CBB FORUM

Comments

• milktruck

All the LSU/ARK and Duke/UNC

• SeeRed4

@julieduke33 said...

Haha, I thought the same thing about arcidiacono…how is he not a senior…reminds me of Gerry McNamara…I belive he was with Syracuse from 2000 to 2010…

seriously….getting his 6th major

• SeeRed4

@MARJAC said...

The $5000 Forward dilemma:

Holton or Traylor if looking for the higher GPP upside?

It appears that Traylor has the higher upside, but Holton has the higher floor?

It is hard to say that because it is a small sample size for Traylor. He seemed to thrive with the minutes and OU’s strength is not its interior. Holton has reached value in 3 of last 4. I feel like with sheer minutes alone barring foul trouble makes Traylor have a higher upside for sure.

• Cconn026

Here’s what I remember from Varncass’s write-up last night

Pitt – None
    FL. State – XRM in GPPs only

Syracuse – None
    NC State – Ralston Turner

Seton Hall – None
    Georgetown – Issac Copeland

Michigan State – Valentine and Costello
    Indiana – Williams

Butler – Chrabs
    Providence – Kris Dunn

Northwest – None
    Iowa – None

OK State – Nash
    West VA – Carter

St. John’s – Pointer
    Villanova – Archidiacano (sp?)

LSU – Martin, Patterson, and I believe Quarterman
    Arkansas – Portis, Qualls, Madden

Florida – None
    Kentucy – None

Cal – None
    AZ State – Holder

Kansas – Mason and Traylor
    Oklahoma – Hield

Kansas State – Nigel Williams
    Texas – Yancy

Clemson – None
    Notre Dame – None

Stanford – Reid Travis
    Arizona – Tarc and Stanley Johnson

I may have missed a player or two but thats what I remember from reading last night

• bobby_jenno

RG Overall Ranking

@Cconn026 said...

Here’s what I remember from Varncass’s write-up last night

Pitt – None
    FL. State – XRM in GPPs only

Syracuse – None
    NC State – Ralston Turner

Seton Hall – None
    Georgetown – Issac Copeland

Michigan State – Valentine and Costello
    Indiana – Williams

Butler – Chrabs
    Providence – Kris Dunn

Northwest – None
    Iowa – None

OK State – Nash
    West VA – Carter

St. John’s – Pointer
    Villanova – Archidiacano (sp?)

LSU – Martin, Patterson, and I believe Quarterman
    Arkansas – Portis, Qualls, Madden

Florida – None
    Kentucy – None

Cal – None
    AZ State – Holder

Kansas – Mason and Traylor
    Oklahoma – Hield

Kansas State – Nigel Williams
    Texas – Yancy

Clemson – None
    Notre Dame – None

Stanford – Reid Travis
    Arizona – Tarc and Stanley Johnson

I may have missed a player or two but thats what I remember from reading last night

looks right from what I remember

• SeeRed4

I think trying to target the KU backups may be the wrong angle…what about Spangler/Thomas vs backup bigs? Thoughts?

• myrjimmy3

scotty reynolds and levance fields come to mind as guys that seemed like they were with their respective teams for over a decade lol

• bobby_jenno

RG Overall Ranking

@SeeRed4 said...

I think trying to target the KU backups may be the wrong angle…what about Spangler/Thomas vs backup bigs? Thoughts?

GPP plays along with the guards for Oklahoma. Too inconsistent for me. The Oklahoma guys have been priced too high all year to me.

• djw2033

Anything on Dawson ?

• Cconn026

@djw2033 said...

Anything on Dawson ?

He’s dressed in uniform and on the floor for warmups

• SeeRed4

Guards

Dunn- Not much more you can say about this kid. He is matchup proof and he can put up huge games even in slow tempo games due to contributing in 4+ categories

Grant- One of the best multi category guards in the country. It seems like paying for Dunn will be what most people do and Grant put up a good game vs Clemson last time out. He is a contrarian pivot with people paying up for Dunn if they go that high.

Valentine- Valentine is much stronger than the indiana front court and if Dawson ends up being out his rebound totals could go up due to being a good rebounding guard.

Ferrell- He is playing @ home and a win in this game would be huge to solidify a tourney birth. He seems to get up for big games.

Patterson- cheap, high tempo….in my opinion @ his price he is a plug and play.

Turner vs Cuse – He has been getting a lot of minutes lately and producing at very affordable price tag.

Yancy- He has a lot of upside and been playing big minutes in the last 5 games or so.

Holder- Playing @ home and getting a ton of minutes.

Nigel Johnson- Nino Williams out, seems to produce every time he gets minutes. My only concern is the Texas defense is very solid @ playing on the road at texas.

FORWARDS

Henton vs Butler – He and Kris Dunn have all the poss/shot%

Portis vs LSU -Stud and will be a littler easier to score if he doesnt have a healthy mickey guarding him

Martin vs ARK- with Mickey banged up he could get a serious increase in poss/shot%

Pointer @ Nova- Absolute beast who has put up 40+ in 4 straight games

Copeland vs Seton Hall- Gives up quite a few rebs and isn’t strong in the interior

Spangler vs KU- Ellis out/ Alexander out playing at home could make his price much more inticing. He is never the focal point of the offense but is a guy that can put up a double double vs a weakened interior.

Johnson vs Stanford- RDJ hurt his shoulder in the last game and coach Miller says he is okay. I don’t see RDJ getting many minutes due to them already locking up the pac 12 title. Johnson could see more usage in this game.

Andrew Chrabascz vs Prov- Came back and played over 30 in his first game back. He used to be a guarantee 20+ fps before his injury

Matt Costello (even if dawson plays IMO) vs Indiana – Great strategy is to target bigs vs interior of Indiana (especially if Dawson is out).

Bonzie Colson vs Clemson- Clemson gives up most of its point inside and Colson has been playing more minutes as of late.

Jonathan Holton vs OK ST- Holton is a guy that you can expect right around 20 fps and nothing more. Safe but not a lot of upside.

Kaleb Tarczewski vs Stanford- Zeus has been playing much better as of late. RHJ is banged up and he may see a few more minutes because of it.

• elfife2

Joe Rexrode ✔ @joerexrode
    Word from MSU spokesman — Branden Dawson will be a “game-time decision,” they’re going to see how he is after warmups.

If you have time to monitor stuff before lineups lock, I find this useful: https://rotogrinders.com/pages/cbb-news-feed-427849

• SeeRed4

I wanted to type out my thoughts….I don’t know if I should post it for “competitive advantage” but I don’t care….thoughts of my picks?

• zinyzo

Dawson “doubtful but possible” per Izzo on pre game radio

• winsome

FWIW Donbest says Dawson is “probable”

• bobby_jenno

RG Overall Ranking

anyone worried that Kansas may get blown out?

• hawgfan

I’m hoping a sold out BW and senior day will get them going

• migsrgr8

@SeeRed4 said...

I wanted to type out my thoughts….I don’t know if I should post it for “competitive advantage” but I don’t care….thoughts of my picks?

Lot’s of good ones !
    The Copeland pick is interesting. Seems like he’d been fading lately, but you’re point about their frontcourt is good.

• SeeRed4

@migsrgr8 said...

Lot’s of good ones !
    The Copeland pick is interesting. Seems like he’d been fading lately, but you’re point about their frontcourt is good.

Yeah man they are very weak esp. in the rebounding department.

• SeeRed4

@bobby_jenno said...

anyone worried that Kansas may get blown out?

They could easily get blown out…they have nothing to play for except for momentum going into the conf. tourney.

• elfife2

I see Kansas losing by 10+ today

• phwill

@elfife2 said...

I see Kansas losing by 10+ today

same here

• SeeRed4

I still like Costello if Dawson plays but I downgrade Troy Williams upside…thoughts?

• phwill

@SeeRed4 said...

I still like Costello if Dawson plays but I downgrade Troy Williams upside…thoughts?

I agree with you 100%

• whistexpert

So is traylor still a good pick?!

• elfife2

If you can make it work, take Oubre instead of Traylor.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).