my mind how in Cbb best players sometimes fail to shoot

For as good as Kaminsky is I feel the same way watching him play. He will be wide open from 3 and then a guard 8 inches shorter than him will run over to “contest” his shot which is usually enough to scare him out of still shooting it only to dish it back up to the point (probably because there is still 20 seconds left on the shot clock – god forbid you shoot it with more than 5 seconds left). Then with 1 second left a forward will chuck up a fade away 20 foot two-pointer that bricks of the side of the rim. slow clap

One solution is to have a 24 second shot clock.

• whistexpert

yeah it’s frustrating when the best player in CBB plays unnecessary team basketball. it’s not as painful to watch when everyone around him is contributing but… some of these games you are just like BE SELFISH MAN youre getting slaughtered!

• winsome

@whistexpert said...

yeah it’s frustrating when the best player in CBB plays unnecessary team basketball. it’s not as painful to watch when everyone around him is contributing but… some of these games you are just like BE SELFISH MAN youre getting slaughtered!

The problem with CBB is the coaching arrogance. Stifles the product. That’s why I love watching BYU

• bbjay20

@theoddsmaker said...

For as good as Kaminsky is I feel the same way watching him play. He will be wide open from 3 and then a guard 8 inches shorter than him will run over to “contest” his shot which is usually enough to scare him out of still shooting it only to dish it back up to the point (probably because there is still 20 seconds left on the shot clock – god forbid you shoot it with more than 5 seconds left). Then with 1 second left a forward will chuck up a fade away 20 foot two-pointer that bricks of the side of the rim. slow clap

One solution is to have a 24 second shot clock.

At least a 30 second shot clock would help, or at least give the impression that it helps speed up the game and hopefully offensive production.

• elfife2

Kaminsky is coached to be that way. Wisconsin is one of the most patient, deliberate offenses in the country so it’s not surprising that he passes up shots more than other elite scorers.

The coaches who realize their team is in shambles and must rely heavily on one player to win games are the spots that can really benefit you in DFS. UConn has had good teams, but what they did with both Kemba and Napier in the NCAA Tourney comes to mind. If you have the best player on the floor and the other team can’t figure out how to contain him, run the well dry.

I agree re: watching BYU. Wish there were more teams that played that style. My Cyclones are also very fun to watch.

• julieduke33

@winsome said...

The problem with CBB is the coaching arrogance. Stifles the product. That’s why I love watching BYU

Exactly control freak coaches…Notre Dame can be fun to watch at times too…

• julieduke33

I’d love a 30 second clock but in my opinion you would have to go with 6 fouls as well….with more possesions, more fouls, more coaches benching better players…if they stuck with 5 we would just get to see a lot more possesions with the bench in..

• julieduke33

Blossomgame 3 shots …number 10 who I never heard of Devoe 6… No wonder losing by 13…. Announcer just said blossomgame must be in witness protection program in this game…haha…ok so I’m not the only one

• mikemaz13

RG Overall Ranking

Rathan-Mayes making it look easy from 3

• theoddsmaker

@julieduke33 said...

Blossomgame 3 shots …number 10 who I never heard of Devoe 6… No wonder losing by 13…. Announcer just said blossomgame must be in witness protection program in this game…haha…ok so I’m not the only one

14.3 FDP is not the end of the world bad with 10 minutes left. Try getting like -3 or whatever out of Blackshear a few weeks ago.

DFS CBB is essentially trying to get as many players to crack 20-25 FDP points as possible. The price tag on a guy is just an indicator that he is “more likely” over the “long run” going to regress to getting “slightly more” points than guys priced lower than him. Haha I know I’m being over the top but I always stress that CBB is way, way, WAYYYY more like MLB than it is NBA (I think people have the right mindset in thinking it would be closer to it’s professional version of the sport though). High priced guys bust allllllllll the time so it isn’t as detrimental as Brow “only” putting up 35 FDP when he is going for $11k. After lock, just root for as many guys to get over 23.5 FDP as possible..Blossom still might do that so it’s not like all Blossom teams are RIP.

• julieduke33

I just don’t know why he isn’t shooting and Devoe is taking all the shots…plus now he’s on the bench…can’t score from there….I’m not saying he is killing my teams, he is highly owned , just that I don’t understand why someones best player isn’t taking the most shots…sure looks like FSU’s best player is and they are up 18…. Coincidence?? I think not..

• whistexpert

@theoddsmaker said...

14.3 FDP is not the end of the world bad with 10 minutes left. Try getting like -3 or whatever out of Blackshear a few weeks ago.

lol thats cause blackshear can be garbage =)

ive only been half watching but blossomgame has been on the bench quite a bit… especially for getting pooped on

• theoddsmaker

Other than Blossom, are there really any busts in this game? I mean he can even still get it together. Thinking that since I have 0 guys in the first game I’m already in a bit of a hole.

• MARJAC

• 2015 FanDuel CFB Playboy Mansion Finalist

@theoddsmaker said...

Other than Blossom, are there really any busts in this game? I mean he can even still get it together. Thinking that since I have 0 guys in the first game I’m already in a bit of a hole.

He has to be on the court, first. The mother f’n Clemson coach does not even have his “best player” on the friggin’ court.

• julieduke33

@MARJAC said...

He has to be on the court, first. The mother f’n Clemson coach does not even have his “best player” on the friggin’ court.

Even when he is on court he is just standing around watching…you know its bad when politically correct espn announcer calls you out for being missing in action

• Rico13

I’m assuming Landry Nnoko has never been told the meaning of laissez faire.

• julieduke33

@Rico13 said...

I’m assuming Landry Nnoko has never been told the meaning of laissez faire.

Haha… He fouled out in 7 minutes last time they played the announcer said….how is that even possible

• MARJAC

• 2015 FanDuel CFB Playboy Mansion Finalist

@julieduke33 said...

Even when he is on court he is just standing around watching…you know its bad when politically correct espn announcer calls you out for being missing in action

You’re absolutely right. But he still has to be on the court to even have a chance at doing something. Blossom was on the bench for a long stretch before Nnoko fouled out.

• elfife2

Meeks owned at 8.9% in DK Buzzer Beater. I thought his news was pretty widespread.

• whistexpert

@MARJAC said...

You’re absolutely right. But he still has to be on the court to even have a chance at doing something. Blossom was on the bench for a long stretch before Nnoko fouled out.

I played blossomgame, pretty perplexing performance. Silver lining is good riddance Clemson.

• Rico13

I screamed the exact same thing at my tv. Truly a great mystery. If you know you’re in foul trouble, just keep your hands to yourself.

• theoddsmaker

Oh god, this last minute is going to produce about 60 FDP and last 2 hours, really regret fading this game, there are like 0 real busts

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).