CFB FORUM

Comments

• TuscaloosaJohnny

Trying to get the CFB discussion going so I figured I’d start this one.

First thoughts on the Thursday night slate: will Lawrence and Mond play enough to be worth value? My guess is no and I’m leaning toward Morgan and McMillian in what should be a decent scoring, but close, game between FIU and Tulane.

• msunken

Anyone rolling out Jaylen Erwin WR UCLA for 3k and RB BYU Tyson Williams for 4.5k? Both cheap and starting on DK

• Felixxberg

@msunken said...

Anyone rolling out Jaylen Erwin WR UCLA for 3k and RB BYU Tyson Williams for 4.5k? Both cheap and starting on DK

I’m giving Erwin a shot and fading Overton. Also going Huntley over Daniels.

• Stangs13

Is Kelly out for UCLA? Didn’t play him but hadn’t heard any news either. He wasn’t out there the first series

• TuscaloosaJohnny

@Stangs13 said...

Is Kelly out for UCLA? Didn’t play him but hadn’t heard any news either. He wasn’t out there the first series

Yeah, I’m wondering the same. Got him in a lot of lineups. 😒

• TuscaloosaJohnny

Just my luck: my sleeper pick Pierce catches a bomb and re-injures an ankle.

• pick6er

Well my night is over early… Wish CFB had a mandatory injury list of some sort, Kelley really did me dirty sitting on the sideline with pads and a helmet on. Thanks Chip!

• Stangs13

Any idea what percantage owned Kelley was?

• cjousma

@Stangs13 said...

Any idea what percantage owned Kelley was?

16% in my tournament including myself. Ugh. I hate Chip Kelly.

• LegiaWwa

No Etienne, no cash

• Felixxberg

Well, at least my whole lineup did bad. I had 5 guys below 10 DK points.

Any must tonight?

• MoeFlavors

@Felixxberg said...

Well, at least my whole lineup did bad. I had 5 guys below 10 DK points.

Any must tonight?

I would say Shenault and Hubbard are close to must plays. Also Randall West at 4.5k on DK at a flex position is not a bad price for a starting QB against Rutgers.

• msunken

Zander Horvath at 4,200 RB Purdue seems WAY to cheap on DK

• Felixxberg

Thanks to both of you. I had Shenault, Hubbard and Horvath in my “gut” lineup. Now I’m hesitating whether I should keep Colin Hill or go with West. The only reason I have Hill is because I have Warren Jackson. No idea if he’s a decent play.

• gunthie176

@Felixxberg said...

Thanks to both of you. I had Shenault, Hubbard and Horvath in my “gut” lineup. Now I’m hesitating whether I should keep Colin Hill or go with West. The only reason I have Hill is because I have Warren Jackson. No idea if he’s a decent play.

dont love the CSU players too much, only 21 pts on the team total

i’m mostly fading the MSU game as the total is low and the spread is high

USU/Wake has a tight spread and high total, will be heavy there, as well as OKSt and ORSt as the total is huge there, though there is some blow out risk attached.

• MoeFlavors

Quintez Cephus is 3000 on DK. The guy won won the 4$ yesterday had a 0 i believe. I know hes not getting a 0. You could do worse.

• TuscaloosaJohnny

Lots of Love tonight. Get it? Get it?

Anyway, I’m thinking Montez as S-Flex, RBs Horvath, Blackshear, Hubbard, WRs Jackson, Cepheus or Flemings at $3k each, Surratt, Stoner.

No idea yet who will even fit in a lineup. Just throwing out ideas. 😂

• Jk1492

Hinton steps into Gregdortch’s role in the wake offense.

• Felixxberg

@gunthie176: I’m still torn. I’m new to CFB but it’s fun to follow. The hype isn’t as big here in Canada though. I use Vegas odds in most DFS sports, but I’m still trying to find the optimal strategy for CFB DFS. Tight games with a high total are obviously a plus. Blowouts are hard to predict. Travis Etienne had a crazy good game yesterday despite the blowout win. Paying up at RB is usually good as they have a high floor and decent upside, but then once in a while you have a guy like Byrd who goes crazy at WR.

@MoeFlavors: Scores were kind of low yesterday though. Most people at the top of the GPP I played had two guys below 10 DK points.

• TuscaloosaJohnny

@Felixxberg said...

@gunthie176: I’m still torn. I’m new to CFB but it’s fun to follow. The hype isn’t as big here in Canada though. I use Vegas odds in most DFS sports, but I’m still trying to find the optimal strategy for CFB DFS. Tight games with a high total are obviously a plus. Blowouts are hard to predict. Travis Etienne had a crazy good game yesterday despite the blowout win. Paying up at RB is usually good as they have a high floor and decent upside, but then once in a while you have a guy like Byrd who goes crazy at WR.

@MoeFlavors: Scores were kind of low yesterday though. Most people at the top of the GPP I played had two guys below 10 DK points.

Yeah, it’s tricky predicting if how long someone is going to play in those blowouts and how they will fare with diminished touches. I faded Etienne to my dismay.

Now have to decide tomorrow if Tua is going to light it up enough in one half of play…

• Felixxberg

@TuscaloosaJohnny said...

Yeah, it’s tricky predicting if how long someone is going to play in those blowouts and how they will fare with diminished touches. I faded Etienne to my dismay.

Now have to decide tomorrow if Tua is going to light it up enough in one half of play…

I always prefer having a guy who will play the full game. At least you have hope until the end!

• Felixxberg

There’s something I don’t understand. Warren Jackson is touted everywhere, but there’s no mention of Colin Hill anywhere. When we roster a WR, shouldn’t we assume his QB will have a good game as well?

Then, it’s the opposite for Randall West. He’s touted but none of his WRs is. Why would Sadiq Palmer not be a good play? He’s listed as WR1 and he’s cheap enough. I guess West throws the ball equally to all of his WRs?

• TuscaloosaJohnny

@Felixxberg said...

I always prefer having a guy who will play the full game. At least you have hope until the end!

I think more often than not you’re better off fading players in expected blowouts.

• TuscaloosaJohnny

@Felixxberg said...

There’s something I don’t understand. Warren Jackson is touted everywhere, but there’s no mention of Colin Hill anywhere. When we roster a WR, shouldn’t we assume his QB will have a good game as well?

Then, it’s the opposite for Randall West. He’s touted but none of his WRs is. Why would Sadiq Palmer not be a good play? He’s listed as WR1 and he’s cheap enough. I guess West throws the ball equally to all of his WRs?

Yeah, you have a point. I guess the assumption is the QB will indeed have a good game, but that there are better QB values elsewhere. OTOH, it might be wise to throw Hill in some lineups with Jackson since he may be low owned.

• mambaland

min price qb on fanduel starting

• djw2033

I’ll bite .. who ?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler