Fri, Aug. 6 at 9:30 p.m. — B.C. Lions at Saskatchewan Roughriders

Sat, Aug. 7 at 7:00 p.m. — Toronto Argonauts at Calgary Stampeders

Sat, Aug. 7 at 10:00 p.m. — Ottawa Redblacks at Edmonton Elks

DEPTH CHARTS

Ham vs Wpg

BC at Sask

Tor at Cal

Ott at Edm

The great Canadian game is back! Finally… There have been so many personal changes for each team, I still don’t know where to start. And even a team name change, no ‘Edmonton Football Team’ though, thank goodness! But keep checking back as starters start comming to light. There will be some major blow outs week one (easy call. There always is ). If you have the right stack, it will be easy money…

• OttawaCityMadman

Excellent pre season write up from Ben Kramer at Dailyroto. Best I’ve seen since CFL had been a fantasy option. It really covers all the main and mid tier and punt plays for each team… If you are just getting into CFL for the first time, this is definitely where you want to start…

CFL fantasy preview”: https://www.cfl.ca/2021/07/28/fantasy-comprehensive-positional-preview/?tf_u[mailId]=d4ec0dd56e&tf_u[team]=CFL

https://cfl.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=7a0c86d02b5c64ea04a3c48be&id=636fcaa400&e=d4ec0dd56e

https://www.cfl.ca/2021/08/03/start-vs-sit-elks-offer-tantalizing-options/

• rock

Thanks for posting the CFL info. Are there any other sites you would recommend?

• OttawaCityMadman

@rock said...

Thanks for posting the CFL info. Are there any other sites you would recommend?

I use CFL.ca and tsn.ca mostly. I will be posting the team’s depth charts in here as soon as they are released. There used to be a site (can’t remember the name) that did a weekly blog, but they quit the CFL. I will be looking for anything like that. If I find a good one I will post a link as well.

• rock

Awesome. I did a good amount of cfl a couple of years ago, stacked Edmonton a lot and had fun. Is it the slotback that tends to get a lot of receptions?

• OttawaCityMadman

@rock said...

Awesome. I did a good amount of cfl a couple of years ago, stacked Edmonton a lot and had fun. Is it the slotback that tends to get a lot of receptions?

Slot receiver or slot back?

• rock

@OttawaCityMadman said...

Slot receiver or slot back?

Do you know which position generally gets the most receptions. Side note- DK had banks listed as out. Who do you think benefits the most from this?
    Thanks

• OttawaCityMadman

Right the slot receivers are the top fanastsy guys. Burnham, Banks, Elengston. A teams most expensive guy, non qb, is usually a slot.

Banks is ready to play, I see nothing about an injury to start the year. It is DPosey that looks like he won’t be ready. Addison should see the 2nd most targets after Banks…

• Syzltuth

Hey man, glad to have cfl back, should be a fun season!

• OttawaCityMadman

Hey Syzl, lets get at er!

Pricing is tough. Need to find that one $3000 rookie that is going to break the slate. And we wont know any till we see depth charts. Keep your eye on Worthy Tor, and Dedmon Ott. See if they are going to get double duty, KR and Rec….

• OttawaCityMadman

Good site here. Lots of up to date info: https://3downnation.com/

• rock

Good site here. Lots of up to date info: https://3downnation.com/

Thank you for posting this info. If harris is out, do you like any rb to fill in as a good value? is there a different rb you like on this slate?
    Gonna give this cfl some lineups.

• OttawaCityMadman

@rock said...

Thank you for posting this info. If harris is out, do you like any rb to fill in as a good value? is there a different rb you like on this slate?
    Gonna give this cfl some lineups.

No problem. I will post everything I use in my research. I like to have it all here for quick reference. Later in the season when the contests become terrible and everyone is concentrated on NFL, I will still be posting the CFL weekly thread. It will seem like I am talking to myself! Lol

If Harris is out, big IF but I will def have alot of who ever is listed as starting RB1. My only concern would be that they split Oliviera and Augustin even touches. Definitely keep your eye on this…

Watch also if DAdams is out, will open a huge door for someone to step in and take #1 rec. Where do I know the name Cam Meredith? Did he play for the Bears?

• rock

Thanks for getting back. Do you normally stack a harris w walker and bring it back w a wr from the opposing team like the nfl?

• cplatt87

Where do I know the name Cam Meredith? Did he play for the Bears?

Stints with the Bears and Saints, yeah. Apparently his girlfriend lives in Winnipeg which is how the Bombers signed him. I think he’s on the practice roster though as he was battling an injury through camp, so it’s doubtful he plays week 1

• OttawaCityMadman

@cplatt87 said...

Stints with the Bears and Saints, yeah. Apparently his girlfriend lives in Winnipeg which is how the Bombers signed him. I think he’s on the practice roster though as he was battling an injury through camp, so it’s doubtful he plays week 1

Cool. Too bad, I bet he could have had a huge game

• OttawaCityMadman

@rock said...

Thanks for getting back. Do you normally stack a harris w walker and bring it back w a wr from the opposing team like the nfl?

I am definitely going to have a bunch of Edm. I don’t think Ottawa will be terrible all year, but first game against a quality O, it should be good for lots of fantasy points. I am locking in JamesWJ prob 75-80% of my line ups. Stack with Harris, Ellingston and or Walker and Edm D. Keep your eye also on who gets RB 1 in Ott. If its Flanders, he is our free square for week one, no question. He will be Super chalk, I guess around 40% owned, maybe more… RJHarris should be Ott’s goto Rec, but if Dedmon gets return duties as well as starting WR, I like him a bunch too…

I do like game stacks, I will do one for each game. Run a second lineup and swap the respective QBs if I feel a game is going to blowup for 80+ points.

• rock

I am definitely going to have a bunch of Edm. I don’t think Ottawa will be terrible all year, but first game against a quality O, it should be good for lots of fantasy points. I am locking in JamesWJ prob 75-80% of my line ups. Stack with Harris, Ellingston and or Walker and Edm D. Keep your eye also on who gets RB 1 in Ott. If its Flanders, he is our free square for week one, no question. He will be Super chalk, I guess around 40% owned, maybe more… RJHarris should be Ott’s goto Rec, but if Dedmon gets return duties as well as starting WR, I like him a bunch too…

I do like game stacks, I will do one for each game. Run a second lineup and swap the respective QBs if I feel a game is going to blowup for 80+ points.

Thank you for the info, I will try to use some of it and build some stacks. Who is JamesJW?

• OttawaCityMadman

sorry JWJ that should be. James Wilder Jr, Edm. He might take Harris’s crown of all purpose yards this year if healthy…

• rock

sorry JWJ that should be. James Wilder Jr, Edm. He might take Harris’s crown of all purpose yards this year if healthy…

If you have a lot of JWJ, does that mean you won’t have much of the Harris back up if he sits or flanders? Or they could be used as a flex to save salary?

• brianmuhs

After becoming a casual CFL fan a few years from right across the border, I’m going to give CFL fantasy a shot this year. I really like watching the game and hope that once the COVID situation gets better I can see a Ticats game in person.

• OttawaCityMadman

@rock said...

If you have a lot of JWJ, does that mean you won’t have much of the Harris back up if he sits or flanders? Or they could be used as a flex to save salary?

Im going heavy on Flanders if he gets the RB1 tag. If he doesn’t, it is back to the drawing brd. I have a feeling AHarris will play but will be a 70/30 or 60/40 split in touches with the RB2&3. AHarris will still be a solid fantasy producer BUT I have a gut feeling the ‘wrong side of 30’ is going to catch up with him this season.

• OttawaCityMadman

@brianmuhs said...

After becoming a casual CFL fan a few years from right across the border, I’m going to give CFL fantasy a shot this year. I really like watching the game and hope that once the COVID situation gets better I can see a Ticats game in person.

It really is a fun game, fun league. Just different. I discourage people from comparing it to the NFL, of course its no where near the same level. Like Aussie Rules football and such.

• brianmuhs

I agree. I like the faster pace of the game and the sense of urgency that I feel only having three downs brings to the game. I really enjoyed the Grey Cup a few years ago too, even though the Tiger-Cats got destroyed.

• rock

Any opinions on Banks. If I have 10 total lineups, is Banks in 5 too much?
    Thanks for any opinions or insights.

• OttawaCityMadman

In my humble opinion. BBanks is the “Tyreek Hill” of the Cfl! As of now I have BB in 3of16 lineups. I still have to edit some dummie lineups however which have Addison in them. I will end up with around 30 lus, might have Banks in 6or7. I believe he will payoff his price. 50% Banks is allright. Part of my strat this week is to fade the first game for the most part however.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).