MAIN FORUM

Comments

• sethayates

Thursday 6/30 7:00ET

Ottawa Redblacks at Montreal Alouettes

Odds: Over/Under 54 (1 of 4), OTT (-1), Implied total OTT 28-MTL 26

Key Injuries:

MTL: Henry Burris placed on the six-game injury list, Ernest Jackson injured in 4Q did not return for OT. Officially listed as starter and looks good to go.

OTT Depth Chart

MTL Depth Chart

Thursday 6/30 10:00ET

Toronto Argonauts at Saskatchewan Roughriders

Odds: Over/Under 51.5, TOR +3.5, Implied Total TOR 24-SSK 27

Key Injuries:

TOR: Kevin Elliot left week 1 with shoulder injury.

TOR Depth Chart

SSK Depth Chart

Friday 7/1 7:00ET

BC Lions at Hamilton Tiger-Cats

Odds: Over/Under 50.5, BC +6.5, Implied Total BC 22-HAM 28

Key Injuries:

HAM: Tiquan Underwood missed week 1 with concussion, Will play Friday. Terrence Tolliver injured week 1 (undisclosed) did not practice Monday placed on six-game injury list.

BC: Manny Arceneaux took a shot to shoulder in 3Q saw limited targets after that. Is officially listed as starter on team’s depth chart for Friday.

BC Depth Chart

HAM Depth Chart

Friday 7/1 10:00ET

Winnipeg Blue Bombers at Calgary Stampede FRI 10:00ET

Odds: Over/Under 49.5, WPG +10, Implied Total WPG 20-CGY 30

Key Injuries:

WPG: Weston Dressler left Week 1 in 1Q with concussion has been ruled out for Week 2.

WPG Depth Chart

CGY Depth Chart

Let’s get the strategy discussion going. Who do you like this week?

My thoughts are here in the CFL Grind Down

• golferdude31

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #98

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2016 King of Summer Champion

Have you posted the week 2 grind down anywhere yet?

• Bharrell23

I tweeted him, but didn’t hear back. I assume that means he is finishing it up. I am guessing ti will be out later this afternoon or this evening.

• LeRoiStephon

• Blogger of the Month

@SwedishFishy said...

http://d3ham790trbkqy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2016/06/2016-Depth-Chart-Game-1-vs.-Toronto.pdf

I don’t see him listed at all

He just signed with the team and got put on the active roster this week…

• Pickle29

@golferdude31 said...

Have you posted the week 2 grind down anywhere yet?

It’s here: https://rotogrinders.com/articles/cfl-grind-down-week-2-1348267

• DCoop328

@djcory27 said...

Brandon banks will be my punt rb

Trevor Harris will be my punt kicker.

• golferdude31

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #98

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2016 King of Summer Champion

Thanks Pickle!

• sethayates

I just updated the original post with links to depth charts for the Thursday games. I’m getting ready to add those to the Grind Down and make some updates based on new information.

A couple things just broke:

Henry Burris was placed on the six-game injury list. Trevor Harris is officially the guy now.

Vernon Adams Jr. is expected to be the short-yardage QB for MTL tomorrow. If true, this really hurts Kevin Glenn’s value.

• badguyJIM

you are the man seth! Thanks for all the work!

• SwedishFishy

Other injury news:

Dressler is out
    Elliott is out

• Bryant23

I have $5,500 left and one flex spot open! Any suggestions?

• Pickle29

@Bryant23 said...

I have $5,500 left and one flex spot open! Any suggestions?

Thu-ONLY slate? Logan or Shaw
    Thu-Fri slate? Burnham, McDuffie, Logan, or Shaw

• sethayates

I just added WPG and CGY Depth charts to the original post. If anyone sees HAM and BC charts let me know and I’ll update those as well.

The only big change is Mayo is starting for Dressler, we already knew Dressler was out though.

• thetitanlb

Man i have 1100 left on the table on my Thursday only lineup. I could upgrade John Chiles to Sinopli. But i feel like the SSK guys will be super low owned and if they go off it will give a big advantage to those who use them. Opinions on leaving 1100 on the table?

• Shaptown88

@thetitanlb said...

Man i have 1100 left on the table on my Thursday only lineup. I could upgrade John Chiles to Sinopli. But i feel like the SSK guys will be super low owned and if they go off it will give a big advantage to those who use them. Opinions on leaving 1100 on the table?

If you’re playing GPP I don’t see any issue with leaving $1,100 on the table.

• thetitanlb

@Shaptown88 said...

If you’re playing GPP I don’t see any issue with leaving $1,100 on the table.

Yeah i usually leave a few hundred on the table in every sport i play no matter what. It just helps diversify a little bit. Just never left over a k on the table. Plus CFL is all new so just wanted others opinion on it.

• Shaptown88

@thetitanlb said...

Yeah i usually leave a few hundred on the table in every sport i play no matter what. It just helps diversify a little bit. Just never left over a k on the table. Plus CFL is all new so just wanted others opinion on it.

You never really know. I actually made a lineup for the Thur-only slate with $2,300 left over. Have to be different from everyone to take down a GPP.

• thetitanlb

@Shaptown88 said...

You never really know. I actually made a lineup for the Thur-only slate with $2,300 left over. Have to be different from everyone to take down a GPP.

Yup i agree.

• sethayates

@thetitanlb said...

I have no issue with the $1100 left over. The pricing isn’t necessarily all that sharp so it’s very possible you’ve identified cheap players who should outperform their price.

I don’t agree that SSK guys are sharp plays though. They will be low-owned but they should be. We are talking about a team that went 3-15 last season. There is a reason they were the team selected to get a bye week to open the season. They’ve also lost their two leading rushers from last season and three of their top four WRs. On top of that, QB Darian Durant is playing his first game since an ACL injury in Week 1 of last season.

Obviously, someone is going to put up fantasy points but I’m not specifically targeting SSK guys just because they will be low-owned. The only guy I really like on the entire team is Returner/WR Kendial Lawrence.

• thetitanlb

Still trying to determine how many from 1 team is too many. Especially now since return yards are a thing. It kind of throws a wrench into thoughts.

• thetitanlb

@sethayates said...

I have no issue with the $1100 left over. The pricing isn’t necessarily all that sharp so it’s very possible you’ve identified cheap players who should outperform their price.

I don’t agree that SSK guys are sharp plays though. They will be low-owned but they should be. We are talking about a team that went 3-15 last season. There is a reason they were the team selected to get a bye week to open the season. They’ve also lost their two leading rushers from last season and three of their top four WRs. On top of that, QB Darian Durant is playing his first game since an ACL injury in Week 1 of last season.

Obviously, someone is going to put up fantasy points but I’m not specifically targeting SSK guys just because they will be low-owned. The only guy I really like on the entire team is Returner/WR Kendial Lawrence.

Yeah but the years before that they were a pretty solid team. Dont you think losing Durant in game 1 was the big loss for them? Historically he seems to be a pretty good player. Plus it seems they are actually bringing in some talented guys. Roosevelt has actually played snaps in the nfl at WR. John Chiles as well is a talented dude who can have big time plays who has been on nfl rosters.

• sethayates

@thetitanlb said...

Yeah but the years before that they were a pretty solid team. Dont you think losing Durant in game 1 was the big loss for them? Historically he seems to be a pretty good player. Plus it seems they are actually bringing in some talented guys. Roosevelt has actually played snaps in the nfl at WR. John Chiles as well is a talented dude who can have big time plays who has been on nfl rosters.

I probably am being a little unfair. I do have one Durant team just in case I’m wrong but that’s out of eight lineups for tonight. SSK has turned over nearly their entire roster since last season. They also looked horrible in the preseason (Durant didn’t play the first game). I’m taking the wait and see approach here. As long as I can get similar value at the same price I’d rather not play the unknown with SSK. It’s certainly a viable route for GPP though, just not something I’m doing.

• thetitanlb

@sethayates said...

I probably am being a little unfair. I do have one Durant team just in case I’m wrong but that’s out of eight lineups for tonight. SSK has turned over nearly their entire roster since last season. They also looked horrible in the preseason (Durant didn’t play the first game). I’m taking the wait and see approach here. As long as I can get similar value at the same price I’d rather not play the unknown with SSK. It’s certainly a viable route for GPP though, just not something I’m doing.

True i agree its a bit of the unknown especially since it seems like a whole new team. Hard to know what to expect.

• miller_time

Planning on fading Rainey, who would you look at in his range as a pivot?

• SwedishFishy

@miller_time said...

The “traditional” RBs in his price range — Van, Steele, Gable (I like them in that order)

• sethayates

@miller_time said...

I like Travon Van for $200 more if you are talking strictly at the RB position. A different way to fade Rainey though is take Shawn Gore for $3800 at WR and then you have enough for any RB you want. It’s tough to pay for RB but if Rainey doesn’t score a return TD he won’t see the ball much on offense. If he gets something like 140 return yards that is 7 points. I like Harris, Sutton, Messam and Van to all get more than 7 (though all cost more than Rainey).

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).