MAIN FORUM

Comments

• SwedishFishy

I’ll kick off the thread for the week.

http://www.3downnation.com/2017/07/19/cfl-fantasy-week-5-sleepers-value-plays/

Big news: Adarius Bowman is out this week after getting banged up in Week 4

• kittymanportrait

Yeah he def has Green. Too bad the guy ahead of him has sinopoli or u could make the play to jump him.

• themarksman13

I could go Fuller.

• kittymanportrait

You deserve a bonus if you take it down with 5k left on the table, but you would definitely have your own lane to victory.

• thetitanlb

@kittymanportrait said...

Speaking of should haves…if I had read your comments on Burnham before 855 Friday night, I probably would have switched him in for Davaris Daniels in a lineup or two which would have given me at least one lineup with 121.2 with Green and Argonauts D to go. Instead I’m sitting at 100 on the dot hoping Green and Argos do well enough for me just to min cash. I still don’t even know…who was out for WPG that bettered Burnham’s matchup?

Mo Legget

• kittymanportrait

Thanks. One more name added to my CFL knowledge.

• Stewburtx8

• 2012 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

@themarksman13 said...

I disagree. Van carries on first down cost them three drives. That’s inconsequential in the CFL. HAM’s pass D has tremendous potential, in particular, Richard Leonard, Keon Lyn and Justin Rogers. Now Lyn is probably done for the year after breaking his leg, but Leonard played extremely well and so did Rogers, prior to moving to the boundary CB, where he’s never played.

Once Davis and Kanneh return, this unit has the ability to be one of the better units in the league. Remember, this is a Kent Austin team.

I don’t doubt that Hamilton’s pass defense will improve (it kind of can’t get worse and help is on the way) but so far this year, Ray threw for 506, Glenn threw for 380, Lulay threw for 436 and Reilly now threw for 370. They’ve been the worst passing D in the league so far by far. Which is why I thought Edmonton should have just come out and threw the ball 80% of the time. Again, I thought any success Hamilton had defensively was because Edmonton put themselves in bad situations too often.

• Stewburtx8

BTW, CFL has been really good so far with strong prize pools. Unfortunately the $25k post pattern didn’t even break even this week. The prize pools have decreased significantly next week already. Too drastic in my opinion and this is how DraftKings killed CFL DFS last year. The prize pools just got smaller and smaller until most people became uninterested.

• mccoolio

@Stewburtx8 said...

BTW, CFL has been really good so far with strong prize pools. Unfortunately the $25k post pattern didn’t even break even this week. The prize pools have decreased significantly next week already. Too drastic in my opinion and this is how DraftKings killed CFL DFS last year. The prize pools just got smaller and smaller until most people became uninterested.

Yeah, bad move on their part IMO. Considering the Milly Maker was last week, you’d think they’d be smart enough to take that affecting entries in other contests into account…

• Stewburtx8

@mccoolio said...

Yeah, bad move on their part IMO. Considering the Milly Maker was last week, you’d think they’d be smart enough to take that affecting entries in other contests into account…

I understand CFL is going to be insignificant by the time NFL starts but I thought we could at least get some good prize pools until then. But a $5 buy-in $12k is not very exciting. Highest guarantee above that price point is $5k.

• rock

Any thoughts on wilder or fuller in the flex spot. It looks like both are starting and I need to use one or the other to replace padan. Wilder safer? Fuller more upside?
    Thank you
    Rockersrockers

• Stewburtx8

@rock said...

Any thoughts on wilder or fuller in the flex spot. It looks like both are starting and I need to use one or the other to replace padan. Wilder safer? Fuller more upside?
    Thank you
    Rockersrockers

Fuller definitely has more upside. Toronto is going to throw the ball a lot. In Week 2 when he started, Wilder had 7 carries for 20 yards and 4 catches for 33 yards. So unless he gets a goal line TD (or two somehow), I don’t see much upside. I guess he is safer for 8-10 points though if that is what you are looking for. He is not the pass catcher Whitaker is but Toronto typically will check down to their backs a few times per game.

Fuller might only be the 3rd or 4th option for targets, but he has downfield ability which he showed in Week 1. He also will see less coverage when SJ Green should be the primary focus of Ottawa.

• rock

@Stewburtx8 said...

Fuller definitely has more upside. Toronto is going to throw the ball a lot. In Week 2 when he started, Wilder had 7 carries for 20 yards and 4 catches for 33 yards. So unless he gets a goal line TD (or two somehow), I don’t see much upside. I guess he is safer for 8-10 points though if that is what you are looking for. He is not the pass catcher Whitaker is but Toronto typically will check down to their backs a few times per game.

Fuller might only be the 3rd or 4th option for targets, but he has downfield ability which he showed in Week 1. He also will see less coverage when SJ Green should be the primary focus of Ottawa.

Thank you for the insight.

• Mozzie7

Any thoughts on Fuller vs Coombs tonight (on DK) now that Fuller is definitely active?

• Syzltuth

Had Powell still in there, was hoping for some in game action from him plus kick returns but swapped him out for fuller. I have some green as well but hoping the added attention to green opens up some looks for fuller

• themarksman13

Compare Reily’s yardage before Lyn’s injury and after it.

Also, there’s something to be said about losing 3 all-star DBs before the season starts.

• themarksman13

If you need to pivot off of Green, Fuller is your guy.

If I’m ranking flex for this game, it goes:

Green, Ellingson, Fuller, Edwards, Sinopoli, Powell, Coombs, Spencer, Wilder, Jackson, Stangby, then I don’t care

• themarksman13

in the $8 Post pattern, I’m considering coming off of Green to go Fuller…I still have no clue why he isn’t like 7k. DK, wanna explain that to me?

• Stewburtx8

@Mozzie7 said...

Any thoughts on Fuller vs Coombs tonight (on DK) now that Fuller is definitely active?

Again, I think Fuller vs Coombs is similar to Fuller vs Wilder. Coombs is safer (think he gets higher target share), Fuller has more upside.

• Stewburtx8

@themarksman13 said...

Compare Reily’s yardage before Lyn’s injury and after it.

We are going to have to agree to disagree here, but PLAY CALLING played a big factor. Look at the 2nd quarter alone (3 straight drives that went run for minimal gain, incomplete, punt). They consistently put themselves in bad spots by running the ball with no success. Almost every time they let Reilly sling it, they scored points.

I agree Hamilton has had bad luck with injuries in the secondary. Doesn’t change the fact that the current version of their secondary is poor and one we should be targeting in DFS.

• Stewburtx8

@themarksman13 said...

I still have no clue why he isn’t like 7k. DK, wanna explain that to me?

I think $7k would be a little high and make him unplayable at that price. I admittedly do not know much about him but his CFL career looks rather mediocre (less than 4 catches and 50 yards per game on average). Best season ever he had 47-619-3 in 14 games. Now I do think if he stays healthy and establishes his role in the Toronto offense, his price will go up for sure. He had a bad TD drop in Week 1 but did make some nice plays as well. But right now isn’t he their 3rd or 4th option for targets?

As far as coming off Green, I think it would depend on where you sit in a GPP. Green has a much higher ceiling and much higher floor. But if people in front of you all have Green, then switching to Fuller could make sense if you want a chance at a top finish. But if you are OK with a solid cash/higher finish, I would stick with Green.

• themarksman13

@Stewburtx8 said...

I think $7k would be a little high and make him unplayable at that price. I admittedly do not know much about him but his CFL career looks rather mediocre (less than 4 catches and 50 yards per game on average). Best season ever he had 47-619-3 in 14 games. Now I do think if he stays healthy and establishes his role in the Toronto offense, his price will go up for sure. He had a bad TD drop in Week 1 but did make some nice plays as well. But right now isn’t he their 3rd or 4th option for targets?

As far as coming off Green, I think it would depend on where you sit in a GPP. Green has a much higher ceiling and much higher floor. But if people in front of you all have Green, then switching to Fuller could make sense if you want a chance at a top finish. But if you are OK with a solid cash/higher finish, I would stick with Green.

He was a key piece to the Stamps 2015 team with Rogers before leaving for the NFL

• thetitanlb

@themarksman13 said...

in the $8 Post pattern, I’m considering coming off of Green to go Fuller…I still have no clue why he isn’t like 7k. DK, wanna explain that to me?

Iono from the 2 games I watched where he played he seems like the deep threat guy. So super boom bust cause he only really runs deep routes. Armanti seems to get the intermediate work with coombs. SJ does everything. Leaving fuller to mostly run deep routes. So if you think he can bust some deep ones then sure

• mikeyo111

Really wrestling with Fuller vs. Coombs. I figure Coombs is a safe 8-12 points without much upside. Fuller could give you 6 or 26. Switching would leave over $1k on the table. Thoughts anyone??

• thetitanlb

Side note the Johnson guy who did kr/pr the last few games for Ottawa is out of the lineup. Does that mean Spencer will get those duties back assuming the leg bruise is fine

• themarksman13

Scratches are out.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).