BC

Tor

Wpg

Mtl

Ott

Cal

Ham

• OttawaCityMadman

CFl contests dying quickly now. They even cancelled the special contest they were planing. They paid the ticket I had won out to me.

• Syzltuth

Ugh not good, no idea why cfl doesn’t get more interest. It’s not that hard to get decent info and be able to build lineups especially compared to some of the other sports offered

• OttawaCityMadman

way easier than bloody tennis! lol

• Syzltuth

@OttawaCityMadman said...

way easier than bloody tennis! lol

Lol for sure, I tried that a few time & didn’t even come close to cashing.

• leib0039

@Syzltuth said...

Ugh not good, no idea why cfl doesn’t get more interest. It’s not that hard to get decent info and be able to build lineups especially compared to some of the other sports offered

Pretty easy to understand why, people dont know these guys. I’ve made this same point talking about CFB/CBB/AFL a person comes in thursday an hour before lock and goes hey i will play this, ahh who the f is William Stanback? Drew Wolitarsky, yah never heard of him. Now you look at NFL, you do no research all week, come in an hour before lock and go hey Brady-Edelman-Ted Ginn—Odell Beckham, nice I know all these guys im in! Do most of those people win, no, but thats not what its about, its about getting the casual DFS players in, those players only play a sport with name recognition, thus why NFL/NBA/MLB will always rule DFS and it will be next to impossible to grow these secondary DFS games.

• OttawaCityMadman

@leib0039 said...

Pretty easy to understand why, people dont know these guys. I’ve made this same point talking about CFB/CBB/AFL a person comes in thursday an hour before lock and goes hey i will play this, ahh who the f is William Stanback? Drew Wolitarsky, yah never heard of him. Now you look at NFL, you do no research all week, come in an hour before lock and go hey Brady-Edelman-Ted Ginn—Odell Beckham, nice I know all these guys im in! Do most of those people win, no, but thats not what its about, its about getting the casual DFS players in, those players only play a sport with name recognition, thus why NFL/NBA/MLB will always rule DFS and it will be next to impossible to grow these secondary DFS games.

really good points. The thing we should try and get through to the casual player, there are only 8 teams, 4 games (Sometimes 3) to research on a full slate. So much easier and less time involved to prepare.

• OttawaCityMadman

First game charts up. We have our first wrinkle. Daniels is in and starting for Edm. Edm just got more dangerous…

• leib0039

Totally agree, and unlike NFL (90 minutes), NBA (basically never), the CFL lineups are out a full day in advance, they do a great job of that and makes research much easier. I think CFL is super fun, and its just like any other football, great players will have poor games bu thats a part of it.

• leib0039

Jackson Bennett and Maleek Irons will take over duties in the backfield with Thomas-Erlington sidelined.

This is umm, interesting, this was on Rotowire so take it for what it is. STE out 6 weeks, assuming Coombs gets the work but better watch the depth charts.

• OttawaCityMadman

@leib0039 said...

Jackson Bennett and Maleek Irons will take over duties in the backfield with Thomas-Erlington sidelined.

This is umm, interesting, this was on Rotowire so take it for what it is. STE out 6 weeks, assuming Coombs gets the work but better watch the depth charts.

yeah I saw that coming. Coombs can’t pound the ball. He was a good safety valve in Mtl, but loosing STE totally messed up Ham’s game plan. Played a big part in the loss.

• Syzltuth

Ill probably avoid the Hamilton rb situation on the main slate. I’m probably only going to do a couple lineups for that and I don’t want to play the guessing game between 3 players. Maybe jump into it on the Saturday 2 game slate.

• bure10

He looked good and seemed like such a lock. Ill play two LUs to start. Carey still has value if Hamilton stinks on the ground like last game

• OttawaCityMadman

@Syzltuth said...

Ill probably avoid the Hamilton rb situation on the main slate. I’m probably only going to do a couple lineups for that and I don’t want to play the guessing game between 3 players. Maybe jump into it on the Saturday 2 game slate.

im going to gamble on Irons. Most of the owner ship will go to Coombs. Irons is a power back but has way more experience than Bennett. Bennett played Can Univ and was a DB. He just made the switch to RB in training camp. Irons played for Ohio Bobcats, (think they are Div 1 correct?) and had some NLF interest…

• DraftKings_CM

• DraftKings Representative

CFl contests dying quickly now. They even cancelled the special contest they were planing. They paid the ticket I had won out to me.

We think it helps if we put things into perspective, rather than look at one week in isolation.

In July 2018 our biggest game in CFL was $12k. We’re pretty happy with the year over year growth of CFL, and we think you should be too because we have seen some good signs of potential success while offering a $35K guarantee for the past 4 consecutive weeks. When we compare year over year this time in 2018, our biggest contest was a 6K GPP with an $8 entry fee. The $10/$35K we are currently offering as our headliner is 7x bigger! What does this mean? WE ARE GROWING THE SPORT AND THE PLAYERS ARE SLOWLY EMBRACING CFL!

So that is the clear positive. To obtain the good, we must also accept the bad. We decided to cancel a special $5 contest we had planned because the $10/$35K has such good signs of potential success, we were concerned that it might affect player liquidity in the featured contest. In hindsight we realised it was wiser to keep the focus on the contest that is outperforming previous expectations, than refocus player attention on a $5 contest that was unproven and unlikely to drive the same volume of traffic.

We hope this explanation helps to better explain our decision process. It’s in everyone’s best interest that CFL continues to grow – we need your support. Please help us get the word out, the greater the demand the more vibrant our contest offerings can grow!

- DraftKings Community Team

• OttawaCityMadman

Doin our best DKCT. Thanks for the insight. Don’t forget about us small stakes guys. Love to see some $1-$3 single entery contests

• OttawaCityMadman

Here is a thought for tonight guys. Daniels is a great route running recv with decent speed. Same with Stafford. I dont think they will get many targets. Daniels will be rusty and there isnt much room out on the short side fir KS BUT the safties are going to have to respect them which will open a ton underneath. Ellington Smith and Collins are going to eat. If you feel bold take all3 with Harris to stack of course. Gable will be invilved too but i feel there is better value at RB … I think you will need 1 or 2 of Edm’s slots this week

• OttawaCityMadman

Wpg chart up. Nichols is in and Lawler starting in Mathews spot…

• OttawaCityMadman

Tor up. No notable changes

• bure10

Gotta degen this summer league then focus on CFL we will see how many LUs I Build but the initial stuff has me on Durant, Collins, EDM receivers, Carey and Harris/Davis. Also Noel is best value again.

• Syzltuth

Didn’t get an of the research I wanted to do done so just going to wing it like I always do. Just a single lineup tonight and I’ll do more for the other slates added later. Trying to decide what I want to do with the Hamilton game, don’t really like the idea of fading it but not sure who I want to take from it

• OttawaCityMadman

Going in big. Used 25000crowns for 5 shots in the MplLf. Maxed the rouge and $1. Got a lot of 3 RB lineups with Harris, Carey, Gabel, Stanback and Irons, all mixed in with all Edm recv. Long shots being Whitehead, DCarter, Senopli, Tasker. Faded TO completely and not much Ham as well.

Looks great for now!

• bure10

Looking like overlay in the 10$ still 1700 spots left to go. Ive got two in the 33$ (46/70) going to have to make a decision about an hour before and see if I want to just smash the 10 or do what im doing

• Syzltuth

Good luck guys

• archieadams

@DraftKings_CM said...

We think it helps if we put things into perspective, rather than look at one week in isolation.

In July 2018 our biggest game in CFL was $12k. We’re pretty happy with the year over year growth of CFL, and we think you should be too because we have seen some good signs of potential success while offering a $35K guarantee for the past 4 consecutive weeks. When we compare year over year this time in 2018, our biggest contest was a 6K GPP with an $8 entry fee. The $10/$35K we are currently offering as our headliner is 7x bigger! What does this mean? WE ARE GROWING THE SPORT AND THE PLAYERS ARE SLOWLY EMBRACING CFL!

So that is the clear positive. To obtain the good, we must also accept the bad. We decided to cancel a special $5 contest we had planned because the $10/$35K has such good signs of potential success, we were concerned that it might affect player liquidity in the featured contest. In hindsight we realised it was wiser to keep the focus on the contest that is outperforming previous expectations, than refocus player attention on a $5 contest that was unproven and unlikely to drive the same volume of traffic.

We hope this explanation helps to better explain our decision process. It’s in everyone’s best interest that CFL continues to grow – we need your support. Please help us get the word out, the greater the demand the more vibrant our contest offerings can grow!

- DraftKings Community Team

I’m really happy to see DK committing to trying to grow CFL. I hated last year seeing the $8 continue to shrink week after week despite it nearly filling each week. The fact that you have continued to keep the $10 at $35k despite it having overlay each of the first four weeks is really encouraging and actually putting your money where your mouth is. I know people bash y’all all the time on here but for this one you deserve a round of applause.

• Syzltuth

@bure10 said...

He looked good and seemed like such a lock. Ill play two LUs to start. Carey still has value if Hamilton stinks on the ground like last game

Hamilton gave up 249 all purpose yds and 3 tds to stanback last week, 115/0 to stanback week 3 and 110/1 to Powell week 1. The only rb they’ve contained was wilder in week 2. Carey is a good option imo

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.