3:30 PM EST : N Illinois ( 10 ) at Iowa ( -10 ) —- T: 48.5
    3:30 PM EST : W Virginia ( -10 ) at Tennessee ( 10 ) —- T: 61.5
    3:30 PM EST : Washington ( 2.5 ) at Auburn ( -2.5 ) —- T: 48.5
    3:30 PM EST : Austin Peay ST ( 0 ) at Georgia ( 0 ) —- T: —
    3:30 PM EST : Wash State ( -3 ) at Wyoming ( 3 ) —- T: 47
    4:00 PM EST : UT Martin ( 10 ) at Missouri ( -10 ) —- T: 61.5
    4:00 PM EST : N Carolina ( 7.5 ) at California ( -7.5 ) —- T: —
    4:00 PM EST : UNLV ( 25 ) at USC ( -25 ) —- T: 62.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – CFB strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks CFB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• hobbes2d

@Stewburtx8 said...

Line movement has all gone in favor of Northwestern. Opened at Purdue -3.5 or 3 most places. It’s now down to 1.5.

That game is a toss up to me. Like on paper I can see leaning Northwestern. But I think Brohm is a good college coach with a proven offensive scheme being a disciple of Petrino. Plus they’re at home.

• jtkucheck

@hobbes2d said...

The Purdue-Northwestern game really interests me. 2 Bowl teams playing a conference game right off the bat so it’s a big game. Brohm is an up and coming coach and I think Purdue should be better this year. Northwestern has had some slow starts in the past and both starting QBs are coming back from injuries.

There seems to be some conflict on the starting RB for Purdue- is it Knox or Jones?

• stubbysooner77

• 2015 DraftKings FCFWC Finalist

I’m completely off of UCONN with possible exception of their starting running back who’s a volume play. They have been absolutely decimated by injury. When I saw the line of UCF -23 I was skeptical but the digging deeper it seems like a good spot for UCF. I worry about a new coach on the road (Heupel was fired from his job as offensive coordinator at OU, but did well at Mizzou) but I don’t think UCONN can keep up with UCF. One thing that’s slightly worrisome is UCONNs pace of play is glacial. Not sure the under might not be the play.

• stubbysooner77

• 2015 DraftKings FCFWC Finalist

I noticed the Friday slate GPP is way smaller than the Thursday Saturday ones. It appears there might be some massive overlay on the Thursday contests…

• hobbes2d

@stubbysooner77 said...

I noticed the Friday slate GPP is way smaller than the Thursday Saturday ones. It appears there might be some massive overlay on the Thursday contests…

I assume they will add to Friday’s slate. There’s only 1 tournament listed right now.

• GracieKal

I disagree with that. I’ll be playing 2-3 UConn Players. This game has the 2nd highest Vegas Line. Milton is going to sling it and will hit value IMO. If you can find some cheap players, I’d suggest playing him even in cash. UConn QB played really well vs. UCF last year. He’s a dual threat and UCF Passing Defense wasn’t in the Top 100 last year. If you are going to stack — Pindell w/ Mayala and Milton with Dixon ($3,000 Starter). Pindell will be playing catch up the whole time, so he will be slinging it to his main target Mayala. I’m going to probably role w/ Milton and Pindell in the same lineup.

• Edit — this was to the guy who said he was fading UConn. I’m new to this.
  • manoffewwords

@scsa1998 said...

Hi Daniel, thank you for reaching out to us. You can only enter and edit lineups for CFB contests while physically located in a permitted state.

That is the response that I just got when asked if I can drive out to NJ and update lineups in NY

?? I have edited from banned state.

• rishipatel412

What is cash game strategy for CFB? Right now I’m assuming it is Flex RB SuperFlex QB. Pay up at QB/RB and punt WR?

• Dadeano860

@rishipatel412 said...

What is cash game strategy for CFB? Right now I’m assuming it is Flex RB SuperFlex QB. Pay up at QB/RB and punt WR?

Obviously each slate is different, but you seemed to generally outline what I think is ideal right now where we’re getting such cheap QBs from these trash teams where depth charts aren’t set

• scsa1998

I have too in the past but I’m wondering if they changed something so it wont allow it anymore.

• TheJBaum

Anyone have a good website to find depth charts and not just rosters? Thx

• Footballjedi129

@TheJBaum said...

https://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football-depth-charts/
    Came across this one today, seems to be accurate

• jtkucheck

@Footballjedi129 said...

https://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football-depth-charts/
    Came across this one today, seems to be accurate

Doesn’t have any FCS depth charts unfortunately, which are the ones we need the most.

• manutdfan7

I have found it useful to go the school website and look for a gameday program or information. Almost every school has one for the team and you can find depth charts and information about the team in them. I found some of the other sites online are not as accurate.

• mtdurham

CFB just seems impossible to research good grief… between the blowouts, the depth charts, the massive slates… i mean you gotta be like a pro’s pro to make sense of all this i feel like

• madmanjayWV

@mtdurham said...

CFB just seems impossible to research good grief… between the blowouts, the depth charts, the massive slates… i mean you gotta be like a pro’s pro to make sense of all this i feel like

Find your own feel and play that…. but 16 game slates with no break outs (THAT is super tough to cover or have a good feeling about so just pick whatever seems like it might work and hope for the best)

EIGHT GAMES —- 8 in CFB is almost too many 5-7 IMO are the best – but I love a good 3-game Mid-American Conference slate —-

Believe me when I tell you I am truly digging deep looking for the #AYDS

Has any1 seen this KID PLAY? anyone even going 0.5% if u r MAXING 150 LINEUPS ?

Don’t have time to LOOK UP HUDL highlights —

TRE NIXON UCF | #16 WR
    Salary: $3,000
    Next Game: UCF@UCONN (08/30 7:00 PM EST)

HE somehow ended up on my printed list when I left work.

• madmanjayWV

@TheJBaum said...

Message boards honestly are some of ur best chances…
    DO i need more or less Ball State?

• madmanjayWV

IF I dig any deeper I’m either going to go blind or broke

SAGE SURRATT Wake Forest | #14 WR
    Salary: $3,000
    Next Game: WAKE@TUL (08/30 8:00 PM EST

• jman3034

After researching this week, made a little list of players that I think will have an impact and what teams I’ll be lookin at…hard to really gauge anything in the first week, but hope this helps out.

UCF: Milton (QB), Killins (RB), Snelson/Davis/Nixon (WR)
    UCONN: Pindell (QB), Mayala/Dixon/Beals (WR), Mensah/Scott (RB)

Ball: Neal (QB), Hall (WR), Gilbert/Huntley (RB)

Minny: Annexstad (QB), Smith (RB), Johnson (WR)

Utah: Huntley (QB), Moss (RB), Johnson (WR)

NWestern: Larkin/Skowronek (WR)
    Purude: Anthrop (WR)

Mizzou St: Huslig (QB), Randall (RB)
    Ok State: Cornelius (QB), Hill (RB), Stoner/McClesky (WR)

Wake: Hartman (QB), Colburn (RB), Dortch (WR)
    Tulane: Banks (QB), Encalade/Mooney (WR)

TAMU: Mond (QB), William (RB), Ausbon/Davis (WR)

• jtkucheck

@jman3034 said...

Utah: Huntley (QB), Moss (RB), Johnson (WR)

I wouldn’t sleep on Britain Covey- just came back from Mormon mission so he only has one year of game experience but is physically a lot more mature than he was as a true freshman, when he put up 43/519/4. He also doesn’t have any stats by his name (since he hasn’t played in two years) so may go lower owned than he otherwise would.

• jman3034

@jtkucheck said...

I wouldn’t sleep on Britain Covey- just came back from Mormon mission so he only has one year of game experience but is physically a lot more mature than he was as a true freshman, when he put up 43/519/4. He also doesn’t have any stats by his name (since he hasn’t played in two years) so may go lower owned than he otherwise would.

Ya he will for sure be an impact player for them, but for this game at least I think Utah is going to be more run based. Really like Moss at RB and Huntley for his mobility

• Wander_Bread

@Stewburtx8 said...

Line movement has all gone in favor of Northwestern. Opened at Purdue -3.5 or 3 most places. It’s now down to 1.5.

Fitzgerald has not tipped his hand on whether Thorsen is ready to go or if it wil be TJ Green but all team insiders have Thorsen starting so I grabbed NW with 2.5 last weekend.

As for fantasy purposes, Ramaud Chiaokhiao-Bowman is listed as a starting receiver on the NW depth chart and is min priced at 3k. No Justin Jackson so maybe they sling it a bit more and limited pash rush from Purdue. May be worth a shot in GPP

• OystersAndBeer

New to CFB DFS but excited about the opportunity to play.

My strategy for running backs is pick a RB with a high team total and his team is favored. Then I read articles and see what’s up but do you guys think I’m on the right track? Should I concern myself more with the O/U + favored team.. or just look for raw talent/hyped guys? I’ve don’t decent with NFL in the past and I always try to keep game flow in mind. Same thing for picking a “sleeper” WR from a team that should get beat by multiple TDs.

Just wondering your guys thoughts

• kinger8705

Ball State RB’s will split carries evenly according to their beat writer …

• elgambino

Seeing a lot of love for Tulane’s receivers because they’re cheap starters, but think a lot of folks will flock to that without realizing they’re an option attack team that is absolutely going to attack on the ground.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).